Players we need to ship out

BlackBen

When a team underperforms... finger pointing ensues and we end up getting rid of lots of good players.
Zaha sold for £9m (we need to swallow our pride and get him back).
Blind for £13... he was better than Lindeleof
Smalling better than lindeloef
Depay could do a job
Fellaini was a good squad player.
Now this unreasonable hate on Lingard a good squad player who would have subbed in against Liverpool.... might have earned us the 3 points.
Rubbish. Lingard hasn’t done anything of note in the whole of 2019, 0 goals and 1 assist( in a cup match), how does he all of a sudden become a match winner against Liverpool?

You’re claiming people have unreasonable hatred for him but your post screams of delusion.

IrishMcD

No of course not, but doing everything in two windows is a wildly unrealistic prospect, what's important is making the right signings like we did this summer rather than a rush job. The rebuild is going to take 3 years minimum.
It shouldn’t though, look at what City did when Pep came in first, look what Atletico Madrid did this summer. Buying more than 3 players is possible if you have a competent transfer plan in place with people who can get the job done

Relfy

First off I think we need more players to come in before we start throwing people out too hastily. My list however would look similar to the below.

Lingard - Not up to standard
Mata - Time to move on
Matic - Legs gone and won't get as much game time as he would want
Fred - Jury still out on him. Performances must improve
Bailly - Too many injuries
Jones - Far too many injuries
TFM - Doesn't look to have a future

Now we can't afford to lose that many players in one go, so we need to phase a few out, but to be sure to buy adequate replacements first and foremost.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It shouldn’t though, look at what City did when Pep came in first, look what Atletico Madrid did this summer. Buying more than 3 players is possible if you have a competent transfer plan in place with people who can get the job done
I agree. It's not like we don't want to upset the apple cart. If anything we do.

SparkedIntoLife

Again, it's contingent on who we bring in but here's who I'd like to depart in the Summer -

Eric Bailly: While he still has slight value. His potential has stalled far too much; way too erratic and injury prone without the home grown status that Phil Jones offers (thus making me want to keep him as fourth choice CD).

Paul Pogba: Yes, I know he's our most talented player but he isn't consistently producing, his heart is elsewhere and I hope we sell him in the Summer because the year after, his contract will be up I believe (or within a year).

Juan Mata: Lovely bloke but can't do it at the top level anymore and earns too much to be a luxury squad member.

Marcos Rojo: Has the occasional good game but overall is rash and error prone.

Fred: He might get better but he won't be great for us. He might still have some value from his Shakhtar days so get rid.

Nemanja Matic: Far too slow and immobile these days. Good technically but is nullified in the Premier League these days.

Alexis Sanchez: Done at the top level. Wages astronomical.

Chris Smalling: I still like him a lot but we don't need him and I'd like to see Tuanzebe keep progressing.

Of those lower profile, time's up for CBJ, Mitchell, O'Hara, Hamilton and probably a few others.

Craig Ward

Ole's task is huge, Still trying to trim the squad down from players from Fergie's days.

Players who absolutely have to leave as they will not feature long term:
Smalling
Jones
Sanchez
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Young

Players who have contracts running down/not required
Matic
Grant
Mata
TFM

Players who can do a job now but could be easily replaced:
Shaw
Fred
Periera
Lindelöf
Martial

If all were to leave, it wouldn't leave us with any players of course so what comes in is equally as important.

Its a phased transition - takes time, dedication and patience which none of us have as fans

In January, I cant see many out-goings, if any.

For next summer, I hope it isn't a big Pogba drama but it probably will be as he is a media circus.

Next summer i'd look to move on:
Sanchez
Smalling
Young
Pogba
TFM
Matic
Jones

We will probably sign Bailly down to an extension so still have good cover at CB.

Incomings would then need to heavily focus on midfield and I believe a Maddison signing transforms us. I don't think the loss of Pogba will be huge, he's a poster boy but rarely shows the kind of form consistently that will make his going to Madrid a tragedy.

Summer after it'll depend on form/who we bring in.

For example, if we sign heavily in midfield and Fred is still not producing, he's surplus. Likewise if we bring in a top notch LB, then Shaw's future is also limited. Martial too.

