Players & managers react to the Super League

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If be trully believes in money killing the game, he shouldnt have signed for a team like PSG. Thats the hypocrisy I am talking about.
Money in the game is not the issue. Clubs bending the rules to their own benefit is.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Exactly, that's what I find most hilarious about this outrage, like this is greed, but demanding a couple of 100k a week to kick a football, is not and it's only now that the sport is being ruined. Hypocrisy at it's best.
No, it's not. They get offered what they get offered by execs and ultimately the players are the ones that generate revenue. It's only fair that they get a big slice of this huge cake.

Matt007a

Plenty of players are speaking out but they're not really the ones people will listen to. Ideally you need Messi and Ronaldo to make a joint statement against it, but that's extremely unlikely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I find it quite annoying that people jump on this person or that because they are not 100% morally pure. It's a spectrum. We're pretty much all involved in the capitalist monster, but to varying degrees. And everyone is allowed to have opinions even though they are not on a moral pedestal.

If people call out this attempt to Americanise football, I applaud it. Regardless of who they are. The hypocrisy police can go into overdrive if they want, whilst failing to see the bigger picture here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He said....“ The rich stealing what the people have created”

The people didnt make PSG CL contenders, vast amount of money did.
Once again. You’re missing the point. What stinks about this isn’t just about money. It’s about locking away an elite pool of clubs. Saying they’re better than all the other clubs and always will be. Which is, of course, bullshit. And couldn’t be made clearer right now, thanks to the current league positions of Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How does Fergie's reaction square with the fact that he's still got an official role at the club ?
They didn't get it directly from his yesterday. It was extremely suspect when they posted that so early yesterday.

The man does not give interviews like that.

Also, some huge hypocrites talking in those tweets. Particularly former players who had no qualm being 'greedy' when it suited them.

Do what I say, not what I do.

How does Fergie's reaction square with the fact that he's still got an official role at the club ?
United have a 'ceremonial board' with no power - for the likes of Fergie and Charlton.

The real board is the glazer family, woodward and a couple of bankers.

As Fergie said, he has no part of decision making at the club.

Evra said in one of the many twitter rants that Fergie has been sidelined and disrespected by the people who own United.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Louis Figo - 'only to serve self-interested owners, who stopped caring about their fans long ago'

The same guy that left Barcelona to join their arch rivals now talking about caring about fans?
You love a good false equivalence don’t you lad?

bsCallout

It's no surprise to see Bruno comment something. He's one of the few players I think would go against a club if he doesn't agree with it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The only people that have as much power as the clubs in this scenario is the players.

I mean if they went on strike or everyone put in transfer requests (which they wouldn't of course, just hypothetically speaking) then that could actually kill this off.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I find it quite annoying that people jump on this person or that because they are not 100% morally pure. It's a spectrum. We're pretty much all involved in the capitalist monster, but to varying degrees. And everyone is allowed to have opinions even though they are not on a moral pedestal.

If people call out this attempt to Americanise football, I applaud it. Regardless of who they are. The hypocrisy police can go into overdrive if they want, whilst failing to see the bigger picture here.
Agreed

Someone in another thread laughed at Podolski for speaking out about this because he has the nerve to... play football in Turkey?

Devil may care

Of the players at the clubs involved I think so yes.

Anyone know if Evra’s reacted yet? Should be an interesting reaction knowing him.
I thought so, it would be great to see Pogba speak out given his social media presence, but I'm sure Raiola will keep his guys quiet as he'll want a slice of this pie. It will be interesting to see if Klopp steps up tonight on MNF, as Tuchel has already fallen in line with his paymasters.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Theyre all at it today.
“But this thing is also a thing so if you don’t criticise this thing you can’t criticise any thing that looks like a thing”

The internet has a lot to answer for. Far too many people speak in fluent stupidity.

Honestly, it’s already a huge discussion point. We don’t need to turn it into an M.Night Shyamalan movie where everything is interconnected. Why people can’t just talk about the issue and not drag in side quests is beyond me.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
United have a 'ceremonial board' with no power - for the likes of Fergie and Charlton.

The real board is the glazer family, woodward and a couple of bankers.

As Fergie said, he has no part of decision making at the club.

Evra said in one of the many twitter rants that Fergie has been sidelined and disrespected by the people who own United.
Wankers and bankers then

mav_9me

You love a good false equivalence don’t you lad?
Its black or white for so many people. You can't complain abt greed because you changed jobs for a higher pay.

We all want more money but I guess there is no difference between thieves and us because basically we are both greedy.

Jack-C20

I thought so, it would be great to see Pogba speak out given his social media presence, but I'm sure Raiola will keep his guys quiet as he'll want a slice of this pie. It will be interesting to see if Klopp steps up tonight on MNF, as Tuchel has already fallen in line with his paymasters.
I’ve just seen in the main thread that UEFA have said that any players involved in this Super League will be banned from World Cups and Euros. Surely that’s going to bring out a few knee jerk reactions from players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Podence posted against it on his Instagram, Cancelo shared it on his story and notably Bruno Fernandes commented on his post in agreement. Getting more and more players speak out, but 2 involved in it now joining in. Puigmal from our youth team as well but he's leaving this summer anyway so probably doesn't care.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Podence posted against it on his Instagram, Cancelo shared it on his story and notably Bruno Fernandes commented on his post in agreement. Getting more and more players speak out, but 2 involved in it now joining in. Puigmal from our youth team as well but he's leaving this summer anyway so probably doesn't care.

Devil may care

I’ve just seen in the main thread that UEFA have said that any players involved in this Super League will be banned from World Cups and Euros. Surely that’s going to bring out a few knee jerk reactions from players.
Just saw that, good, the governing bodies of each country has to back this, i could see Marcus and Pogba speaking out now as both love playing for their countries.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Louis Figo - 'only to serve self-interested owners, who stopped caring about their fans long ago'

The same guy that left Barcelona to join their arch rivals now talking about caring about fans?
Do you go around threads throwing cheap points around?

This is a group of people that actually have a platform with reach that can help whatever can happen gain momentum, and you want to spend time calling them hypocrites? Sit down and work on your goddamn timing