Players you had forgotten existed

Swivel Hips

Remember finding that 'goals goals goals' video a few years back. Showing my age here :lol: :lol:

Andy Sinton, England's answer to the left wing. Darren Caskey? David Hirst, MUFC bound if rumours were true at the time. Danny Cadamattari - another highly rated young England player in the making...

Matty Etherington

Kim Kallstrom, Fenedi George...they are all coming back into my head now
Matthew Etherington and Simon Davies were on trial from Peterborough United, Matthew Etherington is now Under 18 coach at Posh.

Last edited by a moderator:

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Eden Hazards brother - Thorgan Hazard. Literally no one gives a shit about him.

King Andow

Just saw that Rene Krhin, that CM with long curvy hair who played for Mourinho at Inter, is a starter for Slovenia at 29.

Redcy

Mark Kerr was an fm legend

Georgi Kinkladze
Connor Whickham
Frazer Campbell
Faustino Asprilla

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yuri Jerk Off just scored for Russia tonight. If you told me he retired 4 years ago I’d have said ‘fair enough’, so to see him scoring a competitive international goal tonight was strange!

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Papa Bouba Diop.

Scored the winner v France in opening game of 2002 World cup and then had a couple of good seasons at Fulham before playing for loads of other prem clubs.

NWRed

David Bentley - the next David Beckham apparently, retired aged 29 in 2014.

Beobachter

You know the one club that ALWAYS makes me go "oooh he's playing for them, I thought he just disappeared from the face of the earth"? Galatasaray.

Currently have Falcao, Ryan Babel, Fernando Muslera, Emre Mor, Younes Belhanda, Jean Michael Seri, Sofiane Feghouli, Yuto Nagatomo, Ryan Donk, Mario Lemina, Steven Nzonzi, and Florin Andone in their roster.

Ramos

You know the one club that ALWAYS makes me go "oooh he's playing for them, I thought he just disappeared from the face of the earth"? Galatasaray.

Currently have Falcao, Ryan Babel, Fernando Muslera, Emre Mor, Younes Belhanda, Jean Michael Seri, Sofiane Feghouli, Yuto Nagatomo, Ryan Donk, Mario Lemina, Steven Nzonzi, and Florin Andone in their roster.
Yeah, the big Turkish clubs always have that a bit. Collecting players that were great 7-8 years ago.

Basaksehir for example right now have Gökhan Inler, Robinho, Gaël Clichy, Martin Skrtel, Demba Ba, Eljero Elia and Arda Turan.

Redcy

Matthew Reddy of Sunderland started out scoring quickly, becoming a hero against Boro.

Had lots of injuries And loans. Looked a great young prospect. Ended up at Grimsby retiring at 27 from injuries to his hip

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Of course he is, only out on his 7th loan.
Mentioned Piazon a few weeks back. Thought he was 27-28 but only turned 25. He played one game for Chelsea in 2012 (not going to mention it....:houllier:). Since then on loan at Malaga, Vitesse, Frankfurt, Reading, Fulham in two spells, Chievo and now Rio Ave for the season.

You wonder really what the Chelsea plan is with all these contract extensions given no one is going to bid 10-15m for him. Thought Fulham might've signed him last season as he was part of their squad that went up to premier league.

Chelsea long serving player now with Cahill leaving!

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/what-next-lucas-piazon-chelseas-16826409

Omahahaha

Emre Belözoğlu, he is somehow still going strong and still plays for his national team.

United58

I know he's not exactly a top professional compared to the elite players but it's insane to see a player who played for years in the Premier League (which is a very, very high level) be so farcically bad in training - he's only 31, and he's a striker! How is his touch so bad? Is he drunk?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Mark Kerr was an fm legend

Georgi Kinkladze
Connor Whickham
Frazer Campbell
Faustino Asprilla
He certainly left an impression wherever he went, but nothing permanent.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Goran Pandev still scoring and playing for (North) Macedonia.

He must be close to 40 now. Was a good player in Serie A.

Bole Top

Hernanes who played for Lazio (and later for Inter & Juve).
Marco van Ginkel, somehow still a Chelsea player.
L. Damiao who was always linked with Tottenham, now plays in J1 league.