I've always said that with Ole, he needs time. The more players he gets out the better. The quicker the better too. With each outgoing and incoming, he has a squad that believes in him, which means better atmosphere, better commitment, better performances

Roboc7

Matic, Mata and Sanchez top the list all are completely finished at this level and should be gone ASAP.

Two of Jones, Rojo, Bailly and Smalling need to go in the summer. There are more but 5 is about limit I can see going and that’s being optimistic.

Amerifan

Let’s get rid of the manager for not developing the players, and the players for not being able to be developed. Brilliant.

manunited1919

My toplist of players to sell:

De Gea
Rashford
Pogba
Fred
Lingard
Lindelof
Shaw
Interesting list, I agree with you with all except for Pogba, but Pogba will leave anyway whether we want to or not. Also, while I do agree on De Gea, he just signed a new contract and we can’t sell him for that reason. In an ideal world, we should sell De Gea, but keep Edurne.

::sonny::

Interesting list, I agree with you with all except for Pogba, but Pogba will leave anyway whether we want to or not. Also, while I do agree on De Gea, he just signed a new contract and we can’t sell him for that reason. In an ideal world, we should sell De Gea, but keep Edurne.
i have afraid of De Gea, every shot outside the box is a potential goal

Rauður Djöfull

Still so much deadwood, unbelievable considering we already got rid of fellaini, valencia, darmian, sanchez, smalling and of course luaku and herrera

Some say it can't be done in one window, maybe, maybe not. Look at Atletico Madrid last summer.

But outs:
Rojo
Jones
Young
Matic
Fred
Lingard
Bailly

Jury still out on Shaw (injury prone, maybe he can be backup), Pogba (is his head gone already?), Pereira (looked decent against Arsenal and Liverpool but probably never more than at most squad player)

::sonny::

I would keep only

Romero
AWB
Maguire
Tuanzebe
Williams
McT
Garner
James
Chong
Gomes
Greenwood

Unsure on

Pereira
Rashford
Martial

depends by the offer

SAFMUTD

There are some players in the team that had great moments and will be forever remembered on our history but they are hurting us badly now and we will be better without them they must go. Im talking bout Ole.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Matic, Mata and Sanchez top the list all are completely finished at this level and should be gone ASAP.

Two of Jones, Rojo, Bailly and Smalling need to go in the summer. There are more but 5 is about limit I can see going and that’s being optimistic.
Agree with this. Would love Lingard to be added to the list but probably too many to replace for an already light squad.

lysglimt

Scout
Of course its possible if you sell players for £250 million as Atletico did

IrishMcD

Of course its possible if you sell players for £250 million as Atletico did
How much do you think we'd get for selling Sanchez, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Lingard, Matic, Mata, Young, Chong, Fosu-Mensah, Fred and Pereira? I know some would be available on a free but I'm sure you understand that the biggest expense with players is their wages over the term of a contract so we'd be freeing up quite a lot with some of those named above earning very high wages.

arthurka

Shaw
Jones
Matic
Rojo
Lingard
Mata

Young Out of contract
Not sure about Fred give him one more season
Pereira squad player.

Chong
Gomes on loan .

Bwuk

Not including those out on loan.

Young - he’s finished.
Rojo - I like him, but he’s rash and a liability.
Shaw - can never stay fit, his quality is debatable too. Get a first choice left back in and let Williams be the back up.
Fred - so far from the level required it’s not funny.
Matic - legs have completely gone
Lingard - offers nothing

I’d be actively looking to sell the above.

settembrini

Not including those out on loan.

Young - he’s finished.
Rojo - I like him, but he’s rash and a liability.
Shaw - can never stay fit, his quality is debatable too. Get a first choice left back in and let Williams be the back up.
Fred - so far from the level required it’s not funny.
Matic - legs have completely gone
Lingard - offers nothing

I’d be actively looking to sell the above.
Do you not have Jones and Mata because they just signed new contracts and will be impossible to shift or because you genuinely believe they merit a place in the squad?

RG 11

Out:
Jones
Rojo
Mata
Young
Lingard
Matic

Keep as backup:
Periera - can't get rid of too many so keep him for another season
Fred - same as above
Bailley - there's a half decent backup defender in there (much better than Jones and Rojo) imo

Sign 2 CMs
1 RW
1 AM
1 ST
1 backup LB or promo LB

One of AM / ST needs to be top tier. Rest can be promising players / slightly short of top class.

