Players we could sign right now

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
And yet he is better than all our wing and attacking midfielder options, the guy had more assists last season than our wingers and attacking midfielders put together. I doubt he would cost 20 million either considering that eddie howe has been putting him on the bench him for not singing a new contract and Bournemouth aren't fighting for anything like relegation or top 4 so I highly doubt the club are thinking they would rather hold onto him for the whole season and lose him for free.

I dont get snobbishness our fans have towards players if they ain't big names or got a load of hype around like sancho, maddison etc.., we've seen liverpool recruit the likes of shaqiri, wijnaldum and milner on the cheap to their benefit, same for PSG this summer with gueye. Our club and majority of fans far too often turn their noses up these type of unfashionable players.
It has nothing to do with snobbishness and more so knowing a) there isn't an endless pile of cash b) you can't buy players for the sake of. 6 months of Fraser is unlikely to make a 20m difference.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
If Maddison was to angle for the move and the money we offer be high, then they may accept through gritted teeth. Maddison seems like a very motivated guy, and his heroes were Beckham and Ronaldo (im sure I read?) so a move to reinvigorate United would appeal to him i'm sure. If we offered around £75m\80m they would have to consider it. I know it's alot of money but that's the state we are in now.
Maddison makes no bones about being ambitious and would almost certainly love to be starter for Man Utd. The problem would be that Leicester are hoping to be in contention for top 4/6 and losing Maddison in the January window could lose them a spot in Europe and as well as upsetting their crowd base by selling top players. He is the top dog at Leicester & appears to be very popular with his team mates so he may want to see season out for his personal reputation.The money for Maddison would have to be stupid for him to leave in January and I don't see it happening. I do expect him to leave in the Summer & I think it will to Manchester United. I do worry that we are turning into your Southampton.

CR1

Håland
McGinn
DLP (undecided who)

Those three signings would completely transform this team and give us a real push for Champions League football. I'm telling you.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Because I doubt PSG or Juve offered him lower wages than what he earns right now to lure him away from Barcelona, and 10M are nothing in the current market, he shouldn't be cheaper than Muriel, Luuk De Jong or Zaza.

The fact that you (rightly so) don't want to repeat the Matic deal with Rakitic doesn't mean his value is lower because you got burnt in a similar operation 2 years ago.

Leaving aside his fee, you don't lure away a player from a top team fighting for a treble, to a team that will fight to enter European competitions by lowering his wages.

Maybe if you're Everton or Leicester, but everyone knows United has as much money as Barcelona, independently of how much he'll play or where you end up at the end of the season, there's no reason for someone like Rakitic to accept lower wages in a worse team, he can either stay at the club and end up playing ~2000 minutes this season earning more than in Manchester, or leave to a better team than United while keeping his wage at Barcelona.

He's on ~160k por week without bonus, you're talking about 130k and god knows he won't get a bonus for winning the UCL or the EPL, would you take a 20% cut in your wages to work for a worse company?.

And it's not about his future playing time either, United have enough money to sign a better player than Rakitic this June, so he could end up earning less, living in a foreign country and riding the bench again in half a year.

There was yesterday a video by Tifo that said United's mean salary was 160k, you think Rakitic is worse than an actual average United squad player?.
I don't know about that but I checked it and it shown as 150k p/w (im using pounds) means already included as bonus. Would I take a 20% cut? Yes I would. Im actually thinking to take cut now to downgrade to tier 2 company due to poor treatment at current work.

What's your value then? Something closed to 10m is fair fees for a 31/32 yo player with only 1 year and half left in his contract. No club will be willing to even offer more than 15m, good luck trying to rip other club's money. They might just wait until 2021 summer window when he's free.

Would you take the 10m or hold him another season, pay another full year of his 150k/160k wages & letting him go for free? If Barcelona is happy holding 150k/160k for bench warmer then they can keep him another year.

United's wages structure is shambolic and that's why I went to the wages that similar to his current wages. If he wants much more then he can feck off to PSG, Juve or even China.

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Maddison makes no bones about being ambitious and would almost certainly love to be starter for Man Utd. The problem would be that Leicester are hoping to be in contention for top 4/6 and losing Maddison in the January window could lose them a spot in Europe and as well as upsetting their crowd base by selling top players. He is the top dog at Leicester & appears to be very popular with his team mates so he may want to see season out for his personal reputation.The money for Maddison would have to be stupid for him to leave in January and I don't see it happening. I do expect him to leave in the Summer & I think it will to Manchester United. I do worry that we are turning into your Southampton.
Don't be worrying about that and just go out and identify a great right winger for yourselves :lol: PLEASE!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Haaland is prolific in the Austrian league; a different kind of striker to what we have. The others aren't.

Player ------------ Season -- Games -- Mins -- Goals -- Assists -- Contract
Takumi Minamino --- 2018/18 --- 27 --- 1744 ---- 6 ------ 6 -------- 2021 --- Attacking midfield, Striker.
Hee-chan Hwang ---- 2018/18 --- 20 --- 1310 ---- 2 ------ 2 -------- 2021 --- Centre forward.
Erling Haaland ---- 2019/20 ---- 8 ---- 599 ---- 11 ----- 5 -------- 2023 --- Centre forward.
Hwang already has 5 goals and 6 assists in 8 domestic matches this year and Minamino already has 3 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches...

