Players named after famous footballers

Ramos

I'm talking about players who's given name is the surname or football name of another player. So no nicknames (example: Egyptian Trezeguet) or players named George in honour of George Best.

Most famous one for me: Neeskens Kebano. Congolese-French midfielder playing for Fulham born in 1992, obviously named after the 1970's star Johan Neeskens. His father was a great admirer of the Dutchman.

Rivaldo Coetzee. South African international born in late 1996. Rivaldo was playing for Deportivo back then but had already been an international for 3 years. Coetzee has explained his dad was a huge fan of Brazilian football and Rivaldo was his favourite player, so that makes sense.

Another one: Romario Benzar. Romanian international, recently transferred to Serie A team Lecce. Born in 1992.

Any more?

lysglimt

Scout
Zidane Iqbal from our U16s :)

But my favourite is Reading FC (not exactly named after but still) who currently have Rafael in goal, Pele in midfield and Puscas up front - how can that not end with promotion :)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Xavi Simons named after, well, Xavi.

Most lower class (white trash) people in The Netherlands name their children, Romario, Ronaldo, Diego, Marco etc. If you're name ends with an O in The Netherlands, you're probably a chav cnut.