Players whose stints at United are totally forgotten....

Speako

I kind of feel like Arthur Albiston never ever gets mentioned by United fans. Played for us nearly 400 times over 14 years, won three FA cups, scored a worldie in the derby and a last minute winner at Anfield.

GazTheLegend

All these players mentioned are pretty well known, surely. I've not seen anyone in this thread that I've thought "oh yeah, he actually played for us???". So I'll add: former atletico Madrid and Valladolid goalkeeper RICARDO.

Apparently he played a match for us which I have absolutely no memory of so there's that

68cob

All these players mentioned are pretty well known, surely. I've not seen anyone in this thread that I've thought "oh yeah, he actually played for us???". So I'll add: former atletico Madrid and Valladolid goalkeeper RICARDO.

Apparently he played a match for us which I have absolutely no memory of so there's that
You forgot that he'd been mentioned several times already? That's not the point of the thread :D

GazTheLegend

Never actually played a game for us though.
That's fair, but I remember Peter Beardsley in the man Utd squad and I'm sort of amazed (given how good a player he was at the time, especially in retrospect) he never got a game for us either...

Revaulx

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
How could you forget a player with such a great name? He sounded as though he should have been a particle physicist.

Looked promising as well. Went on loan to Wolves, and seemed to think he was better than he actually was. Now at Burton Albion.

Revaulx

Going back a few years...

Viv Anderson
Peter Barnes
Laurie Cunningham (very brief)
Gordon McQueen
Joe Jordan

John Gidman
Ralph Milne
Terry Gibson
Colin Gibson
Really? You obviously weren’t around at the time.

Those two were key members of the side that nearly won the league under Dave Sexton in 1979/80.

Revaulx

I started being a regular at Old Trafford at exactly the same time as Ian Ure stopped being one. He was talked about for years afterwards as United’s worst ever signing; some believed that Sir Matt had deliberately foisted him onto Wilf to ensure that he (Wilf) failed.

Revaulx

You are correct. Players like Muhren, Buchan are not forgotten by the fans who saw them.
I remember Muhren hitting a first time rocket outside the box against QPR and the commentator saying. " Hucker never had a hope".
I think the Buchan that was mentioned up-thread was George, not Martin.

Since the latter was our best player for most of a decade I very much hope people haven’t been including him.

Devil81

Paddy McNair
Cameron Bortwith Jackson
Tyler Blacket

Remember them being starters under LVG during an injury crisis
All three did well in their early games but fell away career wise.

Brandon Williams is a funny one now, I thought he looked good a few years but he's not getting a look in at all anymore.

GueRed

Been mentioned. Was mostly a gesture award for past achievements if I remember correctly
Nope Teddy Sheringham deservedly won the pfa player of the year award on merit that 2000/01 season.

He was a regular starter that season, Fergie's first choice striker ahead of Cole, Yorke and Solskjaer.

And was the clubs top scorer that season with 21 goals in 33 starts. The next best was Cole and Solskjaer both with 13 goals

68cob

Any chance that someone could just post a list of sigings from the last, say 60 years and that will cover it.

BorisManUtd

Paddy McNair
Cameron Bortwith Jackson
Tyler Blacket

Remember them being starters under LVG during an injury crisis
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Varela used to look decent under Van Gaal as a modern pair of fullback.
James Wilson looks to have been completely forgotten in this thread although he scored a brace in his debut, like Rashford.
They all did well back then if I remember correctly. Tuanzebe will probably be mentioned in similar way 10 years from now. Man played best game of his life in Paris against PSG, got to play quite regularly that season, now is nowhere near the team it seems.

68cob

Frank Worthington - a couple of "stints"
In 1984, Worthington made three guest appearances for Manchester United against the Australian national team, Nottingham Forest and Juventus on their post-season tour of Australia. He then made a further guest appearance for the club in May 1985 against an Oxford United XI for Peter Foley's testimonial.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I have one single memory of Schneiderlin. He scored against Everton

I honestly couldn't tell you another thing he did for United.

Eriku

Kind of a disgusting and ill informed joke
Uh, I’m just alluding to a chant that was universally sung at him, and which I’ve heard he used to take in good humour.

It being ill-informed is part of the point, it’s a silly jab not meant to be taken seriously.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Dion Dublin
Tevor Anderson
Frazer Campbell
Blomquist
If you're old enough to remember all of them, you should remember that Blomquist was class in 99 and an important part of the treble winning team, with Giggs having a few injuries that season.

Dublin was unlucky getting the broken leg and Campbell was a cheap punt on a young player, similar to the Bellion and James transfers.

Feck knows who Anderson is, so he fits the bill:lol: