Plagiarism? Flattery? Or just plain sad? | .Rossi refuses to admit he was a disgrace to humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Nope. If he'd sucked it up it would have been over in no time, like @Orc. Instead he denied it further (that he copied from the other site here) and then climbed onto his high horse once people called him 'weird' - which, apparently, is too far.
I think he sucked it up fairly well. Didn't try to justify it. I'd probably have never logged in again tbh :lol:

kps88

As far as Caf lynchings go, this has all been fairly tame. I don't know why people are being so precious.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I never credit people who's stuff I rip off IRL though.
Well, 'netiquette' changes all the time I suppose. This isn't crime of the century is it? In my own words it is just a bit weird, if 'weird' is too strong then maybe we can call it an unusual behaviour. If it were to be likened by anyone to a crime on here then surely it would be of the type where the burglar breaks in, raids the fridge, drinks all the beer and is found by the owners upon their return asleep on the couch. There's a lot of copying and pasting.

I'm curious enough to wonder about the motivation behind it all. Since this is the Caf and not the Womans Institute others are going to take the piss too. It has to be expected I'm afraid.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The only thing that suprises me is how pissed and upset people are acting over this like he's committed a crime. If someone wants to be lame and goes through so much effort to post in loads of other forums and copy other peoples posts then let them!

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
The only thing that suprises me is how pissed and upset people are acting over this like he's committed a crime. If someone wants to be lame and goes through so much effort to post in loads of other forums and copy other peoples posts then let them!
I haven't seen anyone acting as if they are upset. No wailing and gnashing of the teeth.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
No one has gotten pissed or upset over it, no one.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
No one's stopping him and anyone saying they're 'upset' is clearly doing so for comic effect.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Has he cried yet? I'm not leaving until he cries.

He needs to understand the hurt he's caused.

soap

Well, 'netiquette' changes all the time I suppose. This isn't crime of the century is it? In my own words it is just a bit weird, if 'weird' is too strong then maybe we can call it an unusual behaviour. If it were to be likened by anyone to a crime on here then surely it would be of the type where the burglar breaks in, raids the fridge, drinks all the beer and is found by the owners upon their return asleep on the couch. There's a lot of copying and pasting.

I'm curious enough to wonder about the motivation behind it all. Since this is the Caf and not the Womans Institute others are going to take the piss too. It has to be expected I'm afraid.
I think it's weird behaviour too don't get me wrong, I just can't put a finger on exactly WHY its clearly more strange than stealing little idioms you've heard your mates say. Although actually now I think about it I do sometimes say "I completely stole that thing you do at work the other day" or whatever

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I think it's weird behaviour too don't get me wrong, I just can't put a finger on exactly WHY its clearly more strange than stealing little idioms you've heard your mates say. Although actually now I think about it I do sometimes say "I completely stole that thing you do at work the other day" or whatever
Yeah but that's just how we absorb new words or phrases and extend our vocabulary. That's a whole different ball game to plagiarising, which is the worst thing in my line of work.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This thread needs a Twitter thread style automatic update for Rossi's posts only

soap

Yeah but that's just how we absorb new words or phrases and extend our vocabulary. That's a whole different ball game to plagiarising, which is the worst thing in my line of work.
Yeah think you've nailed it there. That abates my cognitive dissonance

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah you just made that up

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Jesus this is bad :lol:

I say keep him on here and torment him for as long as he posts. Give him the "shut up Meg" treatment.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Yeah you just made that up
Yeh, Was going by what others were saying with the comments getting nasty or personal or whatever. Especially if the guy has called for it to stop but others continue to call him out on him saying its the weirdest thing they've ever seen on the internet, making the guy feel down if they can etc

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
surely he must have known that one day this would all come crashing down around his ears? he got greedy.

at the start it was "just copy enough to get promoted", then promotion came "i'll just find my feet with a few well thought out zingers and some clever musings, no one needs to know and i can stop any time i want to." then promotion went. slowly the ctrl+c consumed him, slowly it turned him from sentient being to mindless word regurgitater, from advanced human to cheap mimicking parrot.

