Players you had forgotten existed

Bole Top

Shinji Ono was around 26-27 when he was at Feyenoord. I know that because I used to play with Feyenoord in FM 2005. he still fecking plays, at 43.

Bobski

Jocelyn Angloma, one of the best right backs of the 90's, a prototype of the modern full back, and just saying his name is fun.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Kim Kallstrom

The real Kimmy K

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Lukas Podolski is still playing.... and still scoring amazing goals for his hometown club :eek:

frostbite

Joaquin is still playing for Betis in La Liga?!
In September, Joaquin became the oldest player to score in Europa League, aged 41 years and 56 days!

He also has the most (non-goalkeeper) appearances in the Spanish top division.

Oddboy

Found out today that Jermain Defoe only retired this year. Blew my mind.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jocelyn Angloma, one of the best right backs of the 90's, a prototype of the modern full back, and just saying his name is fun.
So many top players in thar Valencia side under Cuper.

Just the midfield wow....Kily Gonzales, Farinos, Mendieta and Gerard Lopez. Claudio Lopez upfront was amazing for them aswell in late 90s. Most of those went to Serie A and flopped (think Kily was alright for Inter) and Gerard going to Barcelona didn't work out either.

wangyu

Phil Jones

Imagine being him, good pay, always injured, get away with it because you know what can you do about injuries. Sign an extension because we are a charity (ask the guys who get dividends each year). No pressure. Get up go to the club, eat some chat some, work some with the physio but not too hard because your bones are of glass, get a massage, watch the teammates get massacred in the press and on the field.

When will the management become ruthless and end his contract?

ROFLUTION

Salva Ballesta.

Topscorer in La Liga with 27 goals in 2000. Many never even heard of him. Maybe he wasnt even real.

Plg91

Marouane Fellaini. Just watched the Martial ‘s debut goal and saw him. Completely forgot about him - such an iconic representative of an United era.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Some names that popped up randomly;

Jonathan Zebina
Michel Bastos
Mista (Toronto legend ;) )
Mancini (Roma/Brazilian)
Grady Diangana

Reactions: oates

Zen

Salva Ballesta.

Topscorer in La Liga with 27 goals in 2000. Many never even heard of him. Maybe he wasnt even real.
I wonder if Spain remembers him as fondly as we in England remember Kevin Phillips, the player who beat him to the European Golden Boot.

CatsOfUlthar

Jozy Altidore - I don't know why I remember him now but I do.

Igor Akinfeev - Swore blind United should sign him years ago, make of my young judgement what you will haha, he was the heir to Vasili Berezutsky at CSKA and I don't think he's played for anyone else.

Nolberto Solano - Used to be a favourite in a collection of football cards I had as a kid. Again I could not attest as to my reasoning at the time.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Kasper Dolberg. Went from Ajax to Nice for €20m a couple of years ago.

ROFLUTION

I wonder if Spain remembers him as fondly as we in England remember Kevin Phillips, the player who beat him to the European Golden Boot.
wow, another player totally forgotten. Had he had a less regular name it’d probably be different

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jozy Altidore - I don't know why I remember him now but I do.

Igor Akinfeev - Swore blind United should sign him years ago, make of my young judgement what you will haha, he was the heir to Vasili Berezutsky at CSKA and I don't think he's played for anyone else.

Nolberto Solano - Used to be a favourite in a collection of football cards I had as a kid. Again I could not attest as to my reasoning at the time.
Akinfeev was always highly rated but whenever I saw him play, he was all over the place and made errors. Probably why he stayed In Russia

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Akinfeev was always highly rated but whenever I saw him play, he was all over the place and made errors. Probably why he stayed In Russia
Showed a lot of promise early in his career, but settled into just being a typical excellent shot stopping keeper that never tidied up/developed some other areas like commanding his box to a top level. I don't think he had much interest in moving abroad, he was very loyal to cska and in a nice, well paying comfort zone.

He also had two really bad knee injuries, when he came back from the second in 2012 i thought he looked a declined player without the same mobility and that was when he started also making big errors every so often. However with russian football in a real decline, he didn't have much competition and was able to keep his place for the rest of the decade.

It was similar situation with the cska/national team centre defence of the time, Ignashevich/Berezutsky...both were too slow and ready to be phased out by a league challenging/CL competing team by 2013, but because little talent was being produced they were able to grind on as the starters for a long time. It became painful to watch them in the champions league, and i think from 2014 to 2018 they eventually created a record for games without a clean sheet.

Eplel

Was watching some FA games today, and out of fecking nowhere, Jack Colback?

Wasn't he supposed to be England's next left back for a night or two?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Arsenal teams from 06-09 will be full of them.

Aliadière
Denilson
Flamini (though he had a good career if memory serves)
Djourou
Justin Hoyte
Armand Traore