Players you had forgotten existed

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shaqiri. Must've played about 5 games for Liverpool since his two goals v Man. United in December 2018.

Bole Top

Carlos Diogo and Pablo Garcia, RM legends
Berezutski brothers
Clinton N'Jie
K. Großkreutz
Walter Gargano
Manuele Blasi
Olisadebe
Ze Maria
Dede

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Yehven Konoplyanka.

A few seasons ago he was supposed to be going to Spurs a few years ago, then Liverpool swooped in on TDD but the selling club's president (Dnipro maybe?) wouldn't sign the paperwork off and it collapsed. He went off the radar.

Also that Silva (?) who Leicester signed on TDD but couldn't register and Porto wouldn't reverse the deal or whatever

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yehven Konoplyanka.

A few seasons ago he was supposed to be going to Spurs a few years ago, then Liverpool swooped in on TDD but the selling club's president (Dnipro maybe?) wouldn't sign the paperwork off and it collapsed. He went off the radar.

Also that Silva (?) who Leicester signed on TDD but couldn't register and Porto wouldn't reverse the deal or whatever
Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko were both consistently hyped but turned out bang average.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko were both consistently hyped but turned out bang average.
I still often forget the latter plays at the Council Stadium tbh.

One of those where all the people on the forums are panicking about how a mid-to-lower table team sign this great player who turns out to be meh. Same with Boufal.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Konoplyanka's a bench player at Shakhtar now. Looks a shadow of a player from the few games i've watched him in recently. Ukrainian fans hoped he could develop into a Robben for them in his early years at Dnipro when he was competing very well with the likes of Douglas Costa but he never improved. Really a quite brainless and one dimensional player. I watched a good bit of his first season abroad at Sevilla and he actually did quite well for them - inconsistent, but with a handful of great games that suggested he belonged at the level and could kick on. I was surprised when they sold him, and read later it was because of trouble taking in tactical concepts and lack of interest in improving his skillset, especially defensively. He was absolutely crap in the games i watched for Schalke and i quickly lost interest in following him.

Yarmolenko i think had more potential, however he moved about 6 seasons too late to give himself the best chance of success ( i doubt he moves at all if there is no euromaidan and Kyiv don't eventually the money) and started having bad injuries pretty quickly. He's finished athletically, though i think he's one of those players that had a style that was never going to last too long past about 28 even without injuries. He's a big guy that always tried to play like a technomidget nimble dribbling winger/Robben hybrid and the uncommon agility for someone of his size/strength earlier in his career, plus good skills was well suited to dominate a smaller league (he looked often much better in the Uke league than players that have went on to more successful moments in better leagues like willian, fernandinho and Costa) but maybe a poor fit for stepping up a level, especially after losing some pace and where things won't be built around him so much. He would have been better suited to a 10 or supporting forward role at the higher level than as a wide forward, though not many teams are focused on those positions anymore.

flappyjay

Watch closely and you will see Jese fecking Rodriguez, completely forgot that this man existed.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
I try my best to forget anyway...

David N’gog, plays in Lithuania
Jay Spearing, plays for Tranmere
Danny Wilson, had no idea he was in the USA

United Junkie

Mousa Dembele(the Belgian Dembele). Was a fantastic talent at AZ. Did some really sick stuff there with ball and evantually ended up winning the eredivisie. Always thought after that he would reach the very top but injuries did him over and he was clearly not the same anymore at Tottenham. Now he's playing in China.

Irrational.

What happened Belotti? He was a £60 million+ striker we were linked with along with Morata. Seems to have disappeared back into obscurity.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What happened Belotti? He was a £60 million+ striker we were linked with along with Morata. Seems to have disappeared back into obscurity.
he scored twice against Atalanta on Saturday

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Goran Pandev. I remember him on that Inter squad ten years ago. Was not aware he's still playing in Serie A at 37 years of age.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Goran Pandev. I remember him on that Inter squad ten years ago. Was not aware he's still playing in Serie A at 37 years of age.
He looked 37 ten years ago

WakeAndBeek

Some late 2000’s classics:
Jeremy Aliadiere
Emanuel Pogatetz
Paul Scharner
John Utaka
Johan Elmander
Benni McCarthy
Matt Derbyshire

Chief123

Ruel Fox