Players whose stints at United are totally forgotten....

Arlo

Febian Brandy. I recall seeing some footage of him playing for the reserves (I think), dribbling past players and thinking of when he would break into the first team.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Poor guy, listened to him on a podcast about the horrific abuse he got. Was actually disgraceful.
Poor Luke
Damn, now I feel bad... From henceforth, he shall be known as "Poor Ugly Fecker" to me. I'm sure he's got a nice personality, mind you.
Now, I'm no Cristiano, myself. And my personality is a bit meh too.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Most of them would be those who did so much elsewhere then had short, unsuccessful spells here. So, as others have mentioned, the likes of Valdez, Schweinsteiger, Falcao...

Also, I find players like Buttner and Darmian quite forgettable until being reminded of them.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Until I heard him mentioned yesterday, I'd completely forgotten about Matic

Mike Smalling

Matteo Darmian was such an unremarkable player for us. Didn't really play a lot, and didn't do a whole lot when he played.

Nick7

Reading the Argentinian WC squad announcement the other day and thought his name sounded familiar. Didn’t we loan him to Real Madrid even though he was a complete non entity for us?
We loaned him to the Real B squad. The following season we loaned him to Frankfurt, they liked him and we’re going to extend his loan and play him in the cup final, idiot ended up getting a tattoo a couple of days before the final and it got infected. They sacked him off back to us after that. He played against us for Copenhagen a couple of years back.

Frank Grimes

Febian Brandy. I recall seeing some footage of him playing for the reserves (I think), dribbling past players and thinking of when he would break into the first team.
Seen an interview with him on MUTV. Lovely guy but he told the most tragic story where his parents( who were separated) died on the same day in separate incidents. Or his mum died and when they went to contact his father they discovered he was dead too.

CallyRed

The Liverpool goal alone writes his name into folk law.
And his stint in goal with Spurs.
And that chip versus Arsenal.
And when Jonny goes marching down the wing the Stretford end will fecking sing
Cos we all know that Jonny's gonna score.

Fully Fledged

Yeah he was a cult hero at United. But because of my feelings about the dippers his goal against them will always stand out.

Josh 76

Tom Lawerence
(would have been in the Wales World Cup squad had he not been injured).

Arlo

Seen an interview with him on MUTV. Lovely guy but he told the most tragic story where his parents( who were separated) died on the same day in separate incidents. Or his mum died and when they went to contact his father they discovered he was dead too.
What a horrible thing to happen! Genuinely sorry for him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I genuinely can't remember anything Pique did on the field for us.

Ibi Dreams

Remembered him. I think it was LvG that played him. he never really had a stint. It was more of an acaDEMY player that came in for an injured player. Never a squad player
He did play quite a few games in that season, and at times looked decent. His career's really gone downhill

Another youth player - Josh Harrop. One game, one goal.

davidmichael

Les Sealey was a good steady keeper that often gets forgotten, bridged the gap from Jim Leighton to Peter Schmeichel well and played brilliantly in the FA Cup final replay in 1990 as well as playing the Cup Winner’s Cup final win against Barca in 1991.

Guv77

And when he nutmeg Galactico Figo

Alek M

Da manic one
Vanja Milinkovic Savic, the older brother or Sergej Milinkovic Savic

Bebe?

Will keane

pereira, who goes by Andreas now

Klebertson

what was the name of that irish fella that was going to be the next Keane

romero

colombianmancunian

Paddy McNair
Cameron Bortwith Jackson
Tyler Blacket

Remember them being starters under LVG during an injury crisis

Last edited:

The Siege

I want to say Guiseppe Rossi. I struggled to remember his name while writing this.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Varela used to look decent under Van Gaal as a modern pair of fullback.
James Wilson looks to have been completely forgotten in this thread although he scored a brace in his debut, like Rashford.

lysglimt

Scout
He was excellent. Played a few games as a dm, against Porto i think amongst others. Very good on the ball, a clever player. More Ferdinand than Vidic.
Injuries started kicking in towards the end of the 99 season and never really put a string of starts together again.
You know he did a good job when Ferguson picked him as one of the 3 most underrated players he had at United

iHicksy

I'm sorry but some of these are terrible takes. Henrik Larrsson?! Constantly mentioned as our best ever loan signing and lamented by Fergie as not being able to get him to sign. Barthez?! WC winning GK who was our first team keeper for four years? He was memorable for how batshit erratic his Gking was alone surely!

I'd say Ryan Shawcross. Zieler, Kirovski, Pugh.