I don't think it's unreasonable to sign 5 players in one window. Our squad will still remain thin but hopefully more technically competent and balanced..

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Grant
Fosu Mensah - Jones - Bailly - Rojo
Matic - Fred
Pereira - Mata - Young
Lingard​

And Smalling, Alexis of course.

lsd

The Oracle
Out:
Jones
Rojo
Mata
Young
Lingard
Matic

Keep as backup:
Periera - can't get rid of too many so keep him for another season
Fred - same as above
Bailley - there's a half decent backup defender in there (much better than Jones and Rojo) imo

Sign 2 CMs
1 RW
1 AM
1 ST
1 backup LB or promo LB

One of AM / ST needs to be top tier. Rest can be promising players / slightly short of top class.

I don't think it's unreasonable to sign 5 players in one window. Our squad will still remain thin but hopefully more technically competent and balanced..

So spend about 500 million in the summer and we sorted then . Absolute madness

RG 11

So spend about 500 million in the summer and we sorted then . Absolute madness
Really?

We signed James for 15m. Bargains do exist in this market. Not every player needs to costs 100-200m :houllier:.

Look at Liverpool's or Leicester's transfer history for the last few years for a reference on good recruitment. You can get 5 players which fit the team in 200m total.

BaneIsPain

I don’t like talk about outgoing when we have not even replace our striker and midfielder bar obvious one like young, matic

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Grant
Fosu Mensah - Jones - Bailly - Rojo
Matic - Fred
Pereira - Mata - Young
Lingard​

And Smalling, Alexis of course.
You could add Shaw to that list as well. However I can live with him, Smalling, Fred and Pereira for a few more years as we can't sell all 11 + players at once, but we just have to get rid of this bunch immediately. So many useless players it's madness. Hopefully we'll do a major rebuild in the summer, with a lot of outgoings and incoming. If we could get a good few top players to come in then we can replace a lot of these guys from within.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Do you not have Jones and Mata because they just signed new contracts and will be impossible to shift or because you genuinely believe they merit a place in the squad?
Mata because of the contract.

Jones because if we got rid of him + Rojo we’d only have Maguire/Lindelof/Axel for CB and we need 4. I’d rather someone better than him but wouldn’t actively want to spend on a CB when the squad has more pressing issues.

Macedonian Red

Players who should leave the club in next 2/3 transfer windows:

Bailly
Mata
Jones
Matic
Young
Fred
Lingard
Pereira

But first, we must start buying decent players.

ST: Werner/Dembele/Mandzukic
RW: Sancho/Ziyech
AMF: Maddison/Van de Beek/Havertz
CMF: Fabien Ruiz/Saul Niguez/
DMF: Ndidi/Rice/Tonali
LB: Chillwell/Guereiro
CB: Ruben Dias/J. Gimenez/Upamecano

8 out, 7 in.

Pure dreams.

Jibbs

Sanchez and Smalling are as good as gone, add Matic, Rojo/Bailly. Pogba most probably would leave too.

leges

Players we need to get rid of:

1. Pogba: Despite being one of the best players, his heart is elsewhere.

2. Martial: He is overrated and can be sold for a good price.

3. Bailly: Too many CBs in the squad, he is also injury prone

4. Jones: Like for Bailly too many injuries and too many CBs in the squad

5. Sanchez: Old player and not anymore useful

6. Fosu-Mensah: There are already AWB and Dalot for the RB spot

Players to get in:

1. Eriksen: He would instantly lift midfield's quality

2. Bale: He is still a great player, the loan would be the best solution because of his price and salary.

3. Dier: We need someone to replace Matic

4. Dolberg: we need a real striker; he can be the right one beacuse he is young but already has experience having played also an EL final.

5. Smalling: I hope AS Roma won't buy him in June, he can be useful and would make a good pair with Maguire.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
must go: Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Matic, Mata, Sanchez
should go, but slightly lower priority or it depends on proper replacement: Shaw, Young, Dalot, Fred, Pereira, Lingard
can go if the offer is high enough: Martial, Rashford, Smalling

Eric's Seagull

Sanchez and Smalling hopefully go after their loan. Matic hopefully leave unless he gets plus one. Rojo, Jones, Mata and Young. Maybe Fred and Lingard, see how they do until the end of the season.