Players you had forgotten existed

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Watching Fluminense vs River Plate and they've got Nigel Reo Coker on commentary for some reason.

Likes the sound of his own voice a bit much, but I thought his actual analysis was a fair bit better than the shite that comes out of the mouths of Keown/Jenas/Savage etc at least.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably say this every six months but Everton have declared Fabian Delph fit again so he still exists.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Henri Saivet is only 30 and is a Newcastle player, remember him being a great buy in Fifa! :lol:

Bole Top

Joseph Minala, Lazio "youngster". doesn't really play for any of the clubs they send him to.

vodrake

Was chatting with somebody earlier about Odegaard and hyped up Wonderkids, and remembered another one from around the same time, Alan Halilovic, "The Croatian Messi". Playing for Dinamo Zagreb at 16, in the Croatian national team at 17, get's bought by Barcelona at 18. Very bright future ahead of him.

Realized I hadn't heard about him in a long time so looked him up on wiki. Aged 24, signed for Birmingham City on a free transfer after being released from his last club last Christmas. Was not expecting that :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Was chatting with somebody earlier about Odegaard and hyped up Wonderkids, and remembered another one from around the same time, Alan Halilovic, "The Croatian Messi". Playing for Dinamo Zagreb at 16, in the Croatian national team at 17, get's bought by Barcelona at 18. Very bright future ahead of him.

Realized I hadn't heard about him in a long time so looked him up on wiki. Aged 24, signed for Birmingham City on a free transfer after being released from his last club last Christmas. Was not expecting that :lol:
It’s either him or Adem Ljajić that’s supposed to have a terrible attitude. I can’t remember!

Soon as I saw the thread I knew it’s be him. Absolutely the same, thought he’d sailed off into the sunset years ago
given the size of him today, he’s been thinking the same all season.

great for him to come on and play a few mins. That’s potentially his last appearance.

GueRed

Giovinco.

I remember this lad doing quite well at Juventus 5/6 years ago then fecked off to the MLS when he was around 28yrs old.

Currently in plying his trade in the middle east i think

Oranges038

Wes Morgan. I genuinely thought he'd retired.
Thought the same myself.

Speaking of Leicester - Andy King. Found him while messing around on PES the weekend. Turns out he now plays for OH Leuven in Belgium. Who are also owned by the Leicester owners.

Found former Liverpool striker Stephen Caulker, Fran Merida, and Obertan too. It's why I randomise my team choice for every game, so many nice surprises.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Oyvind (?) Leonhardssen or something, never heard him mentioned on the Caf. Probably was a nothing player.
Øyvind Leonhardsen played for Wimbledon, Liverpool and Tottenham among other clubs. Voted Wimbledon player of the year twice.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Randomly looked at a Monaco line-up recently and realized Fabregas is playing for them. Somehow missed that.

Bole Top

Jefferson Farfan is somehow still playing, even won every domestic trophy in Russia with Lokomotiv recently.
Tranquillo Barnetta

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Just read a Dutch interview with Gerard Wiekens.. Now that's a blast from the past. Played well over 200 games for City between 97 - 04. On of their pre- Mansour artifacts.

GuyfromAustria

Had no idea what Shinji Kagawa was doing nowadays, so I looked him up: Released by Zaragoza (Segunda Division) in October, joined Greek side PAOK in January.