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Maddison was to angle for the move and the money we offer be high, then they may accept through gritted teeth. Maddison seems like a very motivated guy, and his heroes were Beckham and Ronaldo (im sure I read?) so a move to reinvigorate United would appeal to him i'm sure. If we offered around £75m\80m they would have to consider it. I know it's alot of money but that's the state we are in now.
Hwang already has 5 goals and 6 assists in 8 domestic matches this year and Minamino already has 3 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches...
I am very impressed with Hwang from a few games I saw him play. He seems has the quality to play in EPL. Minamino however to me looks too light weight and may not be able to handle the EPL game in a weekly basis.

Bwuk

Rumours that Thomas Muller wants to leave Bayern.

Take him in a heart beat.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s going to be Eric Dier isn’t it :nervous:
Yeah, probably someone as uninspiring as that, a player that is available because no one else particularly wants him..:rolleyes:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Olmo and Muller in Jan would work for me. If we sell Matic, someone like Sangare.

Mark Pawelek

MEN list 6 players available in January, in positions United need to strengthen, because their contracts end next June. Eriksen is not available; he wants to go to Real. Some of the others are sure to be. Total Transfermarkt estimated fees for the other 5 are £101m. Actual fee paid with only 5 months to go should be at least half that. £50m for 5 players?

Although Ryan Fraser is listed as LW, 3 of his starts this season were as RW.

Last edited:

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've seen some debates which implied that Arsenal seem to be ostracizing Özil. He's on massive money but maybe loaning him for the rest of the season could be an option. We're crying out for a no.10 and he fits the bill, if it's only a loan and Solskjaer is still here.

ROFLUTION

Cantwell seems a great talent. Neat little player (21) who currently sits among the top of the tables for xG and xA. If he continues til winter then why not sign him?

Him and Fraser for the winter - maybe Zlatan as a stop-gap until we find a proper long-term attacker in the summer

Mark Pawelek

There's a young Mexican midfielder we're supposedly competing for. Sebastian Cordova, age 22. Plays midfield, including attacking midfield.

Mark Pawelek

Sure, i have also heard some stories. Still, only a loan and Ozil would get playing time so he could position himself in the market. Much better for him then sitting on the bench. Both parties could actually profit from the move, IMO.
Except United only want leaders and warriors. To set a good example to the youth prospects like Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Williams, Chong, Kovar, Laird, Levitt, Ramazani, Elanga, ... All of them.

The United Way is about having pride in the club, one's football, and playing for the team. Every player here needs to understand the importance of this. Don't need anyone who neglects to set a good example.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd bring in Mueller, Bale as panic options. I genuinely would because this is legit panic mode.

Thing is I bet neither want to come on, let alone on a short contract.

MrBest

Bale on loan, Eriksson for 25m OR bruno Fernandez for 70m, Ndidi for 70m and Manduzkic for 15m. 4 players in Jan needed, would take our net for the season to 200m plus which we needed to donin the sunmer. Creative mid, defensive mid, right winger and a striker. It is unfortunate that Ben Yedder has gone.

meninred

Maybe sign on loan or free transfer. We need mostly experienced players even if they are old, so long as they are fit. Then Ole can plan ahead for players in summer. However with the negativity surrounding Ole esp from media and some fans - a heavy defeat against Liverpool can change things in new direction. But with our players back from injury and Liverpool being not that great at Old Trafford - We have a chance.

ravi2

Bale on loan, Eriksson for 25m OR bruno Fernandez for 70m, Ndidi for 70m and Manduzkic for 15m. 4 players in Jan needed, would take our net for the season to 200m plus which we needed to donin the sunmer. Creative mid, defensive mid, right winger and a striker. It is unfortunate that Ben Yedder has gone.
Eriksen is not going to join us, the rest we have a shot at if we want to pay the money.

memli

Supports
Chelsea Fc
I hate to admit it, but The Sun might have a half-decent idea here. Giuseppe Rossi is a free agent and therefore closed windows mean nothing. I realise he's not "the answer" long-term but he does have a knack of scoring goals and is as close to a "goal predator" as you can get for nothing. It sounds depserate, but I think desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thoughts?
The player that Man United need to connect midfield with strikers is definetely Bruno Fernandes,the guy is crazy.Here are best stats of him last season. Imagine having him and Martial in same team.
Bruno Fernandes.
https://al.ly/XKnXa8

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
are supporters really calling - as the Sun claims - calling for the return of Memphis Depay? Why not go for Bebe and Taibi while we're about it...

Mark Pawelek

Giorgian de Arrascaeta. 25, Born: 1-Jun-1994. Plays attacking midfield for Flamengo (Brazil; who have him on a fairly long contract, till end of 2023.) and Uruguayan national team. Also has an Italian passport. Currently averaging 1.4 goals or assists each match (10 goals, 8 assists in 14 matches over 1158 minutes). He would be a massive upgrade on Mata. Wouldn't cost the earth. £20 - 30m? The Brazilian season ends in December.

