Players you 100% want to leave in the summer

scottser

The only player I'm really curious about is a certain 'Mr Freshtimber'. We would be a whole other proposition with him back, recent issues notwithstanding.
And I would not like to see AWB, de Gea, Anthony or Fred leave just yet, as I think they can improve and be useful squad members.

Belisarius

30 million for McTominay - I would have said 25 but ok, maybe 30
25 million for Maguire - Yes
25 million for Dalot - Don't think he will be sold
15 million for Martial - No chance, We won't be able to give him away. Will be here next season and run down his contract.
15 million for van de Beek - Difficult to sell when injured, think he'll be back in the fall.
15 million for Henderson - Also injured, but I think we should get 20 m for him.
10 million for Elanga - Sounds about right, though I think it will likely be closer to 7 or 8.
05 million for Williams - I suspect we'll get 2 or 3 for him.
05 million for Bailly - 0, lucky if we can give him away.
05 million for Telles - 0, lucky if we can give him away.
Whatever we can get for Greenwood - Suspect he will be here in the fall, if not, don't think we'll get much for him - maybe 5 or 10 m

Sabitzer to return to Bayern
Weghorst to return to Burnley
Butland to return to Palace

So that's 14 players going away for me. Generating 150 million in sales, plus whatever we can get for Greenwood, which is a big question mark.

I'd try to send Amad and Pellistri out on loan to EPL teams. Send Mengi, Zidane, Mainoo, Tuanzebe, Hannibal, Shoretire, and Fernandez on loan to wherever.
Think the total sales number will be closer to 85m (see valuations above) or if Greenwood goes maybe 95m. Highly doubt we will surpass 100m.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Fred
Martial
Weghorst

Maguire depending on signings
Sancho depending on signings

Lost bear

The only player I'm really curious about is a certain 'Mr Freshtimber'. We would be a whole other proposition with him back, recent issues notwithstanding.
And I would not like to see AWB, de Gea, Anthony or Fred leave just yet, as I think they can improve and be useful squad members.
Yeah, it's all rather tragic, the Freshtimber situation.

glasgow 21

Everyone who can't, wont or is useless at heading a ball in opposition half, coupled with those who fail to hit the target from 25 yards out with pace. Should be a easy test post holiday medical. Better than looking at Fbreb

Irrational.

DDG

Williams, Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles

VDB, McT

Elanga, Martial

Henderson

Collectively these could add another £150 million to our transfer funds this summer.

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The only player I'm really curious about is a certain 'Mr Freshtimber'.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shall we have a thread about the environmental value of fresh timber this autumn? Is there a danger of hidden mould getting into the existing furniture?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's my list, but they are all with a price:

For sale:
Maguire - 25m (England international first choice CB, I think he will be solid starter for any PL clubs not playing high def line, problem is his wage though)
McTominay - 25m (starter for most mid table PL clubs, and on low wage too)
VDB - 15m (time is done for him here, we should just take the loss and let him move on)
Williams - 10m (full season experience with a PL club, young and on low wage, shouldn't be any problem selling him)
Bailly - 5m (backup player at Ligue 1, I think he is done, let him move on for any fee minimal fee)
Tuanzebe - 3m (championship level player, time to move on, any minimal fee would be ok)
Henderson - 20m (starter for some PL club, problem is his wage though)
Telles - 8m (still a decent squad rotation/backup option for any mid-table club in top 3 league)
Jones - release for free

Income from players sales - 110m

Weghorst - don't renew the loan
Sabitzer - don't renew the loan

For loan:
Elanga - loan (with Diallo back we should let him try elsewhere for a season, I think he is not a bad player and deserve a full season experience elsewhere)
Pellistri - loan (its his turn for a season long loan, may keep him in future if he impress)
Iqbal - loan (impress during the pre-seasons but we are not giving him any chances anyway, why not do a loan instead?)
Shoretire - loan (if there is any taker from the lower divison, why not?)