his wife would pick up the kids from day care and return home after both her shifts at both her jobs, rossi would still be where she left him, sat at the desk in a pile of his own filth, scouring page after page of redcafe. he hadn't slept for days, suddenly theafonis seemed to make sense, he was some kind of football emissary, sent from the future to show us the true path of football foruming. "fecking clarkie is having that one, boyo." he shouted to himself before agreeing with himself. his wife sighed from the kitchen and carried on with making the tea, "beans on toast again :(" she thought silently to herself, this wasn't how it was supposed to be, she forced a smile for her two sweet girls and went back to her mindless stirring.

she'd leave him in a heartbeat if it wasn't from the kids, she came from a broken home, she couldn't put them through it all. she was dead behind the eyes though, he'd taken the spark from her, she was a shred of the woman she'd grown to be. he was supposed to support her as she got her acting career off the ground, she'd work part time and look after the children and then be the leading star on broadway at night as her loving family looked on. that was a long time ago now. serving fastfood and table waiting was a long way from the bright lights of soho. it wasn't meant to be like this.

"is daddy joining us, mummy?"

"no, he's busy working again."

a faint shout of "ho-ho, fecking clarkie has struck gold again, boyo!" crept into the kitchen.

"is clarkie the man making daddy do this, mummy?"

"i don't know any more, eat your beans."

"why do we always have beans and toast, mummy?, i went to sarah's house the other day and they had so much nice food. they all had nicer clothes too and her daddy came home from working abroad and brought a toy home from her before giving her an big kiss and cuddle and saying sorry for missing her dance recital but promising to be at the next one. it wasn't even her birthday and she didn't have to share it with jade, she just got it. why doesn't daddy kiss or cuddle me any more, mummy?"

"eat your beans, my sweet."

after they were done she made sure they brushed their teeth, bathed them, tucked them into bed, kissed both their foreheads and returned to her room, marking another day off the calendar, looking hard at the gun in her bedside table, before drifting off to sleep to the muffled cries of "clarkie, clarkie, we need to have that one, mate," seeping through the floor.

she came down the next morning and he was gone. she approached the desk to find the computer still displaying redcafe, how she hatd the sight of that site. the old monitor hummed as it normally did, the empty bags of crisps and onion skins littered the surface. she glanced at the grimy keyboard and noticed the ctrl, c and v keys missing. she looked on, puzzled and perplexed, "where has he gone and why are those keys missing?" her train of thought was broken by the sound of scurrying and a large shadow disappearing behind the sofa.

this would have shat her up at one point, but now the thought of a hell hound ripping her and her children to shreds was a peaceful one, it'd be an end to all their misery. she pulled the sofa back to find the adonis she once married shoving the grubby, missing keys in and out of his mouth and gurning at her, before letting or what could only be described as a sort of laugh and scurrying off on all fours to the back door and into the garden.

enough was enough, this could go on no longer. she picked up the phone, dialled 999 and reported a mad man in her house who's trying to hurt her and her children. she let out a blood curdling cry before hanging up. the sound of sirens was just minutes away, four cars and a van swept up the driveway as a startled rossi scampered up the nearest tree, hiding his special keys in his special hole.

the police burst into the house, clearing every room as they went, "everybody freeze! don't nobody move!" but each room was empty, they split and made their way upstairs and into the garden.

"chief, we've got something in the tree out here, we think it's he perp, come and take a look."

"just a minute, lewkowsky, i've got one more room to check."

as he opened the door nothing could prepare him from the sight of two pretty little girls and their mother laying in a pool of blood on the bed, the mothers eye's glistened more than they had done for seemingly a lifetime as the gun rested silently in her hand. "we've got an 1156, we're going to need an ambulance but i think it's too late." it was, they were already in a better place.

