PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

el3mel

Just remembered I was talking to someone earlier about subbing Bruno off half time against Spurs with the result 4-1 and he thought it was fine to threw the game because we're not getting back from 3 goals down and I told him this league has seen crazier comebacks. Well here WHU managed to return from 3 goals down against the same Spurs in 10 minutes.

We should never threw a game off or thing it's done if we're 2 or 3 goals down.

Kuba

6 goals in that match and still there was 66 minutes period nobody scored in it... mental

flappyjay

Maybe, maybe not. Remember when Jose put Pogba on the bench? All the fanbois crying for Jose to be sacked, and soon as he was Pogba was to become best ever player. Still waiting for it.. so if he sold Pogba it would have been riots among United fans. Now they are opening their eyes, slowly but firmly.

Differenc beetween Jose Spurs and Jose United is the CEO. Levy is CEO/Chairman/President (whatever) of a football club, Woodward is CEO of the marketing agency, where being marketable celebrity is more important than being footbal player.
:lol:

Tony247

Reporter to Moyes: how do you feel after the equalizer?
Moyes: Euphoric because I was unjustifiably sacked by united. I wanted Bale, Fabregas, Baines. I had helicopter ready for Baines.

PoTMS

Just remembered I was talking to someone earlier about subbing Bruno off half time against Spurs with the result 4-1 and he thought it was fine to threw the game because we're not getting back from 3 goals down and I told him this league has seen crazier comebacks. Well here WHU managed to return from 3 goals down against the same Spurs in 10 minutes.

We were a man and 3 goals down. Bruno or no Bruno, we weren't coming back from that one.

el3mel

We were a man down and 3 goals down. Bruno or no Bruno, we weren't coming back from that one.
WHU were 3 goals down tonight and don't have half the quality we have.

I'm not saying we were definitely going to make a comeback but thinking it's done with 45 whole minutes to go is a terrible mentality. If there's 1% chance for us to make a comeback, fight for it. The league has seen crazier comebacks.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Brilliant, only annoying this is saw it was 3 - 0 to Spurs and didn't watch the comeback :lol:.

Mourinho not going to be pleased.... Any other times in his career lost a 3 0 lead, ever ?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If anyone needs a reason as to why Southgate is shit -

Kane 5 goals and 7 assists in 5 PL games.
DCL - 7 goals in 5 PL games.

We have the two players topping the goal and assist charts and they still put in tumescent shitty performances against Denmark.

Superunknown

Let's give West Ham some credit, too. Mentally, they could've and perhaps should've been out of the game at 3-0 down so early on. They stuck in there, did much better in the second half and got an away point from a terrible situation. I thought they looked better in the second half and it takes a good mentality to not just give up when there's 10/15 mins left and you're losing by that margin.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't think of too many better weekends as a United fan than this in recent years

Normally our results match or are worse than those around us

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What the hell happened, went away at 3-0 and it’s 3-3!
I checked the score in the 36th minute and saw they were at 3-0 and began to wonder what the record amount of goals scored in two consecutive games was.

Checked again in the 75th minute and saw it was still 3-0 and thought “classic Mourinho, locking the game down and conserving energy for the season”.

Checked after the final whistle. Chuckled to myself.

Paul_Scholes18

Can't think of too many better weekends as a United fan than this in recent years

Normally our results match or are worse than those around us
Just a City win sadly, but it was vs Arsenal who we might fight with even more.
Hope we can build on it and beat Chelsea. We really need to get going fast before teams run away from us.

TheLord

One of the best goals to finish an unbelievable match. I don't think I have seen too many better goals scored in the last minute of added time than that shot!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just a City win sadly, but it was vs Arsenal who we might fight with even more.
Hope we can build on it and beat Chelsea. We really need to get going fast before teams run away from us.
Not that I watched last night but you always have AFTV with an Arsenal loss so silver linings :lol:

Tony247

If anyone needs a reason as to why Southgate is shit -

Kane 5 goals and 7 assists in 5 PL games.
DCL - 7 goals in 5 PL games.

We have the two players topping the goal and assist charts and they still put in tumescent shitty performances against Denmark.
England is so blessed with talent that Southgate can field two high caliber teams. Yet his set up is so baffling.

edcunited1878

WHU were 3 goals down tonight and don't have half the quality we have.

I'm not saying we were definitely going to make a comeback but thinking it's done with 45 whole minutes to go is a terrible mentality. If there's 1% chance for us to make a comeback, fight for it. The league has seen crazier comebacks.
You gotta let it go and get off your imaginary high horse about what could have happened or what it looked like.

West Ham never went down a man and they used halftime to regroup as a full team and provided a response in the second half....aided by their set pieces, as two of the 3 goals came as a result from set pieces.

United had to tighten up against an in form Spurs attack and an out of whack United backline by bringing on McTominay and Fred. You look at how Spurs played today and they weren't as sharp mentally nor up for it as compared to a couple weeks ago against United.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

We were down to 10 as well in fairness, and looked way, way worse than West Ham did.

But you are right. I'm not sure we gave up, we were just appalling and Spurs good that day.