Players with excellent strike and delivery

Chief123

Currently we do have the of course Messi, Cristiano, Neymar, KdB, Bruno, Trent, Pogba (although quite inconsistent) and so on.

David Beckham, Platini and Zico are some classic ones.

Who are the players with best strike and delivery?
I would say Ronaldo used to but not anymore. Most long shots and free kicks of his are wayward nowadays.

diarm

That lad who used to play for Lyon could absolutely spank the ball wherever he wanted it.

Juninho Pernamabuco or something like that.

Trequarista10

There's a long list of players who had a bullet, flat strike. Riise, Hasselbank, Shearer a few that spring to mind.

It seems more rare players who have that in their arsenal, plus also the curving cross or shot, or the perfectly weight long diagonal, or the dinked cross or through ball. Players like Rooney, Gerrard, Scholes, Bruno, Le Tissier spring to mind as examples who excelled in 3 or 4 different skill sets.

predator

Youth NITK
Trying to name players that haven't been mentioned.

Roberto Carlos, Lampard, Koeman, Drogba, Laurent Robert (remember him), Hitzlsperger.

Kyle Walkers got a nasty shot on him at times. I love full backs that can strike the ball well.

My type of thread. I also have a great shot. Always the most powerful of the team I played in.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Rakitic at Sevilla was pinging balls wherever he wanted.

youngrell

RVP always hit the ball with great technique. Watch his PL goals compilation, there’s hardly a mishit or scruffy goal on show.

youngrell

Bale probably deserves a mention too. Manipulates the ball so well and in a completely different way to any other player I’ve seen.

diarm

Morten Gamst Pederson always took incredible freekicks and corners at Old Trafford.

I don't know how good he was the rest of the time, but whenever he played us that left foot was like a magic bloody wand.

Wittmann45

Morten Gamst Pederson always took incredible freekicks and corners at Old Trafford.

I don't know how good he was the rest of the time, but whenever he played us that left foot was like a magic bloody wand.
Him and Bentley, playing right and left wing for Blackburn, both had great striking technique

Chief123

I have never seen RVN spreading the ball with excellent through balls or crosses nor I remember him being a prolific out of box or free kick goals.
Sorry I didn’t realise it was just players who could spread the ball. I mentioned RVN as someone who could “strike” the ball well.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Darron Gibson :nervous:
For real though, left foot, right foot, cannons, pings, he was superb. Shame he was a pisshead (or whatever it was) really or he could have become a very handy player I reckon.

Oranges038

Rui Costa
Figo
Del Piero
Totti
Mijhailovic
Nedved

And Rory Delap that long throw delivery was something else.

tomaldinho1

Hitzlsperger, M’Boma, Torsten Frings, Obafemi Martins

Nick Powell had an absolute atomic bomb on him as well, shame about the rest of his game.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Platini

To be fair most greats were pretty decent in this department