Unrealistic list (maybe we should keep for another season):
Sancho - no clubs would take him on such high wage (350k). Best we hope for is a loan deal, but I can't see ETH letting him go so soon, as he is still young and talented, and has some occasional good moment.
Martial - again no clubs would take him on such high wage (250k) and with his injuries history. We might still do a loan, but I'd rather keep him at the club as 3rd choice striker, as he still strike a good partnership with Rashford, only if he stays fit.

Last edited:

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Henderson - leave, unless he’s fine with backup role.
Maguire - has decision to make, need to go
Donny - leave, for his own good
Elanga - loan out, for his own good
Eriksen - leave, unless he’s fine with backup role.

I’d keep the rest. We need a big squad. We will have injuries and suspensions. And fatigue.

Kingofwinners

Fred

top of my list. Just can‘t watch the aimless running around, hand up apologies, mistimed tackles, shocker pass attempts and big smiles when we are losing anymore. I know he has good games and we have worse players but life’s too short.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
De Gea
Henderson
Maguire
Telles
Bailly
Williams
Van de Beek
Elanga
Martial

saik

De Gea - Sell/Release. For the most obvious reasons. Can't keep a keeper as limited as him with the wages he's on currently. Has been great for us few years ago but his time is up.
Henderson -Sell. He pretty much burnt his bridges before this season, so not sure how he will be able to come back and be a part of this squad again.
AWB - Sell. I'd rather sell AWB first than Dalot because of how technically limited he is on the ball. We have zero hope of catching teams like City when we have players like him whose first touch is so erratic.
Maguire - Sell. Too slow and error prone. Should never have been made captain in the first place.
Bailly - Sell/Release. Not good enough.
Telles - Sell/Release. Not good enough.
Tuanzebe - Sell/Release. Not good enough.
Jones - Release.
Eriksen - Sell. His legs have gone. Prefer to sell him but I acknowledge he can be kept around as a squad player for another season. I argued he did not deserve a 3 year contract when he was signed and I still maintain that. 2 year deal with an option of extension for the 3rd would have been ideal for us to assess his decline and then make a decision on whether to keep or release him.
McT - Sell. Was never good enough to be a midfielder at United. Would be a solid player for lower half Prem teams. Joins AWB in not have enough about him technically to continue playing for United.
Fred - Sell. Acknowledge he has had some decent performances this season but it's still not enough for where we want to be as a club.
Sabitzer - Don't renew loan/make permanent.
Elanga - Sell. I don't think he has enough potential about him to justify even a squad role at United so not sure if a loan is even worth it at this point.
VDB - Sell. Never seemed like he got a continuous run in the first team anyways.
Martial - Sell/Release. Injury prone and same as with De Gea that his time at the club is finished.
Weghorst - Don't renew loan/make permanent.

If we are talking in absolute terms of players that I 100% want to leave from the current first team squad, they would be De Gea and Martial.

Lentwood

De Gea - Garbage. Let's set a precedent that we will be ruthless and not reward garbage with new contracts.

Fred - Possibly the worst regularly featuring player I have seen at Manchester Utd in my 30 years of religiously watching us. I really do think he is such a poor player with no function whatsoever and should be gone at the first opportunity. Seems a nice bloke, that shouldn't factor into it.

Henderson - Clearly not trusted as #1 so we should cash in.

Bailly - Bloke seems like a bit of a clown to me, whining about favouritism yet is now failing to get into Marseille's side.

Maguire - In a minority in that I feel he has been treated unfairly by United fans BUT doesn't fit with what ETH wants, isn't suited to our style, relationship with the fans has deteriorated and he is worth money - so we should definitely cash in.

Jones - Done, finally. Again, treated unfairly at times by fans and pundits but that last contract extension amounted to gross mismanagement.

Tells- Not good enough, not needed.

Williams - Should have been gone after his decent spell at Norwich. Again, we failed to cash in when we had the chance.

Pellistri - Cash in, insert a buyback clause on the off-chance he becomes really good.

Mejbri - Cash in, insert a buyback clause on the off-chance he becomes really good.

Laird - Cash in.

Elanga - Cash in, not good enough for United.

DvdB - Why is he still here?

