Players you had forgotten existed

LDUred

Ever Banega.

Subject of about 1,000 goal.com articles and tweets without probably ever having heard of us.

Last edited:

Redcy

Michael Bridges - an extraordinary season for Leeds never to be seen again until he appeared for carlisle and then faded into injuries again

Redcy

Michael Ricketts
Marcus Stewart

Both scored for fun in their first seasons then disappeared completely

Winrar

Jeffren Suarez: Was rewatching 2010 El Clasico where Barca beat Real 5-0 and he was the last scorer. Now plays in the Croatian League.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Santiago Munez.

Whatever happened to him? He was good for Newcastle then he moved to Real and after that he just sort of disappeared.

Rish Sawhney

Roque(?) Santa Cruz. He seemed to be all the rage. Broke our longest clean sheet run if I remember correctly. Then went to City and disappeared.

Redcy

Roque(?) Santa Cruz. He seemed to be all the rage. Broke our longest clean sheet run if I remember correctly. Then went to City and disappeared.
Had one amazing season at Blackburn when he arrived scoring 19 in 37. Then never produced again after that, even the season before city bought he only scored 4 in 20. Wasnt an injury thing either he just had one purple patch season.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Youri Djorkaeff. Just watched 98 cup final. Forgot about him.

RedMist99

Michael Bridges - an extraordinary season for Leeds never to be seen again until he appeared for carlisle and then faded into injuries again
Just seen that Michael Bridges finished his career at some small club in Australia. Feel like I've seen their badge before, or something quite like it!

Number32

Most of World Cup 2002 heroes:
Hakan Sukur - Uber driver now
Ilhan Manzis
Gerald Asamoah
Bernd Schneider
Ahn Jung Hwan
Cha Du Ri
Edmilson
Juninho Paulista
El Hadji Diouf

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just seen that Michael Bridges finished his career at some small club in Australia. Feel like I've seen their badge before, or something quite like it!

Lambton is a suburb of Newcastle, a city to the north of Sydney. Bridges played a couple of stints for the Newcastle Jets in the A League prior to that.

Jaffa is a slang tern for a Kiwi (New Zealander) - Just Another fecking Aucklander - so I'd guess the Lambton Jaffa's is a club that was founded by Kiwis living in Newcastle. I think the motto is meant to say "Head hunters", referencing the original Maori practice of head hunting (and preserving by smoking them).

SungSam7

I know he wasn't a big name or anything, only reason he became known across Europe was the fact he just collapsed while playing for Ajax in the summer of 2017. That would be Abdelhak Nouri, he just came out of a coma after 2 and half years since he collapsed tonight! Completely had forgotten about him.

SirMonteyne

some lad from Brazil, went to AC Milan. At the time, people were comparing him to Ronaldo, Messi. Can't even remember his name, completely forgot.

SAFMUTD

Alexis Sanchez, I was in the thread about 11 ManUtd flops and completely forgot about him, I even remebered Scheneiderlin and Falcao but completely forgot about him.

El Zoido

Alexis Sanchez, I was in the thread about 11 ManUtd flops and completely forgot about him, I even remebered Scheneiderlin and Falcao but completely forgot about him.
Same. I saw an article the other day about United’s best ever players in each shirt number, and I didn’t know who was wearing our #7 currently. I thought it was vacant but googled it just to check. It’s Sanchez.

GenZRed

Michu, who had that one great season at Swansea City then seemingly vanished off the face of the Earth.

redmeister

Him and Dean Ashton could make a great striking partnership of pretty ordinary English strikers, that injury saved them from being regarded as the same level as someone like James Beattie.

Deery

Dreary
Micheal Johnson that played for Man City what ever happened him? Was touted as going to be one of the best in the league

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Micheal Johnson that played for Man City what ever happened him? Was touted as going to be one of the best in the league
Arrogance in my opinion, after becoming the best basketball player of all time he though he'd try his hand at baseball, it was unsuccessful and thus he returned to basketball. The fact he thought he could also become a footballer just shows how deluded he was.

Deery

Dreary
Arrogance in my opinion, after becoming the best basketball player of all time he though he'd try his hand at baseball, it was unsuccessful and thus he returned to basketball. The fact he thought he could also become a footballer just shows how deluded he was.
That’s Jordan, although Johnson was quite the accomplished 200m runner..