Platini arrested - suspicions of corruption in the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Wilt

Hilarious if he ends up watching the 2022 WC from a prison cell.

Full bodied red

Also an other important point, he was initially supposed to be a witness. The change of status is most likely due to the fact that they don't want him to communicate with other people that are or will be auditioned today.

You think so ??

The garde a vue thing....I never knew - how long can someone in garde a vue be held for questioning ??

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep.

What happened to Blatter?

Game is corrupt beyond measure.
6 years ban from football and no jail time which means after his "sentence" is finished he could return in some form. It's a real disgrace if you ask me, that's the worst case scenario for these cnuts.
There is a even a video in which Blatter wants to "help" England land the 2030 World Cup

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You think so ??

The garde a vue thing....I never knew - how long can someone in garde a vue be held for questioning ??
It depends on the investigation, but in theory 24 hours, it can be shortened or lengthened. I'm not sure about what you mean with the first question but this isn't a new investigation, it's the continuation of the one started in 2016, the current reports state that this audition is technical, Platini, Guéant and Dion were present during a meeting that was organized by Sarkozy, Al Thani and Qatar sports minister, the investigators want to know what happened during that meeting.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
*surprised Pikachu face*

Not that this allegedly took place but that some consequences might come out of it for some of the people responsible.

Full bodied red

It depends on the investigation, but in theory 24 hours, it can be shortened or lengthened. I'm not sure about what you mean with the first question but this isn't a new investigation, it's the continuation of the one started in 2016, the current reports state that this audition is technical, Platini, Guéant and Dion were present during a meeting that was organized by Sarkozy and Al Thani and Qatar sports minister, the investigators want to know what happened during that meeting.
OK....Thanks....And also Thanks to BBRBB

The question....I read your comment as meaning he was specifically taken in today specifically to stop him speaking to the others today....That some new evidence had surfaced, overnight, perhaps, which the OCLCIFF want to work on without giving the three ( or four if we include Blatter ) a chance to discuss amongst themselves.

By the way....Just me, or does Platini look more like a thinner Depardieu every day ??

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Can't imagine the number of workers that died building those stadiums. Platini and anyone involved in this needs to be held to account for every single one of them.

Sanchez7

The only surprise is how long he could get away with it given the blatant fraud FIFA committed under his leadership.

Uninformed opinion but the new president Giovanni Infantino comes across as a complete crook as well.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Come on, move the world cup to the UK (the home of football), you know it makes sense.

We could do it so easily.

le tard

He'll probably get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. Corrupt bastards!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Oh god what a shocker. Say it aint so.

SportingCP96

Supports
2022 will be the worst WC ever I wish they can veto that vote and give it to real footballing nations.

SportingCP96

Supports
Football needs to come home.
I would love that actually it would be great. I think the Qatar bid beat out the Spain/Portugal bid which is shocking because that would have made for a fantastic World Cup venue.

SportingCP96

Supports
What nations aren't real footballing Nations? Please share.
Qatar does not give a feck about football and did not even have the proper conditions to host a World Cup what so ever. It was corruption and scandal that got them to host it. That was my point.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I would love that actually it would be great. I think the Qatar bid beat out the Spain/Portugal bid which is shocking because that would have made for a fantastic World Cup venue.
We have all the infrastructure, would be good to go within a week. Perfect place to hold it.

Too sensible though, we'll continue with plans to hold it in a godforsaken desert with zero footballing history just because they have loads of dirty money. Fecking disaster.

SportingCP96

Supports
We have all the infrastructure, would be good to go within a week. Perfect place to hold it.

Too sensible though, we'll continue with plans to hold it in a godforsaken desert with zero footballing history just because they have loads of dirty money. Fecking disaster.
I agree. I am surprised England have not hosted a major tournament in such a long time. You lot have arguably the best stadiums and infrastructures to host a great tournament.

Zen86

Shock horror. This was so blatantly obvious at the time, the entire thing smacked of corruption.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I agree. I am surprised England have not hosted a major tournament in such a long time. You lot have arguably the best stadiums and infrastructures to host a great tournament.
The Olympics was fantastic as well, so we have recent history of putting on a great show. That and we're absolutely football crazy and like you say, we have some of the best stadiums in Europe.

Makes too much sense though .. let's make everyone go to Qatar instead. The joy.

SportingCP96

Supports
The Olympics was fantastic as well, so we have recent history of putting on a great show. That and we're absolutely football crazy and like you say, we have some of the best stadiums in Europe.

Makes too much sense though .. let's make everyone go to Qatar instead. The joy.
Also correct me if I am wrong but since it is insanely hot over there isnt it supposed to be held in December? so that it is not as hot?

Because how are people just supposed to stop work and or school to fly to fecking Qatar.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Also correct me if I am wrong but since it is insanely hot over there isnt it supposed to be held in December? so that it is not as hot?

Because how are people just supposed to stop work and or school to fly to fecking Qatar.
Yeah it's all very stupid. Just take it away, nobody wants it there.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So wc in England instead?
If they are forced to move it, would probably be spread out over several countries, maybe even spread on different continents.

FIFA probably contingency planning because if the Gulf is or near to being a war zone, the tournament will be uninsurable and will have to be moved. Not even counting all the logistical issues it would cause.

SportingCP96

Supports
If they are forced to move it, would probably be spread out over several countries, maybe even spread on different continents.

FIFA probably contingency planning because if the Gulf is or near to being a war zone, the tournament will be uninsurable and will have to be moved. Not even counting all the logistical issues it would cause.
I hope it happens because Qatar have no place holding a World Cup.

Moriarty

So wait it is true that it will begin around December? Utterly ridiculous if true.
It's the winter WC. It's potty and always was. I imagine that if it does go ahead in Qatar, attendances will be poor. Can't believe they'll muster enough local support to fill up the grounds.

Edit: Actually, it's the Autumn WC as the final is played three days before the winter solstice.