"nah you can't take only me, fecking clarkie is here too, get that fecker."

but yeah, he's hurting no one.
:lol: Absolute genius. Doubly cruel to Rossi, as he would no doubt love to copy and paste the shit out of that beauty had he not been exposed already.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
but others continue to call him out on him saying its the weirdest thing they've ever seen on the internet, making the guy feel down if they can etc
Yeah, but 'They' haven't said that either.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
This isn't bullying ffs. He's done something incredibly weird and is being called out for it, and rightly so. Nobody is angry/upset at him for doing it, nobody wants him banned - in fact I'd say that people would rather him stick around. This will go in the classics, and in a few months time he'll be able to laugh it off, I hope.

.Rossi, we love you. Not me personally, I actually had you on ignore before this thread, but collectively we do.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeh, Was going by what others were saying with the comments getting nasty or personal or whatever. Especially if the guy has called for it to stop but others continue to call him out on him saying its the weirdest thing they've ever seen on the internet, making the guy feel down if they can etc
No ones being nasty or personal which is why its a bit strange how people are acting so sensitive over it :lol: Worst he's had is being called weird

"Especially if the guy has called for it to stop but others continue to call him out on him saying its the weirdest thing they've ever seen on the internet, making the guy feel down if they can etc"
Nothing like that has happened, it's mainly been harmless jokes really and confusion.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I wonder if its just posts he's stolen or if he likes some of, maybe he has stolen certain aspects of our personalities to create his own character. So he takes the racist trait from myself, being mentally unhinged like @NotoriousIZZY and being a raving alcoholic like @OneNightOnly to create this super alias.

Hojoon

surely he must have known that one day this would all come crashing down around his ears? he got greedy.

at the start it was "just copy enough to get promoted", then promotion came "i'll just find my feet with a few well thought out zingers and some clever musings, no one needs to know and i can stop any time i want to." then promotion went. slowly the ctrl+c consumed him, slowly it turned him from sentient being to mindless word regurgitater, from advanced human to cheap mimicking parrot.

his wife would pick up the kids from day care and return home after both her shifts at both her jobs, rossi would still be where she left him, sat at the desk in a pile of his own filth, scouring page after page of redcafe. he hadn't slept for days, suddenly theafonis seemed to make sense, he was some kind of football emissary, sent from the future to show us the true path of football foruming. "fecking clarkie is having that one, boyo." he shouted to himself before agreeing with himself. his wife sighed from the kitchen and carried on with making the tea, "beans on toast again :(" she thought silently to herself, this wasn't how it was supposed to be, she forced a smile for her two sweet girls and went back to her mindless stirring.

she'd leave him in a heartbeat if it wasn't from the kids, she came from a broken home, she couldn't put them through it all. she was dead behind the eyes though, he'd taken the spark from her, she was a shred of the woman she'd grown to be. he was supposed to support her as she got her acting career off the ground, she'd work part time and look after the children and then be the leading star on broadway at night as her loving family looked on. that was a long time ago now. serving fastfood and table waiting was a long way from the bright lights of soho. it wasn't meant to be like this.

"is daddy joining us, mummy?"

"no, he's busy working again."

a faint shout of "ho-ho, fecking clarkie has struck gold again, boyo!" crept into the kitchen.

"is clarkie the man making daddy do this, mummy?"

"i don't know any more, eat your beans."

"why do we always have beans and toast, mummy?, i went to sarah's house the other day and they had so much nice food. they all had nicer clothes too and her daddy came home from working abroad and brought a toy home from her before giving her an big kiss and cuddle and saying sorry for missing her dance recital but promising to be at the next one. it wasn't even her birthday and she didn't have to share it with jade, she just got it. why doesn't daddy kiss or cuddle me any more, mummy?"

