Players missing the 2022 WC (Injury watch)

RPT_Reddevil

Apparently, Argentina have also confirmed that Nico Gonzalez and Joaquin Correa will miss the World Cup due to injuries. Angel Correa and Thiago Almada have been names as their replacements.

Ramos

José Gayà is out for Spain. Alejandro Balde replaces him.

Canagel

Benzema pulled up in training according to RMC. World Cup non participation not ruled out.

the_cliff

If true major blow for France.

Benzema has struggled this season with injuries.

Zoo

Please don’t call Martial

Chief123

There’s going to be so many more injuries during the World Cup too. It really is looking like a disaster of a season with the scheduling.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
There’s going to be so many more injuries during the World Cup too. It really is looking like a disaster of a season with the scheduling.
It’s been really looking like a disaster for many years. Not just now

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Please don’t call Martial
I hope they do. It would be great for him and a few games to get his fitness better for us

When is the cut off for calling up players?

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I hope they do. It would be great for him and a few games to get his fitness better for us

When is the cut off for calling up players?
24 hours before each team's first match.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gutted. Really wanted him to have a great World Cup

massi83

Why would there be? Stats don't show that. Why do you think Benzema's injury has anything do with scheduling, he hasn't played much and first got injured 5 games into season, when matches were played once a week.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sitting on the edge of the balcony right now, contemplating ending it all....This is gutting, really wanted to see Benzema and Mbappe have a chance to break the world champion curse and go far in the competition. I still have faith we will go far in the competition, but this was Karim's last chance at the world cup, I'm just really sad for him.

kaku06

So gutted for Benzema and many other players missing due to injuries. Hate this fecking shitshow of a World Cup. I am dreading how many of our players would come back injured.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Benzema and French NT was just not meant to be. He must be devastated.

Lee565

Again who are the real winners of this world cup in Qatar, it isn't fans or players, just big companies, fifa and qatar

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The football gods really don't want France to defend their title do they?

Wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Mbappe and Griezmann get injured now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feel for Benzema. Misses his big chance at the WC stage
Again who are the real winners of this world cup in Qatar, it isn't fans or players, just big companies, fifa and qatar
Whoever wins the tournament

Last edited:

Blackwidow

Injuries happen in the clubs, too.

And amidst the players there will be winners and losers, not just because their team's but their own situation. For a lot players it might even be a good opportunity for good transfers especially for players from the smaller countries or that aren't already playing in Europe!

MrEleson

Nkunku allegedly out for the rest of the season with ligament damage.

Canagel

This doesnt actually weaken the French starting 11. On a personal level it will be disappointing but Benzema has never been the same player for the NT as he is with Madrid.

It hurts the depth of an already weakened squad of course but the Giroud-Mbappe combo is already proven and tested and they combine much better. With the alresdy depleted squad they needed every player though.

RPT_Reddevil

Big Blow from France. Injuries have literally derailed their campaign even before it has started.

Wonder if it will good or bad for us, if Martial is called up. As he has been injury prone himself lately but a good World Cup campaign could do wonders for a confidence player like him.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Big Blow from France. Injuries have literally derailed their campaign even before it has started.

Wonder if it will good or bad for us, if Martial is called up. As he has been injury prone himself lately but a good World Cup campaign could do wonders for a confidence player like him.
At this stage, I'd be more than surprised to see him called up, just because he's injury prone. And even if he was called up, it would be to be the 3rd or 4th option behind Giroud / Mbappe and possibly Kolo-Muani or Thuram.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So Varane is fit enough? The biggest miss is Pogba, their main playmaker. I always think he's France best player.

France were doing fine without Benzema.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So Varane is fit enough? The biggest miss is Pogba, their main playmaker. I always think he's France best player.

France were doing fine without Benzema.
Just waiting until Varane picks up a season ending injury in the group stages.