Players missing the 2022 WC (Injury watch)

Sylar

Im actually surprised we havent seen some cynical red cards from some players to ensure they miss the next game or two and get that break before the WC

Idxomer

All those players missing make this World Cup even less appealing.

saivet

Im actually surprised we havent seen some cynical red cards from some players to ensure they miss the next game or two and get that break before the WC

Lewandowski red card after half an hour last night. It was a second yellow card but could even be a straight red in my opinion, completely unnecessary.

Definite? Last night reports were saying didn’t know impact yet.
It's not confirmed but they were reporting it this morning. We'll have to wait and see but hopefully the reports were wrong.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I reckon a few players have asked the managers not to pick them incase they get an injury and miss out on the WC. This will be mainly the injury prone players.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Lewandowski red card after half an hour last night. It was a second yellow card but could even be a straight red in my opinion, completely unnecessary.

It's not confirmed but they were reporting it this morning. We'll have to wait and see but hopefully the reports were wrong.
Cheers.

On the first point, definitely a card but would be surprised if he did that to get sent off and avoid any injury when 1-0 down.. if 3-0 up, absolutely.

I put it down to being at Barca and quickly adopting their anti-football mentality :angel:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

:lol: yeah that's real suspect.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Mané still hoping to make it to the world cup. Estimated 3-4 weeks for recovery though.. he'd have to travel with the team while injured.

Lee565

Seeing the injury list, the current squads announced and so many great players well into the twilight period of their careers makes it feel like a weak world cup along with it being held in the winter

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, we have no idea the extent to which the World Cup has affected the play level and intensity of players going, players hoping to go, and those that know they aren’t going, will have a ton of rest , and want to prove a point.

Yet another reason this is the worst World Cup ever.

Blackwidow

Had to check him out as the name sounds like he should be sitting out the WC with Nigeria anyway.
Mother German, father Nigerian, born in Hamburg, moved to England with 9
He then was scouted from City and played there from 2007 to 2020 - was loaned out for 2 season. Transferred to Wolfsburg. His brother Felix followed a year later.

Both have German and English nationality and played for both on different youth levels.

Blackwidow

Slight criticism but I think Bayern overplayed Mane - he's pretty much started everyone of their games despite them having usually at least one of Sane/Coman on the bench.

Feel like it could've been avoided, he was overplayed as it is by Liverpool over the last 3 seasons and then had a deep Afcon run too. No real need for him to be starting every game in the Bundesliga.
They did not. Müller was out nearly all time since the last international break (no real injury but different issues after Covid. They then decided - he, the doctors, Nagelsmann and probably Flick - to take him out for a week and build up form new for the WC, lately that they do not interrupt that by the last 2 matches - Sane was out and just came back and Coman was out with muscle problems, too.

NoPace

Bayern stated today that he will be fine for the WC.
Good to hear, because I'm fairly sure Herdman would (correctly) bring him even if there was only a 10% chance he could play 20 minutes off the bench in the R of 16 game. The vibes of having him off the roster would be unspeakably bad.

NoPace

Shame Mane is out - reckon Senegal will struggle to make much an impact on the tournament without him.
This would make it a proper battle with Ecuador's back line and FIFA corruption for 2nd in the group. Also massive for England if they and the Dutch top their groups.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That’s quite a surprise. Although not quite yet fully established in starting 11 for Real Madrid, he has already managed 18 appearances for them this season (7 starts 11 subs).

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good to hear, because I'm fairly sure Herdman would (correctly) bring him even if there was only a 10% chance he could play 20 minutes off the bench in the R of 16 game. The vibes of having him off the roster would be unspeakably bad.
Davies gave an interview yesterday(?) and said that he still has a bit of pain but will 100% play at the WC.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
That’s quite a surprise. Although not quite yet fully established in starting 11 for Real Madrid, he has already managed 18 appearances for them this season (7 starts 11 subs).
I just have trouble wrapping my head around being so stacked you would NOT take Camavinga…

We had a radio host in Jacksonville who doesn’t like Euro football particularly one way or the other and knows nothing about it, but it was his job to ask questions of his guest. He asked “so, I’ve heard the name Pulisic before… is he the best player in US history?”

Guest: “He could be one day, certainly one of the most talented. But his form will be a concern”

Radio host (confused): what does that mean? He’s injured?

Guest: No, form is more about playing time and getting your level of play up to speed. Pulisic very rarely starts for his team Chelsea.

Radio (truly flabbergasted): WHAT?! Are you seriously bleeping telling me potentially our best player ever isn’t good enough to PLAY on his team??? Are they the best team in the world or something?

Guest: errrr No. I mean they are generally considered a quality team…

Radio host: Holy bleeping isht … why would I watch this thing again?

I gut laughed for like 5 solid minutes. The sad, pathetic travails of trying to raise the focus on footie in the states ….

And France is like “Camavinga? If we need a 5th sub we will let you know”. Wow.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Davies is back in training at Bayern. He is good to go for Canada.

Ramos

Presnel Kimpembe is out for France. Replaced by Disasi.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Camavinga is part of the world cup squad, not sure why it's reported otherwise, but it's Julien Laurens so then again, not that surprised.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he touched him to be fair, you can see Nkunku slipped and his ankle turned when hitting Camavinga's foot.

Idxomer

Terrible for Mane after what he achieved this year with Senegal, really wanted to see him at this World Cup.