"eat your beans, my sweet."

after they were done she made sure they brushed their teeth, bathed them, tucked them into bed, kissed both their foreheads and returned to her room, marking another day off the calendar, looking hard at the gun in her bedside table, before drifting off to sleep to the muffled cries of "clarkie, clarkie, we need to have that one, mate," seeping through the floor.

she came down the next morning and he was gone. she approached the desk to find the computer still displaying redcafe, how she hatd the sight of that site. the old monitor hummed as it normally did, the empty bags of crisps and onion skins littered the surface. she glanced at the grimy keyboard and noticed the ctrl, c and v keys missing. she looked on, puzzled and perplexed, "where has he gone and why are those keys missing?" her train of thought was broken by the sound of scurrying and a large shadow disappearing behind the sofa.

this would have shat her up at one point, but now the thought of a hell hound ripping her and her children to shreds was a peaceful one, it'd be an end to all their misery. she pulled the sofa back to find the adonis she once married shoving the grubby, missing keys in and out of his mouth and gurning at her, before letting or what could only be described as a sort of laugh and scurrying off on all fours to the back door and into the garden.

enough was enough, this could go on no longer. she picked up the phone, dialled 999 and reported a mad man in her house who's trying to hurt her and her children. she let out a blood curdling cry before hanging up. the sound of sirens was just minutes away, four cars and a van swept up the driveway as a startled rossi scampered up the nearest tree, hiding his special keys in his special hole.

the police burst into the house, clearing every room as they went, "everybody freeze! don't nobody move!" but each room was empty, they split and made their way upstairs and into the garden.

"chief, we've got something in the tree out here, we think it's he perp, come and take a look."

"just a minute, lewkowsky, i've got one more room to check."

as he opened the door nothing could prepare him from the sight of two pretty little girls and their mother laying in a pool of blood on the bed, the mothers eye's glistened more than they had done for seemingly a lifetime as the gun rested silently in her hand. "we've got an 1156, we're going to need an ambulance but i think it's too late." it was, they were already in a better place.

"nah you can't take only me, fecking clarkie is here too, get that fecker."

but yeah, he's hurting no one.
:lol: Genius

Dracula

caf plane air-master
He reacted in a completely normal way.

He initially tried the whole 'its a good laugh' thing, then as he got more embarrassed he played the victim thing. I think everyone else would have reacted the same, he's just a little embarrassed.

Let him have a day or so to cool off then he'll see the funny side.

It was weird, but only in the sense its unusual, not crazy weird. Because deep down everyone here COULD understand what he was going. He found others' posts funny, then when a similar topic came up elsewhere, he wanted to be funny too. Its only unusual that he did it so much...THATS what people cant understand.

.Rossi if you're watching. Relax, it is funny, but 99% of it is genuinely laughing with you because yes its embarrassing, but only in the internet world which we love so much here. Laugh ot off and take the medicine.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
As far as Caf lynchings go, this has all been fairly tame. I don't know why people are being so precious.
Interesting.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He reacted in a completely normal way.

He initially tried the whole 'its a good laugh' thing, then as he got more embarrassed he played the victim thing. I think everyone else would have reacted the same, he's just a little embarrassed.

Let him have a day or so to cool off then he'll see the funny side.

It was weird, but only in the sense its unusual, not crazy weird. Because deep down everyone here COULD understand what he was going. He found others' posts funny, then when a similar topic came up elsewhere, he wanted to be funny too. Its only unusual that he did it so much...THATS what people cant understand.

.Rossi if you're watching. Relax, it is funny, but 99% of it is genuinely laughing with you because yes its embarrassing, but only in the internet world which we love so much here. Laugh ot off and take the medicine.
What I find interesting is that a lot of what he copied (that we've seen) has not been funny

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
This isn't bullying ffs. He's done something incredibly weird and is being called out for it, and rightly so. Nobody is angry/upset at him for doing it, nobody wants him banned - in fact I'd say that people would rather him stick around. This will go in the classics, and in a few months time he'll be able to laugh it off, I hope.

.Rossi, we love you. Not me personally, I actually had you on ignore before this thread, but collectively we do.
Overall it's probably not, but some of the comments in this thread are over the line I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.