Player Awards - why?

Bosws87

What on earth is this nonsense??

The awards are a celebration of the whole club, you do realise that the club has many more teams that represent it than just the men's first team....don't you??

We have been very successful at youth level in both genders this season, why should they miss out on having an awards night, just because the men's first team were not good??

This event is a chance for people from all of the teams, players and staff to mingle and to chat, and for people to be recognised for their achievements this season.

I just don't get this perspective, that because the men's first team were not up to par, then that means the whole club wasn't....
Because like it or not the only thing that the majority care about is the success of the first team, me included.

All the youth teams etc are all building up to make the 1st team as successful as possible.

phelans shorts

Why not? Better than giving it to one of those useless feckers.
Because it’s embarrassingly small time? Even then it’s not like the fan base has helped at all this season, for instance they call their own players trying to regain confidence “useless feckers”, can you believe that!

Acole9

Outstanding
Because it’s embarrassingly small time? Even then it’s not like the fan base has helped at all this season, for instance they call their own players trying to regain confidence “useless feckers”, can you believe that!
Well they've been shite, behaved like spoilt children. I don't think anything I've said is unreasonable.

el3mel

Which players are you talking about?

Why should the men's first team having a poor season mean that they awards are cancelled?

If next season, the women's first team have a poor season, but the men's first team say finish second, would it be right, for them to get the awards cancelled, due to them having a poor season??

Would it look very bad if the women's team were to dress up whilst they had a bad season in this example??

There is far more to the club as a whole, and this is what this night, and these awards are all about, then just one team, they are there to celebrate ALL of the teams, and ALL of the staff.

Not sure why that seems to be such a hard thing to understand or comprehend.......
I see you're still going at it with the same conspiracy theory nonsense.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Haha...and this club management says that the season gone by was the worst in years. Effing bullshitters.

Yes why not let's celebrate being horrid. The mediocre player of the year awards.

Acole9

Outstanding
and screaming that these people that you don’t know don’t deserve their end of year party isn’t behaving like a spoilt child? Interesting
No one is screaming? You seem rather up tight about this and I don't know why. If you want to reward players for crap performances then fair enough.

MUW4Eva

Because like it or not the only thing that the majority care about is the success of the first team, me included.

All the youth teams etc are all building up to make the 1st team as successful as possible.
Nice of you to have carried out a survey, to say what the majority care about, any chance of being able to have a look at this survey please?

phelans shorts

No one is screaming? You seem rather up tight about this and I don't know why. If you want to reward players for crap performances then fair enough.
I find it hilarious that this is your reaction to a side being the sixth best in the country. There is no justification to cancelling the ceremony (even if we ignore the better performances by other facets of the club that deserve recognition and can be used to instil some professional pride in the mens first team, seeing their peers overshadow them internally) never mind being wet as feck and proclaiming the player of the year as ~the fans~

Bosws87

Nice of you to have carried out a survey, to say what the majority care about, any chance of being able to have a look at this survey please?
Hardly rocket science is it, put the agenda away and accept reality womens and youth football is a very very small percentage of what the united global fanbase care about.

Acole9

Outstanding
I find it hilarious that this is your reaction to a side being the sixth best in the country. There is no justification to cancelling the ceremony (even if we ignore the better performances by other facets of the club that deserve recognition and can be used to instil some professional pride in the mens first team, seeing their peers overshadow them internally) never mind being wet as feck and proclaiming the player of the year as ~the fans~
I never said we should cancel it. The under 18's won the Youth Cup and the ladies have done well too. If you want to reward the mens team for a crap performance then fair enough.

Trex

What conspiracy theory nonsense?

Not sure what the heck you are talking about there.
I've noticed your post around this forum because they're quite unique, clearly you want more people to take note and appreciate the female team which in it self isn't a bad thing, but there is no need to compare with the male team.
Its not a we versus them team, united is one club and clearly at the moment its history is richly in the Male team and 99% of the global fan base actually only care just the first team, so sorry if the rest of the club seems to revolve around it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What on earth is this nonsense??

The awards are a celebration of the whole club, you do realise that the club has many more teams that represent it than just the men's first team....don't you??

We have been very successful at youth level in both genders this season, why should they miss out on having an awards night, just because the men's first team were not good??

This event is a chance for people from all of the teams, players and staff to mingle and to chat, and for people to be recognised for their achievements this season.

I just don't get this perspective, that because the men's first team were not up to par, then that means the whole club wasn't....
The club is the mens team.

MUW4Eva

The club is the mens team.
Nope, the club itself represents ALL of the teams that come under its umbrella.

From the youth teams of both genders, all the way up to the first teams of both genders.

The club itself is not just one first team, it is far bigger than that.