Telles
Maguire
Williams
Henderson
Elanga
DeGea
Henderson

On the fence:
VDB - at his Ajax level he would be a useful squad player. Doubtful he can get back to it.
Fred - just not good enough overall, his passing/shooting is erratic. Now is the time to get ££ for him.
McTominay - rather keep him than Fred because he is more of a goal threat. Or sell and replace him, with Amrabat for example.
Martial - could keep him since we are low on options. If we get an offer for him, move him on.

Give more time:
Sancho - can pass in tight spaces and score goals.
Fred contributed more in goals than McTominay last season. The only thing McTominay has over Fred is that he is younger. Both should be sold.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Feck off all the pashun merchants and through and through red mediocre players first. Get rid of bull crap sentiments and become a professional club for fecksakes. A thread for Lingard still active on here with some dullards suggesting a bid for him. Puke worthy.

The Urban Goose

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manutd-transfers-maguire-fred-sancho-30419972

The only one I'll miss is Scotty - just for his passion and being a red through and through. I still think there's a good player in there somewhere and had he played in the glory years could have done the same sort of job Nicky Butt did. I wonder if he shouldn't try Spain or Italy...
Maguire, Fred, Sancho, McT? What's that, £130m in sales and £850k/week in salary? That's a Harry Kane right there, plus change.

Oranges038

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manutd-transfers-maguire-fred-sancho-30419972

The only one I'll miss is Scotty - just for his passion and being a red through and through. I still think there's a good player in there somewhere and had he played in the glory years could have done the same sort of job Nicky Butt did. I wonder if he shouldn't try Spain or Italy...
If had been here during the glory years, he might have developed better with better players around him, players who wouldn't let him away with hiding from the ball and going missing in games. That's a huge part of what helped Fletcher develop into a really good player. He had Keane, Scholes and Giggs to learn from. McTominay had Fred, Lingard and Pogba.

Redstain

Maguire and Mctommimay. I'd throw Sancho on the list only if a winger was signed and a striker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He's nothing like a Nicky Butt though.

We have spent years trying to shoehorn him into a defensive role due to his height, but his main strengths are getting about and forward. Which we have many better players for.

Onerealunited

There are so many but if I have to choose only one then it would be Elanga. He is still young and homegrown. I believe we should be able to get a decent fee for him…

Maguire, I don’t believe we would be able to sell at an acceptable fee (considering his wage and contract length). Also, given the other areas we miss players in I don’t see it being an efficient way of spending resources (time and money for replacement) and a priority. Forgetting his high wage, he should be an ok 4th choice. That said, I really don’t like him…

McTominay, he should be sellable and we should be able to get a decent fee for him. However, given the critical needs in the team for the first team I wouldn’t put him in as a MUST sell right now. If the fee is high and we are able to find a decent backup for Casemiro with that fee then we should go for it but I doubt that we would or should prioritize that now when we are lacking a goal keeper and 1-2 forwards dramatically

Fred. Since we have acquired Mount I wouldn’t mind him being sold if the fee is good, if not he can stay but he is definitely not a MUST sell at all costs

wolvored

Im hoping with Maguire the supposedly £50 mill we are asking is to hopefully put his starting bid from another club up to £30 mill. If we hd have said hes available for £35/40 mill the starting bid would obviously be a lot lower. I just hope it doesnt work the other way and no club comes in for him.

TheLittleOne

McTominay isnt a Top player noone thinks that but you,certainly we at this point, cant have 22 galacticos. If we get a good fee, then yes sure sell and try upgrade. Still see him as valuable in an actual realistic team. There are plenty of guys i would be more eager to sell (market value,wages, and contribution considered)

cyril C

Fred contributed more in goals than McTominay last season. The only thing McTominay has over Fred is that he is younger. Both should be sold.
McTom is Academy, Fred is not. In terms of contribution, Fred offers more, but none can replace Casemiro, which has been the greatest drawback under ETH's scheme.

To me, Maguire must be the Top priority of exit. Sort it out.

manutddjw

Funny how Maguire is on everybody’s list, but when anyone who dared question signing him in the first place was hit with the same old nonsense of “if only he had a foreign sounding last name” tripe that gets spouted every time we overpay for an English player.

