Plagiarism? Flattery? Or just plain sad? | .Rossi refuses to admit he was a disgrace to humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I think sometimes people don't take enough responsibility for the things they post is all.
agreed. i've seen posts and requests made on this forum that have made me do anything from vomit uncontrollably to stabbing unborn babies through their mother's abdomens to stop them entering a society that's heading this way.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Or none at all, when it's something they didn't write themselves.
Or when people are repeatedly making personal comments about someone? There's a joke and then there's going a little too far... and then there's repeating jokes others have already made to join a bandwagon and get yourself a few laughs mate. I don't know, just doesn't seem fitting. This forum has created some really great things at times, but equally at other times it can go way overboard.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Really starting to feel this thread has run its course now. A joke is a joke but quite often people think that the barrier of a computer monitor means their words have less impact.

There's far too many people trying to make the same old jokes now in attempts to get a few smilies and a funny man rep.
I'm not sure you even realize how funny that statement is in the context of this thread :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Or when people are repeatedly making personal comments about someone? There's a joke and then there's going a little too far... and then there's repeating jokes others have already made to join a bandwagon and get yourself a few laughs mate. I don't know, just doesn't seem fitting. This forum has created some really great things at times, but equally at other times it can go way overboard.
People repeating jokes others have already made to join a bandwagon and get yourself a few laughs.... doesn't seem fitting?

Phil Jones Face

You really are a bore sometimes. Ok, all the time.

Don't think you quite "get" the internet.

Waldner

I'm not sure you even realize how funny that statement is in the context of this thread :lol:
I really do :lol:

I get the humour of it all, but personally just feel that atleast it's at risk of going too far here, if it hasn't already.

Fully Fledged

of course nobody is offended, but it's still hilarious, we should rejoice in it, not sympathise. it's a forum, not a fecking schoolyard or workplace!
If it was a school yards you would have still had the sh#t ripped out of ya. It's just the way it works.
If the worst I had ever been called was a bit weird I'd be laughing. Believe me I've called much worse than that by my mates and laughed about it with everybody else.

Alock1

I get the humour of it all, but personally just feel that atleast it's at risk of going too far here, if it hasn't already.
Anyone who spends years justifying his own existence through the use of green smilies and post likes deserves more than a days worth of bashing. He's everything he hates about music, and needs to be reminded constantly after boring us with constant Ed Sheeran and Status Quo remarks for the last 3 years.

Crackers

greasy ginfers

If you think it's at a risk of going to far, then you really don't understand the mentality of this place.

Waldner

If you think it's at a risk of going to far, then you really don't understand the mentality of this place.
I've been around here long enough and been at the rough end of it enough to know full well what it's like :lol:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I've been around here long enough and been at the rough end of it enough to know full well what it's like :lol:
Then loosen up and join the hunt. Someone plagiarised across several forums, from several posters on what seems like a very consistent basis. Just to gain some sort of internet reputation.
He's been mocked for it , and rightly so.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Not sure what you lot want from the kid, and I assume he's a kid. If he's a grown man, he's a got a completely different set of issues he can deal with himself.

So he copied a few posts to appear witty and contribute more. There's a desire to be appreciated or liked that led to it happening in the first place. Suffice to say he's learnt the hard way that his way was wrong, at least online.

By all means, take his case, let him not forget it for a bit if you want. But a fan forum is the one place he would've felt comfortable interacting in, with more people who think like him on it. Alienating him isn't the answer to anything.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Then loosen up and join the hunt. Someone plagiarised across several forums, from several posters on what seems like a very consistent basis. Just to gain some sort of internet reputation.
He did end up getting a reputation to be fair.

GloryHunter07

What benefit is there to this thread when someone calls him sad/strange/weird/*add personal comment* for the tenth time? It's going beyond the point of originality for some people.

I think sometimes people don't take enough responsibility for the things they post is all.
What is this thread if not making people responible for their posts?

Alock1

Not sure what you lot want from the kid, and I assume he's a kid. If he's a grown man, he's a got a completely different set of issues he can deal with himself.
He's in his mid 20s I think.

GloryHunter07

So he copied a few posts to appear witty and contribute more. There's a desire to be appreciated or liked that led to it happening in the first place. Suffice to say he's learnt the hard way that his way was wrong, at least online.

By all means, take his case, let him not forget it for a bit if you want. But a fan forum is the one place he would've felt comfortable interacting in, with more people who think like him on it. Alienating him isn't the answer to anything.
Yeah i think he is pretty young - this thread is an important life lesson. Be yourself.

Waldner

Think the way you've described it as a 'hunt' kind of makes my point a little more valid :lol:

The guy has acted a bit weirdly, been found out and had his time in the limelight. Knowing the caf, it'll progress from here.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Think the way you've described it as a 'hunt' kind of makes my point a little more valid :lol:

The guy has acted a bit weirdly, been found out and had his time in the limelight. Knowing the caf, it'll progress from here.
Ok, calling it a hunt was a little over the top. But I don't really mean anything by it. No one is really offending him or anything, it's just a bit of chastising. I think it's kinda run its course though now.

Alock1

Nope. If he'd sucked it up it would have been over in no time, like @Orc. Instead he denied it further (that he copied from the other site here) and then climbed onto his high horse once people called him 'weird' - which, apparently, is too far.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout

He's in his mid 20s I think.
He said in the Glastonbury thread he's 26.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

What are you expecting to happen from here? All he's been called is weird and you are wondering if it's gone too far

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Stop tagging me in this thread, goddamnit! :lol:

Waldner

What are you expecting to happen from here? All he's been called is weird and you are wondering if it's gone too far
Quite obviously I have my own reasons for stepping up here and accepting all the comments I've been getting for going against the majority, but I'd rather not air them 'publicly'

I just have a feeling that some/certain people need to show more foresight.

sizzling sausages

Scout
Nope. If he'd sucked it up it would have been over in no time, like @Orc. Instead he denied it further (that he copied from the other site here) and then climbed onto his high horse once people called him 'weird' - which, apparently, is too far.
Agreed, it's his reaction that has made people keep poking fun.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Agreed, it's his reaction that has made people keep poking fun.
he posted 50 odd times all through out the night

After reading through it all I dont think he appears comfortable at all with this. Yeah he probably dug himself deeper but feck it, this whole ganging up shite is a load of bollox

kill the thread mods

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Quite obviously I have my own reasons for stepping up here and accepting all the comments I've been getting for going against the majority, but I'd rather not air them 'publicly'

I just have a feeling that some/certain people need to show more foresight.
People shouldn't get so sensitive about the Internet...especially about such tame stuff like 'weird'

Think you are overreacting

sizzling sausages

Scout
he posted 50 odd times all through out the night

After reading through it all I dont think he appears comfortable at all with this. Yeah he probably dug himself deeper but feck it, this whole ganging up shite is a load of bollox

kill the thread mods
Yeah, he definitely doesn't seem comfortable with it, which is why I haven't really got involved. But surely he should've been able to tell that if took the pisstaking in the right manner instead of saying it's bullying that people would have let it go.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The real victim here is that other forum...they've probably lost one of their most funny and witty posters now

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let it go guys. He's clearly affected by it despite his nonchalant responses when he entered the thread.

Let's not become Twitter and turn this into a witch hunt. We've all had our fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.