Players at clubs way beneath their level?

Gopher Brown

Two to start off: Jonny Evans & Wilifred Zaha.

Two ex-United players, funnily enough...

Yours?
What makes you say this, I am quite interested in your rationale?

Zaha is very inconsistent, and he just seems to have an odd game here and there which reminds people he’s still alive.

It’s hard to judge centre backs playing at lower teams, particularly if they are a ball playing one playing in a non-passing team.

Eire Red United

Hazard, Salah, Couthino, Sanchez, Kane, Zaha I suppose could be at a midtable club. As for the past, Le Tissier and Shearer stand out as well as Gazza.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Maradona
Junior
Sokrates
Mancini
Hans Peter Briegel
Elkajer
Antognoni
Zico
Stojkovic
Seeler
Gascoigne
Le Tissier
Zola
Shearer
Francescoli
Roger Milla

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
I forgot to add the great Gigi Riva! One of the best strikers of all time and really loyal to Cagliari

SambaBoy

Zaha is very inconsistent, and he just seems to have an odd game here and there which reminds people he’s still alive.

It’s hard to judge centre backs playing at lower teams, particularly if they are a ball playing one playing in a non-passing team.
90% of wingers are inconsistent. Second half of last season, the majority of games he was having an influence and being a threat constantly, certainly one of the top half wingers in the league but still question marks about his end product.

This season, since he has returned from injury, he has been top class. Obviously everyone has their off-days especially for a club near the bottom but he has been key for Palace's wins and trying to drag them out the relegation zone.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
In the PL I'd say Zaha should be at a team that's right outside the top 6 and maybe eventually move to a big team.
Mahrez is too good for Leicester and would flourish around better players, in fact he'd be great on our right.
I'd also like to see what Lanzini could do in a team that plays good football.
Harry Kane is the ultimate one, he should be at a top top club. I can easily see him play for Munich, Madrid, Us, Chelsea.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Salah, coutinho, alli, kane, eriksson, ozil, sanchez

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

That’s a pretty old view tbh.

Zaha has been fantastic for months now, he completely carries palace. When he was injured they sucked, since he’s come back they’ve started competing and winning again.

He’s not everybody’s cup of tea because he’s a dribbler and can lose the ball, but he’s getting better at that also and has the goals/assists coming too.

IMO we should have loaned him and kept him, he would be good enough for our right side now.

Charles Miller

Zaha, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Arthur, Malcom, Luis Alberto, Fabinho, Lemar.
No disrespect to Lazio and Monaco.

Green_Red

Doucoure and Richardleson (I think thats how their names are spelt?) Watford.

Bwuk

De Gea should be playing for sides winning the league and competing in the champions league. We aren't at that level so it's safe to say him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Pogba and De Gea, ffs :rolleyes:
Yeah, it is silly, isn't it?

The current level of United and our results isn't befitting players of that quality, but as far as stature as a club comes we are only behind RM and Barca.

Cheeky Bayern supporter over here baiting with those two names would do well to remember that United is a global giant in a way Bayern never has been, or will be.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all

The current level of United and our results isn't befitting players of that quality, but as far as stature as a club comes we are only behind RM and Barca.

Cheeky Bayern supporter over here baiting with those two names would do well to remember that United is a global giant in a way Bayern never has been, or will be.
I am not a Bayern supporter. But Pogba and De Gea can start for the best sides in world football. We are getting there. We aren't there yet.

MadMike

I don't agree with the thinking behind some of these mentions. For me, a player under 22 with only 1 or 2 good seasons behind him is not really at a club below his level. It's just the natural order of things that talented young players will get more time at smaller clubs with less pressure. He hasn't proven himself at top level either to claim he's playing at a club below his own level. I see 20yo Malcom in this list and I'm just shaking my head. I'd imagine back in the day the same people thought Depay was at a club below his level at PSV.

Players who have proven over 4-5 years their consistent quality, those are the ones that can claim to be at clubs below their level. Especially if they have proven themselves at top level for another team too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably not a club but Marco Icardi is playing below his level considering his goal record over last few years.

Has he ever played in the champions league?

Reminds me of Falcao who at his peak always seemed to move to clubs who'd just missed out on champions league football.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

I am not a Bayern supporter. But Pogba and De Gea can start for the best sides in world football. We are getting there. We aren't there yet.
I think he was referring to me. It was a 51% a joke. Sorry if it wasn't hilarious.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

It's absolutely absurd. It's like picking up players from the era when Real, Barca or Bayern hadn't won so much and saying such players were way above the level of the club. This is not what this thread is about.

Needham

All the class players playing for a tinpot club Manchester city. Not bitter just telling the truth.
Beat me to it, going back further Crespo, Robben, etc at Chelsea. But these clubs are monetary reinventions splashing their cash jizz on whores who wear ribbons to calivate their concern for political justice. Ok, I think i'm going overboard now. Frank Worthington could have played for a bigger club.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Van Dijk
Salah
Pogba
De Gea
Ibrahimovic
Milakovic-Savic
Naby Keita
Timo Werner
Sanchez
Kane
Eriksen
Mahrez
Zaha
Insigne
Goretzka

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Daniel Baier
Raffael
Horn
Hector

Those come to mind from the Bundesliga.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just read on Football Italia website that Samir Hadanovic has yet to play in the champions league.

I find that incredible. Guy will be 34 start of next season, one of the best keepers in europe and yet to play in the elite level.

He's been with Inter since 2012 aswell.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

I mean, yeah, that, but I’m also kinda tired of people over playing our current level and general “decline” as some sort of epic Shakespearean fall from grace. So far our disastrous post Fergie existence has seen us go a whopping 2 seasons without silverware (one if you include the annual North London Top 4 trophy), picking up both Domestic cups and a never before won European trophy (making us one of only 5 clubs to complete the set) and currently sees us 2nd in league position and goals scored only to a team half our fans seem prematurely ready to crown one of the greatest ever.

Even in a time of supposed unparalleled crisis, we’ve somehow managed to be the most successful English side of the last 4 years outside of the actual League winners, and still in the top 5 including them. As crisis’ go, it’s one any Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham fan would trade their own dick for. And even at our lowest did we have a season as bad as Chelsea in ‘16.

If anything, nothing proves the enduring elite status and ludicrously high standards of the club than the idea the last not-even-half decade of middling form and casual cup success has been some kind of mega brand damaging disaster. Paul Pogba left a serial league winning CL finalist as the World’s most expensive player to re-join a club worse off than when he left. In no way is he punching below his weight. Let alone Martial.