Players from relegated / potentially relegated teams that could be available on the cheap

GwilDor

I get the same vibe from Cantwell that i got from Jack Grealish before they were relegated last time; Talented player with a promising future, but not quite ready yet for the step up to a top 6 team.
Think if we’re getting anyone from relegated sides it will be Grealish. Although, that clip of OGS and Aké leaves room for speculation. Not convinced about Aké myself i have to say...

w1thout

I'd gamble on this Tom Cleverly chap and Danny Welbeck from Watford.

M16Red

Really can't believe no one has said Mcginn.

Red_Orchestra

Harry Wilson is on loan from Liverpoo.
You're right, on top of that, Ryan Fraser is already out of contract and is available on a free transfer.

But if the Premier League were to end right now, there are really good players available to buy.
If I were to choose only one, I think I'd choose Buendia. All around good player with excellent passing and play-making abilities, I'd probably play him in a deeper role due to his long balls and his defense.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
João Pedro/Idah are prospects worth picking up if the club's need to sell.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Buendia is the pick of the bunch.

RiqCantona

Grealish, Rice, and Ake. These are the ones which standout and close to United quality. Worth pursuing for the right price. They will bolster our squad for sure.

The rest are very mid-table to be honest. Don't see them as potential signings.

LisburnWhite

I like Jamal Lewis far more than Max Aarons, excellent dribbler for a fullback and a better defender. I've been surprised watching them both that Aarons has been more hyped. Funny that three of Norwich's four back line members have been quite touted despite shipping the most goals in the league. Farke's system does them no favors and they're all very young to be fair. I think Buendia is the best player on that team currently, elite chance creation figures for such a low scoring team.

Aside from the obvious Grealish who I rate extremely highly, Lewis, Bowen, or Brooks would be my picks. Ake maybe. All talented young players who would help us in positions of need. Don't get this talk that we're Man Utd and we're above signing relegated players. SAF took advantage of loads of bargains. Some key players to title winning teams have come from relegated sides (which is also why that talk about Maguire being relegated with Hull is so silly - so was Robertson). Don't think any of the players I listed would immediately be key first team members (aside from Grealish who is clearly very talented and would probably only be a backup because Pogba and Bruno are in his way), but they'd all have lots of time to develop and step in as solid squad members.
Agree with a lot of this post. Have watched Jamal live on many occasions at international level and he has never looked out of place even when playing against the likes of Germany and Holland, in fact he shone in these matches and you could see his quality.
He has aspects that he still needs to learn but really should develop into top class.
Liverpool touted to be interested earlier in the season but could see him fit in here at United and add to Ole's higher tempo attack based project.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nice post but we’re man united ffs. We don’t go shopping for players because their clubs are being relegated and we could get them a little cheaper.

That being said Grealish is an exceptional talent and I’d love him here.
Just because Grealish gets fouled a lot doesn't necessarily make him a good player.
He has a number of limitations:
Very one footed.
Falls down far too easily, hence the fouls.
Often runs into heavily defended areas.
He also plays in a similar position to that of Fernandez, but is not as good.

Talented. Yes. But with flaws.

buckooo1978

Nice post but we’re man united ffs. We don’t go shopping for players because their clubs are being relegated and we could get them a little cheaper.

That being said Grealish is an exceptional talent and I’d love him here.
Liverpool bought Winjaldum and Robertson from relegated sides

the point is we need talented squad players to replace the current crop (Lingard, Pereira, Chong, Jones etc) we can't rely on

remember we are operating with Glazernomics in a pandemic. I'll be shocked if our net spend is more than 100m and we want Sancho

Rafaeldagold

Only one is Grealish I can see, and he’d be a great addition to the squad- but not sure he’d fancy rotating at times, otherwise would love him here

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Will be watching Brooks closely today, be good to see how he plays against a team we recently had a tough time against.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’d take Ake, Brooks and Grealish.

All three improve our squad.

I’m working on the basis that the current bottom 3 are the ones to go.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd watch João Pedro very closely now Watford look like they're going down.

Nori-

If Villa stay up now, that's Grealish's price up by £20-30m.

ffs Arsenal, hopeless.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Now it’s confirmed:

Brooks?
Sarr
Aarons
Cantwell?

All only as squad options

In Rainbows

Now it’s confirmed:

Brooks?
Sarr
Aarons
Cantwell?

All only as squad options
It's unlikely with having just spent a lot on AWB, and having Laird. I would do it though if he's relatively cheap. For teams that sit back, he would be ideal and make Sancho's job easier.

I don't particularly have a strong opinion on this either way. This is more of a get just as insurance to nail down the RB spot as he's cheap and really young.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I remember we signed James. I got really excited and Wales had two games coming up so I watched them.

He didn't contribute much and Brooks was absolutely mint.

Obviously a very small sample size but I wouldn't be upset if we got him. Really not priority though.

L1nk

Would take David Brooks all day long, we need a good squad, having to rotate with absolute dog players is crippling us at times.

RashyForPM

Callum Wilson getting so few mentions in this thread is laughable. Great striker, and would be one of the best backup ones in the world considering most top teams either have utter tripe strikers on the bench or none at all. Probably only behind Jesus, Higuain and Morata.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not a big fans of Aarons. He hasn't impressed me enough, has potential but don't think it's the right time to come here now. Norwich left back Jamal Lewis is actually looks better when I watched Norwich but probably because he's 2 years older. I don't mind about the idea of signing him and push Williams on the right back spot if the price is cheap, worth for a punt may be. But then again, I'm not sure if we are in for full backs at the moment.

Ake also has a good value for the ability, experience he has & the versatility he can offer. Brooks is another good shout as well, reminds me of Januzaj.

I don't really rate Callum Wilson, however, he has the exact same style as Ighalo if Ole is looking for Ighalo's type of striker for backup. But I don't think he'll be worth investment, Newcastle apparently are linked with him.