Martial - Should have gone 2/3 seasons ago, another mismanaged player.

Jacob

DDG
Sancho
Martial
Jones
Maguire
Van de Beek
Williams
Telles
Bailly
Elanga
NcTominay

Sickens me that we will not be able to shift all. Some will have to remain unfortunately.

Telsim

Henderson, Bailly, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe, how are these in particular still at the club boggles the mind. These must go as soon as possible.

Then you have Maguire, VdB, McTominay, Elanga - some we can get some actual money for.

Pellistri as well, since it doesn't seem he is favored, and between Antony, Sancho, and Amad next season, he isn't going to get much more game time.

I'd also look at Teden Mengi. He is going to be 22 next season and hasn't made a single senior appearance, I think. And he has like 500' played this season.

Martial is unsaleable unfortunately.

AndySmith1990

Top of the list
Sancho
Martial

I want to see the the last of the weak minded lazy wasters gone. Those two sum up so many of the problems we've had for years. Overpaid and shit.

Mwooyo

I can't wait to see De Gea go. He is just behind the Glazers and Maguire on my list. If we were a serious club we would be discussing letting De Gea go this summer too rather than extending. His contract ends this summer and all we have to do is say "Well done, see you". He isn't the future and he is a terrible backup. Whenever he was the backup he sulks, he makes interviews about why he should be no 1, then it will be interviews of being disrespected, etc...he will basically be Ronaldo.

Madrid lets bigger and better players go for less. Mancity does the same, Bayern also...somehow we are debating paying this dude 200k to maybe sit on the bench. This dude has not been good for like 3 or 4 seasons but there are still fans surprised at how badly he did in the final. From the first day, when we signed De Gea, he was never been good with crosses, good with distribution, good with sweeping, or good at commanding his area. How can this be a surprise yet he has been doing this stuff for 3 years?

This guy wants that contract not bcoz he will work hard on his weaknesses and come back better....nooo...he just wants the money locked in for retirement. Liverpool ditched Karius, Mancity ditched Joe Hart and the Barca dude, Arsenal ditched Leno, etc...we need to do the same

ElDiabloRojo

I can't wait to see De Gea go. He is just behind the Glazers and Maguire on my list. If we were a serious club we would be discussing letting De Gea go this summer too rather than extending. His contract ends this summer and all we have to do is say "Well done, see you". He isn't the future and he is a terrible backup. Whenever he was the backup he sulks, he makes interviews about why he should be no 1, then it will be interviews of being disrespected, etc...he will basically be Ronaldo.

Madrid lets bigger and better players go for less. Mancity does the same, Bayern also...somehow we are debating paying this dude 200k to maybe sit on the bench. This dude has not been good for like 3 or 4 seasons but there are still fans surprised at how badly he did in the final. From the first day, when we signed De Gea, he was never been good with crosses, good with distribution, good with sweeping, or good at commanding his area. How can this be a surprise yet he has been doing this stuff for 3 years?

This guy wants that contract not bcoz he will work hard on his weaknesses and come back better....nooo...he just wants the money locked in for retirement. Liverpool ditched Karius, Mancity ditched Joe Hart and the Barca dude, Arsenal ditched Leno, etc...we need to do the same
I think it comes down to the money to replace him. He will be kept just in case no one better is signed.

I don't expect Henderson to ever nail down a place here.

De Gea has had his time, time to move on indeed.

dove

DDG

Williams, Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles

VDB, McT

Elanga, Martial

Henderson

Collectively these could add another £150 million to our transfer funds this summer.
£150m? How? DDG is out of contract (unless we trigger extension), Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe and Elanga are worth pretty much nothing combined, I don't know who would pay more than £15m for VdB, which leaves us with Henderson, Martial and Maguire (who we will literally have to payoff for him to leave...) as our most "valuable" players. How much can those 3 realistically bring? £60m?

izec

De Gea
Tuanzebe
Maguire
Bailly
Telles
Williams
Mctominay
Van De Beek
Sancho
Martial
Elanga

