Players you had forgotten existed

NoPace

Players I have wanted United to sign on the cheap as cover XI and have not thought of in years mostly because they weren't up to it. Guys like Banega, Aranguiz and Trippier I wanted you still hear about because they would have been great buys, so these are only failures really:

-------KevinDoyle--Lucas Barrios---------
------------StephaneSessegnon--------------
----------Benat---Faurlin-----Hernanes-------------
----------------DennyLandzaat----------------
NickyShorey----------- PascalChimbonda
---------------------Bartra-----------------------------

I don't seem to fall in love with CBs but do love a passing midfielder

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Tijani Babangida and Luciano Galletti. I regularly signed them both on Champ Manager I think the 1999/2000 one, and they were amazing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From that City era Nedum Onouha came through same time as Richards at the back, think he's in the MLS now.

Jay Bothroyd playing in Japan now, one England cap in 2010.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Chinese midfielder Everton had, Li Tie?

N'Zogbia

Cheventon, the bald headed striker at Sevilla who was back up to Kanoute and Fabiano

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Robinho - Played for Real Madrid - Manchester City and AC Milan.

100 caps for Brazil - 28 goals. Currently plays in Turkey for İstanbul Başakşehir (4 goals in 23 games 2019/2020)

Was sentenced to 9 years in prison in Italy for a gang rape of a 18 year old : https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...years-prison-rape-milan-court-manchester-city

He even had a public feud in Brazil with Pele of all people, who had accused Robinho of taking drugs.

He, perhaps more than anybody, failed to achieve what he could have.Was touted as Peles heir.. what a baffling fall from grace.

GuyfromAustria

Robinho - Played for Real Madrid - Manchester City and AC Milan.

100 caps for Brazil - 28 goals. Currently plays in Turkey for İstanbul Başakşehir (4 goals in 23 games 2019/2020)

Was sentenced to 9 years in prison in Italy for a gang rape of a 18 year old : https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...years-prison-rape-milan-court-manchester-city

He even had a public feud in Brazil with Pele of all people, who had accused Robinho of taking drugs.

He, perhaps more than anybody, failed to achieve what he could have.Was touted as Peles heir.. what a baffling fall from grace.
Real Madrid coach: Robinho better than Messi

Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo insists Robinho will turn out to be a better player than Barcelona whiz Lionel Messi.

"He (Messi) is a great player, but Robinho will be better. Messi has had more time in Spain and that should be noted. Time is necessary to adapt to the Liga," said Luxemburgo.

"I do not know why he's dropped off. We cannot reign in his qualities, we must give him freedom and simultaneously team responsibilities. Robinho is going to be the best player in the world. I do not have any doubt."

SAFMUTD

Saido Berahino, he used to be a top prospect for West Brom he was even called up for england national team, eventhough he didn’t played.

Now at 25 he is on the jupiter league and plays for Burundi’s national team.

Josep Dowling

Kevin Kuranyi - does anyone else remember him? A proper nutcase with one of the most colourful backstories in the game. Brazilian born to a German father of Hungarian descent and a Panamanian mother.

Has a fantastic wikipedia entry - "Apart from his native Brazilian Portuguese and German, Kurányi also speaks conversational Spanish, English, Russian, and Hungarian"
Didn’t he score against United when we lost 2-0 to Stuttgart? I remember at the time wondering who the hell Stuttgart were as well.

norse

Talented midfielder Seth Johnson who signed for Leeds early 2000’s I reckon, what happened with him?

Wayne's World

Adel Taarabt been mentioned yet? Only had two good years with QPR but made such an impression in England during those two years

Couldn't believe finding out he was only 30....thought he was closer to 36-37

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Adel Taarabt been mentioned yet? Only had two good years with QPR but made such an impression in England during those two years

Think so!
I feel alot of players went to QPR when they had "money" and then literally vanished from the earth, Adel Taarabt, Jose Bosingwa, Nedum Onuha, Julio Cesar, Ben Haim, Junior Hoilett etc
Adel Taarabt
Adel Taarabt?
Adel Taarabt - plays for Benfica (occasionally), still not even 30.

Redcy

Alun Armstrong - had a brief moment in the sun, and was a hot prospect on Championship manager.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Diniyar Bilyaletdinov just popped up on my Facebook scoring a peach against Wolves (Phil Neville scored a very good goal in the same game).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He's now a CM at Benfica, apparently he's doing well in the role.

Redcy

I can never forget him. His existence is proof that the scousers will hilariously attempt to get any poll to show them in a positive light.
PFA player of the year Raul Meireles.

Not that he wasn’t decent though

It also helps that you have to have won the pfa player of the month award. Add in the factor that Liverpool fans only had one to vote for you can see how he gets in.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mido

Afonso Alves

Fernando Cavenaghi

Diego (Robinho’s mate)

Philipe Mexes

Julien Escude

Yoann Gourcuff