Player's that have rejected Spurs's new stadium - Mr Levy's Bottled it :)

Classical Mechanic

1. Dybala open to joining Spurs and their great new stadium, he'll drop his demands they said.........

2. Coutinho, disappointed in the offer, was hoping to join a club with a strong cheese culture - so the rumours go

It wasn't meant to be this way..

Last edited:

macheda14

While this thread is going to be locked and it’s a title that seems to want to start an argument with Spurs fans. What it does show is people complaining that we have failed as a club because two players rejected us are being too reactionary.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
...for a spectacular backfire.
The only thing that spectacularly backfired was the decision to do away with the cheese factory, the consequences of which will be felt long into the future.

Dybala, Coutinho, Le Celso and Messi are just the beginning.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Maybe we should not have a thread like this after we've just been rejected by Tottenhams Christian Eriksen?

redshaw

Perhaps you can add Eriksen to the list if he goes. Reports saying he wants to leave Spurs and move from the world class cosmopolitan city of London would you believe. He's seen the new world's best sports stadium, self filling pints, cheese room and has rejected it so far.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are we really in a position to be laughing at anyone else...
Course we are, when we get a new cheese room the Messis and Ronaldos of the world will be lining up to join us :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Course we are, when we get a new cheese room the Messis and Ronaldos of the world will be lining up to join us :drool:
Cheese room? We need a smoothy garden!

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I love the obsession with Spurs around here.

The fact "the dirtiest team" in football thread has gone dormant is a travesty.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Coutinho doesnt want a loan anywhere - Dybala we dont know yet what will happen (though virtually impossible I would have thought).

If this thread makes Utd fans feel better about the absolute shambles of their own transfer window then fair enough.

Snafu17

Yes, this thread is clearly a reaction to United's window and not at all to one specific Spurs fan on this forum who, for all intents and purposes, wants to feck the new White Hart Lane.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And sadly, 99% of it is due to 1 individual :lol:
It's honestly amazing that he may be the most "influential" poster on this entire forum.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Coutinho doesnt want a loan anywhere - Dybala we dont know yet what will happen (though virtually impossible I would have thought).

If this thread makes Utd fans feel better about the absolute shambles of their own transfer window then fair enough.
That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? I get the thread is a bit of a pisstake but our window has been far from an absolute shambles.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That's a bit of a strecth, isn't it? I get the thread is a bit of a pisstake but our window has been far from an absolute shambles.
You don't think so? You are about to sell your only guaranteed regular goal scorer - you have not bolstered your midfield which is badly short of quality. Maguire, AWB look like they will do well - the winger kid might be good - but if I was a Utd fan I would not be feeling confident.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I wouldn't go that far. Two classy young talents and one of the best CB's in the PL is hardly shambolic.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wouldn't go that far. Two classy young talents and one of the best CB's in the PL is hardly shambolic.
Ok perhaps shambolic is a bit strong, but there are obvious weaknesses in your squad and I'd be very concerned about selling Lukaku without a 20-25 goal scorer to replace him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Is it me or is this thread very small time? Sounds almost like an inferiority complex.

Spurs have been managing their club, and recruiting very well for a while. Much to admire. It's a shame they have the world's worst fan, in Glaston, but no one is perfect.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ok perhaps shambolic is a bit strong, but there are obvious weaknesses in your squad and I'd be very concerned about selling Lukaku without a 20-25 goal scorer to replace him.
Lukaku is not a 25 goals a season striker though, not in Ole's system anyhow.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You don't think so? You are about to sell your only guaranteed regular goal scorer - you have not bolstered your midfield which is badly short of quality. Maguire, AWB look like they will do well - the winger kid might be good - but if I was a Utd fan I would not be feeling confident.
Yeah, we've had about 4-6 priority positions we needed filling (depending on who you ask) but we've filled 2 of them with some quality - so say 50% have been addressed. I don't think anyone will disagree with you i.t.o. us needing more - but in today's market, do you think we could have signed the quality we wanted in all positions in 1 transfer window?

Hopefully we can add a goalscorer to replace Lukaku, but truth be told, I'm expecting his goals to be spread out amongst others. (he is no big loss - not to me, anyway). But midfield is a concern. So I'd give it a 6/10 window - decent (if you consider money spent on the quality we got) but a shambles would have been if we went into the season without Maguire.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I get that this is tongue-in-cheek, but to be honest, the list of players turning down 'the biggest club in the world' these days is becoming far more of an embarrassment.