Mr Smith

Funny how Maguire is on everybody’s list, but when anyone who dared question signing him in the first place was hit with the same old nonsense of “if only he had a foreign sounding last name” tripe that gets spouted every time we overpay for an English player.
To be fair, few could have predicted things would get this bad for Maguire. At the time we signed him he had been a hero at the world cup 12 months before, and now he is basically a meme. I feel a bit sorry for him tbh.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's nothing like a Nicky Butt though.

We have spent years trying to shoehorn him into a defensive role due to his height, but his main strengths are getting about and forward. Which we have many better players for.
I think a lot of people here would point out that we haven't exactly had the greatest of managers in Scott's time at the club. As I said, I think he'd look a better player with better players around him - he already looked better last season than before

Woziak

McTom is Academy, Fred is not. In terms of contribution, Fred offers more, but none can replace Casemiro, which has been the greatest drawback under ETH's scheme.

To me, Maguire must be the Top priority of exit. Sort it out.
We currently have 11 homegrown players, assuming we sell ; D Henderson, S Mctominay, H Maguire, B Williams and A Elanga as most fans want we then have 6 HG players and are two short to comply with EPL rules we are not selling all of these players. Next years squad may well look like this ;
Goal Keepers- *A Onana, T Heaton(HG),
BU GK or M Kovar (3)

Defenders - AWB(HG), D Dalot, R Varane, H Maguire(HG), L Martinez, V Lindelof, L Shaw(HG), T Malacia (8)

Midfield - Casemeiro, *S Amrabat, S Mctominay(HG), C Ericsen,
*M Mount(HG), K Mainoo(<21),
B Fernandes (7)

Attackers - Rashford(HG), Garnaucho(U21), J Sancho(HG),
A Martial, Antony, * R Hojlund, A Diallo (7)

Squad of 25 with 8 HG /2 U21’s

This looks to be the clubs plan based on Finances and resources. The plan in priority is to sell; Fred(15m),
D Henderson(20m), B Williams(5m),
A Teles (5m), DVB (15m), E Bailey(5m)
Total of £60-65m maximum.

The club is open to offers for Maguire, Mctominay and Sancho but all of them are almost impossible due to their ridiculous high wages. Scott maybe the easiest to move if he wants the move. If he moves Hanibal will move into full squad as replaces HG talent. Can’t see this transfer happening though as I think Scott will back himself as a BTB goal scoring number 8.

The club has spent £55m on Mount, probably have £100m left to spend on Hojlund(55m) and onana(45m). What they make in player sales £50-60m will be used to buy Amrabat and a back up GK and possibly a cheap versatile striker like Gift Obertan if they decide to let Amad and Pellistri go on loan. I see Scott Mctominay and Harry Maguire still being in the Squad on September 1 2023 and ETH won’t care too much if they accept they are not part of the starting 11 and will be bench at best, Maguire probably won’t make the 9 on the bench then he’ll go in January 24.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bailly, Telles, Williams should be the first names on the list as there are basically no future for them at this club.

Henderson would be next in the line as ETH is looking for sweeper/keeper hybrid to which he isn’t, while he would also raise some much needed cashes added to our summer budget.

Apart from that, I hope VDB should move on too, for his own good, if there is anyone interested.

Finally I am one of few who think McFred could stay, as they are decent backup options regardless, got good attitude, and know the club through and through.

And finally…

Maguire? Forget it. No one would buy him at our asking price and at his current wage. No one. Plus he doesn’t want to leave for some deluded reason.

Same for Sancho and Martial. They will be at the club until end of their contract at the very least for sure, due to their very high wage and shit form/fitness level.

Kag

I think a lot of people here would point out that we haven't exactly had the greatest of managers in Scott's time at the club. As I said, I think he'd look a better player with better players around him - he already looked better last season than before
McTominay is shite at being a deep lying midfielder no matter who manages or plays alongside him.

If we get through the summer without bringing in a fee for the likes of him and Elanga then we’re absolutely mad.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
McTominay is shite at being a deep lying midfielder no matter who manages or plays alongside him.

