Play the kids for Europa [Poll added]

What strength team should we play in the final rounds of the Europa League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well the Lask second leg is going to be a game for the likes of Mata, Lingard, Bailly, James, Fred and Ighalo. The starters will get enough rest to recover in time for essentially 4 win or go home games.

NK86

Let's not bother winning a trophy to rest the first team players for... what exactly?
Start of next season which is a month and a half away. We need players fit and rested, not run into the ground going into the next season.

Usually I am all for going for any trophy possible, but even Sir Alex didn't bother too much about Europa League. We need to target the league next season and have players fresh and raring to go.

Dominos

What possible benefit would we get out of not trying to win it?

We get a 3 week break between Europa final and first league game, so rest is not a reason.

I would definitely play 2nd string against LASK though since we're basically already through, the first 11 need a break.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ridiculous idea. This is a major European trophy and we should go for it. It’s only 3 proper games!!

Worst idea I have seen on here in a while.

Revan

Assumptionman
No need IMO. Definitely play the kids for LASk, but then there are 3 matches to win it all. And there would be more than 2 weeks rest until then, so I think that we should play our best team.

Winning a trophy this season would be really nice, and it would also secure the top seed for us in UCL. We go for it!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Small time mentality.

We go into every competition to win it, plays the reserves against LASK and give the first team 2 weeks rest but then we go for the win.

Bwuk

Would give our main squad a mini break and play a complete reserve side vs LASK.

Then a gradually stronger side. We have a decent path to the final.

Idxomer

No, we should always go for a trophy especially when we're the best team remaining in the competition.

Reiver

I would give our first eleven a rest. They obviously need it. That doesn't mean we can't have a fair crack at it.

neilv93

Nope, rest the first team v LASK and play the kids then but we're Manchester United and we play to win trophies. Plus I want to get one over Lukaku in the (expected) final.

killerboi2

People talking about "winning a trophy". Didn't do Mourinho any good did it? His time here is still remembered as an utter failure by most. Small time trophies like the Europa League is irrelevant whilst we are good enough to get in CL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
T
Would normally agree with you but I'm with Bojan on this one. First team has been ran into the ground. New season not far away.. They need a rest.
Hey don't need a rest,

Let's win the damn thing.

MalcolmTucker

Not like our senior players are going to be on holiday. They will have train and be with the squad so what difference does it make if they play potentially 270 minutes after the LASK game.

Play for it and win it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah against LASK. Why would we or Ole pass up on a one win cup competition with 2 weeks rest. feck that. Win this and make this season good not just the prerequisite.

Chairman Steve

The massive advantage is all the games after LASK are one off ties in neutral venue. If they were two legs I’d lean towards not going for it, but I think we should go for it. It’s 3 games and a trophy at the end of it.

drdoityourself

Weird how so many fans are fixated on rest, rotation and throwing every trophy in sight.
Let the manager worry about fitness and hope the team can get another trophy. Ole's United could benefit massively by winning a cup.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People talking about "winning a trophy". Didn't do Mourinho any good did it? His time here is still remembered as an utter failure by most. Small time trophies like the Europa League is irrelevant whilst we are good enough to get in CL.
What's Mourinho got to do with it? He was shite for us but we're still glad we won it.

dove

I absolutely don't understand fans of a football club who don't want to win trophies. We should play our best team and try to win it.

Bojan11

Small time mentality.

We go into every competition to win it, plays the reserves against LASK and give the first team 2 weeks rest but then we go for the win.
I am sure you were saying small time mentality when Fergie gave 2 shits about it.

Crustanoid

Kids v LASK
Semi-rotated vs Copenhagen
Full strength in Semis if we get there + final

Strats

We go for it.

Although i'd like seeing Ighalo seeing more time on the pitch and putting Romero in goal.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd rather we're fresh for the start of next season but we will play a strong team and it'll be nice to win a trophy.

Dan_F

We could probably even rest players in quarters. Maybe not the whole team, but I don’t think our first team will be necessary. It’ll do us good to play without major pressure I think.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck that. Yes against LASK, but its a chance for a big trophy, and a chance to secure 1st seed to set us up as favorites in our group. Huge advantage and huge mentally.

Roux

Start of next season which is a month and a half away. We need players fit and rested, not run into the ground going into the next season.

Usually I am all for going for any trophy possible, but even Sir Alex didn't bother too much about Europa League. We need to target the league next season and have players fresh and raring to go.
They just had 3 months off, its not the length of time that makes the difference - its the quick succession of games that was the problem. (2/3 days rest). That's over with now so Europa should be fine.

GwilDor

Mourinho also aimed to get the oldest squad available. We now have a young team, and they need to get a taste for winning trophies!

Status
Not open for further replies.