Mark Pawelek

There are rumours about Ole going for Mathias Normann, 23 year old, a box-to-box, from Rostov for about £20m. Could be a bargain.
I'm not sure. Looks like he's still developing. United need players who can walk into the team and make a position their own.

AFC NimbleThumb

are supporters really calling - as the Sun claims - calling for the return of Memphis Depay? Why not go for Bebe and Taibi while we're about it...
Maybe because when they left they didn’t go on to become the talisman for their countries & outplay the league they went to.

Depay may or may not be the answer but the absence lute ridiculous way people go about ignoring his rather obvious improvements since leaving are beyond infantile.

We apparently have a reasonable buy back, I remember Jose’s ‘we control his future’ comment & aren’t in the habit of spending wildly - we could do worse than Depay, infact we currently are & some.

Mark Pawelek

Bruno Guimarães. Contract till: 01-Feb-2023 Age: 21. Defensive Midfield. But a very attacking variant. I'd call him box-to-box. Plays for Paranaense in Brazil. Has an Spanish passport. Likes the ball (averages 67 passes per game, with 90% pass success). Chelsea rumoured to be after him for £36m quoted price. December is the end of the Brazilian football season. Replaces Matic/Fred and any other, so-called, defensive midfielder here (sell those two after buying this guy)

Steamboat Willy

I would go for

CF:
Timo Werner - great goalscorer, fast and could also play the counter attacking style of play. Relatively Young and cheap buy out Clause.

Or

Krystof Piatek - also proven goalscorer, Not to expensive, could be lured away from a miserable Milan team.

Or

Erling Håland - If possible, sign him.

with one striker in

Then for CM:

James Maddison - Expensive but pure class.

Blaise Matuidi - Just to get some fecking cheap reinforcement to pur midfield.

For RW:

Gareth Bale on loan - since we have no RW, and he could do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee565

Kurzawa only has 6 months on his contract, would solve our left back position either on the cheap or for free, though I'm sure many big clubs will be chasing his signature to join for free in the summer.

Same goes for meunier, I know we have Bissaka but meunier is a far better on the ball and would give us a good option for trying different systems that would rely on fullbacks for creativity out wide like 3 at the back or a diamond midfield.

Mark Pawelek

There's a stack of South American players we can sign in January. Their season ends in December. Most Argentine and Brazilian players have contracts ending on the 31st of December. Many players are contracted with shorter contracts than European clubs give and contracts frequently run down. So a lot of contracts end this coming December. The very best players are obviously on longer contracts and must be bought. Average prices are considerably lower than the top European leagues. Even top prices don't go above £20m within South America itself. The majority of transfer fees paid are often closer to English Championship and League 1 fees. Lack of money doesn't stop us replacing the deadwood here. It's lack of will. I'd say at least half the players in the squads of SuperLiga and Brasileirão Serie A are better than our deadwood. It's hard to get work visas - but at least 35 players in the Brazilian and Argentine top leagues already have EU passports; so work visas will be no problem for any of them we get. However, some of them are on loan from European clubs. A small number of players match perfect for us scenarios: EU passport, registration owned by the club they currently play for. Young, far better than our deadwood.

Players in Brazil and Argentine, with EU passports, who are better than our deadwood. Name/Position/Age/Club. Green = those you'd be stupid not to sign; who would walk into our team in their favoured position.

Abner Felipe ------------ LB --- 23 -- Paranaense
Bruno Guimarães --------- DMC -- 21 -- Paranaense
Gastón Silva ------------ LB --- 25 -- Independiente
Gianluca Ferrari -------- CB --- 22 -- San Lorenzo
Giorgian de Arrascaeta -- AM --- 25 -- Cruzeiro
Gustavo Campanharo ------ DMC -- 27 -- Chapecoense AF
Juan Cavallaro ---------- AM --- 25 -- Union
Juan Komar -------------- CB --- 23 -- Talleres
Luis Abram -------------- CB --- 23 -- Vélez Sarsfield
Léo Cittadini ----------- M ---- 25 -- Paranaense
Pablo Marí -------------- CB --- 26 -- Flamengo
Ricardo Graça ----------- CB --- 22 -- Vasco da Gama
Rodrigo Caio ------------ CB --- 26 -- Flamengo

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

Giorgian de Arrascaeta. 25, Born: 1-Jun-1994. Plays attacking midfield for Flamengo (Brazil; who have him on a fairly long contract, till end of 2023.) and Uruguayan national team. Also has an Italian passport. Currently averaging 1.4 goals or assists each match (10 goals, 8 assists in 14 matches over 1158 minutes). He would be a massive upgrade on Mata. Wouldn't cost the earth. £20 - 30m? The Brazilian season ends in December.
We need players with the ability to create in the final third, not just counter attacking pace merchants. Good suggestion. Is he half british by chance?

Lee565

With top 4 probably out of reach if Solskjear gets the sack in the next month or so, should we be putting more emphasis on signing players that will also be eligible for the Europa league as the only real hope we look to have this season to qualify for the champions league is if we get in a new manager of high quality and win the Europa league.