If we get through the summer without bringing in a fee for the likes of him and Elanga then we’re absolutely mad.
a better manager gets more out of a player... that's part of the job description. My guess is SAF would have made Scott a better player than the likes of Ole ever could

Revan

Assumptionman
We currently have 11 homegrown players, assuming we sell ; D Henderson, S Mctominay, H Maguire, B Williams and A Elanga as most fans want we then have 6 HG players and are two short to comply with EPL rules we are not selling all of these players. Next years squad may well look like this ;
Goal Keepers- *A Onana, T Heaton(HG),
BU GK or M Kovar (3)

Defenders - AWB(HG), D Dalot, R Varane, H Maguire(HG), L Martinez, V Lindelof, L Shaw(HG), T Malacia (8)

Midfield - Casemeiro, *S Amrabat, S Mctominay(HG), C Ericsen,
*M Mount(HG), K Mainoo(<21),
B Fernandes (7)

Attackers - Rashford(HG), Garnaucho(U21), J Sancho(HG),
A Martial, Antony, * R Hojlund, A Diallo (7)

Squad of 25 with 8 HG /2 U21’s

This looks to be the clubs plan based on Finances and resources. The plan in priority is to sell; Fred(15m),
D Henderson(20m), B Williams(5m),
A Teles (5m), DVB (15m), E Bailey(5m)
Total of £60-65m maximum.

The club is open to offers for Maguire, Mctominay and Sancho but all of them are almost impossible due to their ridiculous high wages. Scott maybe the easiest to move if he wants the move. If he moves Hanibal will move into full squad as replaces HG talent. Can’t see this transfer happening though as I think Scott will back himself as a BTB goal scoring number 8.

The club has spent £55m on Mount, probably have £100m left to spend on Hojlund(55m) and onana(45m). What they make in player sales £50-60m will be used to buy Amrabat and a back up GK and possibly a cheap versatile striker like Gift Obertan if they decide to let Amad and Pellistri go on loan. I see Scott Mctominay and Harry Maguire still being in the Squad on September 1 2023 and ETH won’t care too much if they accept they are not part of the starting 11 and will be bench at best, Maguire probably won’t make the 9 on the bench then he’ll go in January 24.
We do not necessarily need 25 senior players though. We would be completely fine with 23 senior players, Garnacho (who does not count as senior but plays plenty of games) and a few other youngsters that do not meet registering such as Diallo, Pellestri, Hannibal etc.

I do not think this needs to be looked as we must have 8 homegrown players. More like, we can register only 17 non homegrown players, but we do not necessarily need to do that.

GwilDor

I have a feeling Maguire will hope to avoid a transfer, thinking he is in contention for a starting spot. Maybe he thinks a better ball-playing GK will make him look more composed on the ball.
My guess is he’ll leave in January to get consistent minutes to retain his England spot.

yamo123x

Absolute joke that we cannot move some of these players on. No loan deals, straight sales, if they are not part of the club's plans get rid.

Usual names Elanga, Williams, Bailly, Telles, VDB, Henderson all hanging about, and some of them want out too. We are just so imcompetent.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We do a great job in showing other clubs how bad our deadwood are so much so no club wants to to put an offer in

Woziak

We do not necessarily need 25 senior players though. We would be completely fine with 23 senior players, Garnacho (who does not count as senior but plays plenty of games) and a few other youngsters that do not meet registering such as Diallo, Pellestri, Hannibal etc.

I do not think this needs to be looked as we must have 8 homegrown players. More like, we can register only 17 non homegrown players, but we do not necessarily need to do that.
Ok now look at ETH records with Ajax and United, he likes to compete in all competitions, he won two doubles in Holland and got beat in the final of Dutch cup after wining the league in his last season. Even with Ajax he had 24/25 man squads he likes large squads and lots of options. We had 62 games last season and always had at least 4/5 major injuries, at times our squad was threadbare.

There is a reason you can now name 9 subs in the PL and use 5, to rotate your squad and keep the players fresh. He moved to united to win more than 7/8 trophies he currently has, like ETH said he wants two international players for every position. He needs 3 Goal keepers, 22 outfield players and 2/3 youngsters like K Mainoo, Amad and someone like Shea Lacey getting a look in later.

Kag

a better manager gets more out of a player... that's part of the job description. My guess is SAF would have made Scott a better player than the likes of Ole ever could
McTominay would be rubbish under Ferguson, just like he is under Ten Hag, and just like he was under Mourinho and Ole.

alexanderplatz

We do a great job in showing other clubs how bad our deadwood are so much so no club wants to to put an offer in
Wouldn’t surprise me if Ed had stuck a massively generous, yet easily achievable bonus payment in each contract so players wouldn’t want to move. Eg a ten million pound bonus if you play five games in a season

Alek M

Da manic one
McTominay’s value will continue to diminish aaince he will be getting less play time. He adds some muscle to our midfield but he need to improve his technique and positioning. Maybe we can get $35M from Newcastle and run.