Players missing the 2022 WC (Injury watch)

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The whole narrative now becomes how hard can Mbappe carry Deschamps' mediocre tactics and a squad that on paper is nowhere near being the best in the tournament.

Well if we crash out early I feel I won't be so disappointed due to all the injuries and drama + honestly as a football fan I think that players such as Pavard and Giroud being able to say they've won 2 WCs as starters just feels ... wrong

the_cliff

The whole narrative now becomes how hard can Mbappe carry Deschamps' mediocre tactics and a squad that on paper is nowhere near being the best in the tournament.

Well if we crash out early I feel I won't be so disappointed due to all the injuries and drama + honestly as a football fan I think that players such as Pavard and Giroud being able to say they've won 2 WCs as starters just feels ... wrong
Is it true Zidane will be the manager after the world cup ?

the_cliff

I've seen people all over blaming Camavinga. Come on, he won the ball cleanly, that was in no way a bad tackle. Nowhere near a tackle bad enough to cause ligament damage that will make Nkunku miss the whole season.

If you look closely it was Nkunku losing balance with his left leg initially and it seems his leg got stuck in the pitch, nothing to do with Camavinga.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I never understand why players have to play with full intensity while training.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I've heard it said a few times that more injuries result from players being half-arsed and tentative. No idea if that's true though.
Think we should have evolved protocols to play at a level which is competitive without causing self harm.

some coach want to see great attitude in them in order to be selected.

If coach see players train like "slacker" they might not get selected.
I'm guessing thats maybe it. Though ideally the coach already has his first 11 in mind with the training just for getting the players used to their roles.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not sure if you are joking..
I wasn't, it was reported in the initial injury news that he was the person they're calling up, but now it's been confirmed they're not going to call up anybody for a replacement. Probably better off.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I've seen people all over blaming Camavinga. Come on, he won the ball cleanly, that was in no way a bad tackle. Nowhere near a tackle bad enough to cause ligament damage that will make Nkunku miss the whole season.

If you look closely it was Nkunku losing balance with his left leg initially and it seems his leg got stuck in the pitch, nothing to do with Camavinga.
Agreed, the damage Nkunku sustained seemed to have little to do with what Camavinga did, and it's been reported it was a loss of balance and slipping that caused it. It's hard to tell without slowing down the footage, but it looks like the tackle hit the leg that didn't sustain the ligament damage.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why isn't Deschamps calling up a replacement for Benzema? Surely it couldn't hurt to have one more option to choose from?

mav_9me

I've heard it said a few times that more injuries result from players being half-arsed and tentative. No idea if that's true though.
Intuitively it makes sense. But it's probably not something scientific

RonaldoVII

Why isn't Deschamps calling up a replacement for Benzema? Surely it couldn't hurt to have one more option to choose from?
Benzema might as well have stayed in the squad given they aren't doing. If he could even make the bench for the final then should've done if nobody is replacing him.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
feel I won't be so disappointed due to all the injuries and drama + honestly as a football fan I think that players such as Pavard and Giroud being able to say they've won 2 WCs as starters just feels ... wrong
Nothing wrong with, both very good players and very useful for France NT.

France already won a WC in 1998 with Dugarry, which is 2 tiers below Giroud as a player, not only as a forward, he really was comically bad and could make Darwin Nuñez look like prime Luis Suarez.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Nothing wrong with, both very good players and very useful for France NT.

France already won a WC in 1998 with Dugarry, which is 2 tiers below Giroud as a player, not only as a forward, he really was comically bad and could make Darwin Nuñez look like prime Luis Suarez.
I never said they weren't good players.
Winning two WCs is a legendary achievement though and most of those who have managed it are far more than simply "good" players.
Pavard and Giroud having as many world cup titles as Cafu and Garrincha definitely doesn't sound "right" to me ...
Especially considering I'm positive that if we manage to pull it off it'll be off Mbappe breaking his back carrying us to the finish line rather than some super impressive cohesive team play

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lucas Hernandez injured after 15 minutes of world cup - this is going swimmingly for Bayern!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Terrible to see, but as soon as he went down I knew it was his ligament. The guy just hasn't caught a break with injuries and it's a shame his journey ends so quickly. It also leaves France bare bones with left-footed players on the defensive side.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mané, Hernandez and now Mazraoui down. Great WC for Bayern.

Edit: Mané was obviously injured before the WC.