We can get decent money for Sancho, McT and Maguire

waza7111

De Gea - Released
Jones - Gone
Maguire - £30 million
Martial - unlikely
Greenwood - Released
Sabitzer - End of loan
Fred - £20 million
Weghorst - End of loan
Williams - £5 million
de Beek - £5 million
McTominay - £30 million
Bailly - £10 million
Henderson - £20 million
Tuanzebe - £5 million
Telles - £5 million

mikeyt

Maguire
De Gea
Williams
Martial - Probably a loan as no-one is paying for him with his wages and form
Weghorst
Sabitzer
Telles
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Jones
DVB - Will be a loan as no one will buy him until he's proven he can still play to a level
Elanga

That's the wish list, don't see all leaving though.

Dannn411

Looking through these lists makes me realize just how much dead weight we are carrying. Shocking financial mismanagement by Woodward and the Glazers over the last 10 years.

VivaRonaldo85

Sold 100% (pure deadwood with 3 players that should attract decent cash -

Henderson
Maguire
Williams
Tuanzebe
Fred
Jones
VDB
Telles
Bailly
Elanga
Weghorst (loan finished)

Should be sold assuming 1st choice replacement lined up -

De Gea
Martial
Greenwood (contract terminated)

It will be interesting to see if ETH can also improve how we get rid of players this summer. The past decade we have been dreadful in this regards whether it’s handing out stupid undeserved contracts or not receiving decent money for a sale.

ddg01

There are the obvious ones which people have already pointed out but for me if Rashford does not sign a new deal, prior to the end of June he has to be sold, as I suspect he’s looking to run down his contact.

Bobski

Never going be as many out as you think, same every year but De Gea, Maguire, McTominay, Martial need to go this summer, as much for their own careers as for Utd. Sancho very close to that group. Some of the fringe players like Jones, Bailly, Donny, Williams, Axel and Telles should be gone if we can find takers.

Von Mistelroum

With the season over, I feel like this deserves more thought.

Maguire, Martial, Jones, Telles, Elanga are players I'd love to see out of the door.

I would also sell McTominay, Fred, Sancho, DDG if a reasonable offer was made and would definitely like to see all of these players out of the first team next season minimum.

GiddyUp

The top priorities for our starting 11 and bench. De Gea, he's a season killer. Maguire and Fred because they are useless in 90% of every game they play. Martial, let's be honest he's pretty shit.
A very unpopular opinion but if if someone offered really stupid money for Rashford I would take it. He's a major asset to this club, commercially and on the pitch but still has issues in his general play (much improved under ETH). To reiterate, my opinion is based on really stupid money. If that's not there then no chance I'd want him sold.

ThanksBoss26

Henderson
Maguire
Williams
McTominay
van de Beek
Martial
Elanga
Bailly
Telles
Sabitzer (End of loan)
Weghorst (End of loan)
Butland (End of loan)
Tuanzebe
Jones

Would add De Gea but I personally think that contract is done. Hopefully he's on the bench at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hannibal goes permanently and not sure on Shoretire's contract so he might go.

Plus a few of the young players who we know now are unlikely to crack it here - Laird, Bishop, Bernard, Mengi, Galbraith (already released) etc

Iqbal, Pellistri, McNeil and Savage I assume will head out on loan.

CloneMC16

De Gea
Henderson
Maguire
Bailly
Jones
Telles
Williams
Tuanzebe
Van de Beek
McTominay
Sancho
Elanga
Martial

I know half of those will probably be here next season, but I would ship them all out tomorrow if I could. Would not sign Sabitzer or Weghorst as well.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Surely De Gea is finished or at least we get a new goal keeper and make degea number 2.

I mean how many blunders does he have to make.

Prodigal7

De Gea
Henderson
Maguire
Bailly
Jones
Telles
Williams
Tuanzebe
Van de Beek
McTominay
Sancho
Elanga
Martial

I know half of those will probably be here next season, but I would ship them all out tomorrow if I could. Would not sign Sabitzer or Weghorst as well.
Agree with this. Depending on how many midfielders we sign I might add Fred to it too.