Players you had forgotten existed

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
There's quite a few Portsmouth player who I'd forgotten about, during their sharp decline, who actually had decent careers.

Aruna Dindane, Aaron Mokoena, Herman Hreidarsson, Tal Ben Haim, Angelos Basinas. These 5 players have 456 international caps between them!

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
That’s the one! Just read he refused to play Saturdays due to his religious beliefs and retired at 26, came back and retired 8 years later.
Hmmm... Sacred Saturday? Reminds me of Real Mallorca/Argentina goalkeeper who his name I can't remember.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was randomly watching a Man. United-Arsenal game yesterday. Quinton Fortune came on. Had forgotten about his existance and his name never really comes up on here either. No idea who he played for after leaving Man. United.

Cloud7

What happened to Yohan Cabaye?
No idea what happened to him, but that’s a name I haven’t thought about since the days of “Can we sign a CM, literally any CM” sentiments among United fans. Can’t forget that he was legitimately thought of as a good signing.

iHicksy

Ahh Cabaye, it wasn't long ago that our centre midfield was so poor that we were longing for his signature. (well some of us at least)

vodrake

To add to the list of Centre Mids we were once desperate for us to sign who are now at St Etienne, Yann M'vila

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To add to the list of Centre Mids we were once desperate for us to sign who are now at St Etienne, Yann M'vila
Forever linked to Arsenal wasn't he? I recall an Arsenal fan of Sky Sports News saying Wenger needs to sign him as he's a world class midfielder :lol: I cringed back then as he probably had never even seen the guy play but was lauding him as world class.

NoPace

Iker munain. Massively hyped and linked with big moves back in 2012-13, nothing ever materialised and still playing for Bilbao now. Still somehow only 27
I’d have spent 50M on him in 2012, thought he’d be a top 3 Spanish player by now. Not surewhat happened.

led_scholes

Arda Turan.
Youtube's algorithm suggested me Turkey vs Croatia from the, far now, 2008. The guy is still in Barcelona somehow.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arda Turan.
Youtube's algorithm suggested me Turkey vs Croatia from the, far now, 2008. The guy is still in Barcelona somehow.
There was another Turkish wide player massively rated at the time, Karadinz or something. Turkish fan on another now defunct forum would constantly claim he'd come and rip up premier league.

Redcy

There was another Turkish wide player massively rated at the time, Karadinz or something. Turkish fan on another now defunct forum would constantly claim he'd come and rip up premier league.
gokdeniz karadeniz

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doesn’t come close to Ilhan Mansiz.

He’s now a figure skater.