Players from relegated / potentially relegated teams that could be available on the cheap

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rice, Ake, Graelish and Sarr would be a decent transfer window. Mind you, I would rather get Sancho for that right wing. I would also like to get another LB to challenge Shaw so Williams can concentrate on being a RB and challenge AWB...

Tiber

Cantwell has impressed me everytime I have watched him play

Dahmmy

Just because Grealish gets fouled a lot doesn't necessarily make him a good player.
He has a number of limitations:
Very one footed.
Falls down far too easily, hence the fouls.
Often runs into heavily defended areas.
He also plays in a similar position to that of Fernandez, but is not as good.

Talented. Yes. But with flaws.
if he came to us i think he would step up to a next level..

At villa, he is the big fish in a small pool, its like in every game hes expected to carry the team and drive it forward, however at united, he would not have that burden, he will actually have half decent players to pass the ball to..instead of trying to dribble past the whole of the opposition team

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

At villa, he is the big fish in a small pool, its like in every game hes expected to carry the team and drive it forward, however at united, he would not have that burden, he will actually have half decent players to pass the ball to..instead of trying to dribble past the whole of the opposition team
That is a very fair point.
I do feel though that he will have to work on using his left foot because he is quite right footed.
And he plays in similar areas to Fernandez.

I would prefer Sancho on the basis that he gives us something different.

Skåre Willoch

That is a very fair point.
I do feel though that he will have to work on using his left foot because he is quite right footed.
And he plays in similar areas to Fernandez.

I would prefer Sancho on the basis that he gives us something different.
Well, obviously buddy.

I think most people think of Grealish as someone we could possible sign in addition to Sancho, not instead of. I don't think any sane poster on here would rather have Grealish than Sancho.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wasn't he doing the same holding on the ball when Villa were in the championship where everybody was on their level or below

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Josh King.

We wanted him in January. He’d be ultra hungry to return here. He’s good enough to play for a club challenging at the top end of the table. He knows a lot of our players and staff already. Premier League proven. He’d fit our system well and would offer cover for all front three positions. Decent goal threat and has solid link-up play.

If the price is right, we should be all over this guy to bolster the squad.

Lee565

It's funny but only a season or two ago I can remember a lot fans on here saying we should consider buying dacoure and now nothing (and rightly so tbh).

Maureen-yo

The problem with this relegation side is incosistent performance week in week out. Roy Keane was also inconsistent in his first year with us.

He plays in wrong position, could be a great RW/LW like Gareth Bale with that speed.
Apparently on his way to Bayern for around £20 million, personally think that’s a tremendous deal for Bayern.

Maureen-yo

Josh King.

We wanted him in January. He’d be ultra hungry to return here. He’s good enough to play for a club challenging at the top end of the table. He knows a lot of our players and staff already. Premier League proven. He’d fit our system well and would offer cover for all front three positions. Decent goal threat and has solid link-up play.

If the price is right, we should be all over this guy to bolster the squad.
Agreed, what would be the right price though?

I also really like Brooks, think he has looked a lot more effective than Daniel James but I can’t see us going in for him if we’re after Sancho for the right.

Rauður Djöfull

Surely we should be looking at Max Aarons as backup for AWB? Unless Ole feels Laird is ready for that role or we are gonna keep TFM

Think a wise thing to do would be call up Bournemouth and Norwich and offer James on loan or permanent transfer in exchange for Brooks or Buendia. Would make much better squad option in my opinion. (Especially if we sign Sancho and perhaps Grealish as well). James started well and really was impressive considering his fathers passing and all, but he really quickly faded away and bar a few assists did nothing for most of the season. He could really use a loan at least. Brooks has always impressed me but had a nasty injury, Buendia created a bunch of chances this season for a crappy team and looks to have fine potential so he could probably be cheap punt that should be able to provide same stats if not better than James if he stays

Maureen-yo

Surely we should be looking at Max Aarons as backup for AWB? Unless Ole feels Laird is ready for that role or we are gonna keep TFM

Think a wise thing to do would be call up Bournemouth and Norwich and offer James on loan or permanent transfer in exchange for Brooks or Buendia. Would make much better squad option in my opinion. (Especially if we sign Sancho and perhaps Grealish as well). James started well and really was impressive considering his fathers passing and all, but he really quickly faded away and bar a few assists did nothing for most of the season. He could really use a loan at least. Brooks has always impressed me but had a nasty injury, Buendia created a bunch of chances this season for a crappy team and looks to have fine potential so he could probably be cheap punt that should be able to provide same stats if not better than James if he stays
Aarons is being heavily linked with Bayern, I don’t think he would want to be a back up at United when he can be a starter for the German Champions.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Aarons is being heavily linked with Bayern, I don’t think he would want to be a back up at United when he can be a starter for the German Champions.
Pavard will play ahead of Aarons for sure, at least for next season. They don't have a right back backup so it makes sense to sign him. And since Thiago will likely to leave means they can't rely on Kimmich to move position from midfield to right back cover when Pavard is injured.

Baneofthegame

Still think:

Brooks/Buendia/King/Lewis/Godfrey/Sarr/Doucoure/Delefeou (probably not spelled that correctly)

Would all be good squad options for the right price.

MrSingh2002

1. Diop
2. Ake - SOLD
3. Buendia
4. Soucek - SOLD
5. Grealish
6. Sarr
7. Douglas Luiz

Shame theres not a left back of interest between those clubs. The best probably being Cresswell or Masuaku.
Unfortunately Ake and Soucek have already been taken. Down to the last 5 options from relegated teams for me.

MrSingh2002

Defo don't want Josh King. He's already failed at United once and he's not as good as Ighalo so what's the point in having another squad member that adds no value.

Ighalo or a superstar.

MadMike

Surely we should be looking at Max Aarons as backup for AWB?
We have plenty of back ups to RB as is. No need for another.

Our problems are at LB. When Shaw is not available we play right-footed fullbacks that spend all their time facing back inside towards the CBs, with no intention or ability to attack. If we're signing a fullback, the focus should be on a left-footed one.

The thought that Aarons will not only go to Bayern but also be a starter for them... well, I find it so improbable it's almost laughable. He was part of a very leaky defence he didn't particularly help with his presence. He's not going to be ahead of Pavard when he's fit, he'll be one for the future if he develops well. They just need a back-up for now due to Pavard's injury and because Kimmich plays at CM mostly nowadays.

Maureen-yo

We have plenty of back ups to RB as is. No need for another.

Our problems are at LB. When Shaw is not available we play right-footed fullbacks that spend all their time facing back inside towards the CBs, with no intention or ability to attack. If we're signing a fullback, the focus should be on a left-footed one.

The thought that Aarons will not only go to Bayern but also be a starter for them... well, I find it so improbable it's almost laughable. He was part of a very leaky defence he didn't particularly help with his presence. He's not going to be ahead of Pavard when he's fit, he'll be one for the future if he develops well. They just need a back-up for now due to Pavard's injury and because Kimmich plays at CM mostly nowadays.
fair enough, to be fair, I was just speculating on the paper talk.