Players you had forgotten existed

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Aldo Duscher. The guy who broke Beckham's metatarsal when playing in the CL for Deportivo at OT.

Was public enemy no1 in the UK for weeks as he was suspected to miss the WC. He was linked with moves to the Prem afterwards.
One of those side being,ironically,us.

From what I remember about Dusher,other than that tackle in a CL tie, was that he was abit of a bargain basement Gattuso

Bole Top

S. Kalou - when you think about how long it has been since he played for Chelsea and realize he also had 2 great seasons at Lille before having another 5 great seasons at Hertha.

David Suazo - I don't remember a single thing he did for Inter.

Luciano Figueroa - I doubt anyone remembers him, but he was actually great for Argies in 2004 Copa and 2005 Condeferations cup. nowhere to be seen after that.

Maxi Lopez - similar to Figueroa. almost completely irrelevant after that goal vs Chelsea which was also his first shot ever for Barca.

G. Milito - to me he was always the better known of two brothers, not only because he was the one that signed for big club first, but also because I used to sign him in older FM games. obviously, Inter's 2009-10 season changed everything for Diego while Gabriel became permanently injured and retired without anyone noticing.

Sebastian Saja, Amauri, Angloma, Marcus Hahnemann.

Redcy

Santi Cazorla, typical Wenger signing, had a few great games, very technical. Currently playing for Villareal

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
S. Kalou - when you think about how long it has been since he played for Chelsea and realize he also had 2 great seasons at Lille before having another 5 great seasons at Hertha.

David Suazo - I don't remember a single thing he did for Inter.

Luciano Figueroa - I doubt anyone remembers him, but he was actually great for Argies in 2004 Copa and 2005 Condeferations cup. nowhere to be seen after that.

Maxi Lopez - similar to Figueroa. almost completely irrelevant after that goal vs Chelsea which was also his first shot ever for Barca.

G. Milito - to me he was always the better known of two brothers, not only because he was the one that signed for big club first, but also because I used to sign him in older FM games. obviously, Inter's 2009-10 season changed everything for Diego while Gabriel became permanently injured and retired without anyone noticing.

Sebastian Saja, Amauri, Angloma, Marcus Hahnemann.
I remember Angloma. Powerful french fullback for Valencia. Seemed to play forever.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Figueroa was signed by Birmingham in 2003, didn't play a game but then had that good copa america for Argentina a year later. Villareal signed him after the tournament I think.

Had forgotten about Juan Pablo Sorin until I watched England-Argies yesterday. He had an odd club career. Was playing in Brazil until 26 then Barca picked him up on loan and moved around euro leagues for a few seasons, was best at Villareal when they had Riquelme and Forlan.

Bole Top

Orlando Engelaar
Danijel Pranjić
Walter Baseggio
Matthew Kilgallon
Bernd Schneider
Guillermo Barros Schelotto
Fábio Rochemback
George Boateng
Lebohang Mokoena (33!!!)

204Red

Santi Cazorla, typical Wenger signing, had a few great games, very technical. Currently playing for Villareal
Didn't he nearly lose his leg after an injury at Arsenal... something about an infection. Missed the better part of 2-3 season as a result.

SirSteve4

Rene Adler - German keeper at Bayer Leverkusen linked to United (and apparently a United fan).

Was Germany’s first choice GK for a couple of games but got injured and never regained the spot from Neuer

Nickelodeon

Niko Kranjcar.
81 Caps with Croatia
6 years in the PL (the unlikely FA cup win with Pompey, part of the Spurs team that started getting into the CL)

Yet no one seemed to miss him once he just vanished.

Redcy

Niko Kranjcar.
81 Caps with Croatia
6 years in the PL (the unlikely FA cup win with Pompey, part of the Spurs team that started getting into the CL)

Harry redknapp probably misses him

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Niko Kranjcar.
81 Caps with Croatia

Didn't he go to qpr when 'Arry was manager there or did I make that up??

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You're absolutely right. I had missed one. His agent must have been ecstatic whenever Harry got a new job.
:lol: :lol:
Is it a wonder that 'Arry had a bank account in his dogs name!!! :lol:

Bole Top

Angelo Henriquez, former United striker that plays in Chile today. even wiki doesn't update his stats anymore.

Imbula - don't know whether he was Stoke's record transfer and don't really care, but the fee was certainly high for such club. obviously, he was monumental flop.

Makoun - the only thing I remember him by is that goal for 1-0 win over Madrid when he was at Lyon. signed for Villa and flopped.

Forsberg, Mladen Petric, El Sharaawy and Luc Castaignos.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Niko Kranjcar.
81 Caps with Croatia

Can remember watching a clip the other week from an old firm derby where the commentators were basically saying playing Kranjcar was like having 10 men because he couldn't get around the pitch anymore.

I thought he might be ancient but it seems he's 35 now and that clip was somewhere between the ages of 31-33 so his athleticism must've dropped off a cliff post 30.

Robbie Boy

I see Manolo Gabbiadini scored for Sampdoria tonight. Remember he was briefly a thing for Southampton.

Upon realising this, I took to Google and fun fact, Gaston Ramirez and Maya Yoshida both also now play for Sampdoria too. Very random that three ex Southampton players are now at Sampdoria. Extra super funner fact, the wonderfully named Ronaldo Vieira, once of Leeds is also at Sampdoria too.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Also, Ahmed Musa. I'm surprised he couldn't make an impact for Leicester with his pace.

Red Stone

Saw the name Jermaine Pennant recently. It brought back many fond memories of deluded dippers.

GJNJ

I see Manolo Gabbiadini scored for Sampdoria tonight. Remember he was briefly a thing for Southampton.

Upon realising this, I took to Google and fun fact, Gaston Ramirez and Maya Yoshida both also now play for Sampdoria too. Very random that three ex Southampton players are now at Sampdoria. Extra super funner fact, the wonderfully named Ronaldo Vieira, once of Leeds is also at Sampdoria too.
Sampdoria are the new Liverpool.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jack Clarke, Leeds wonderkid about 18 months back and moved to Spurs. No idea what's happened to him. Had forgotten about Sessegnon aswell until he popped up on the bench yesterday.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Jack Clarke, Leeds wonderkid about 18 months back and moved to Spurs. No idea what's happened to him. Had forgotten about Sessegnon aswell until he popped up on the bench yesterday.
Speaking of forgotten wonderkids, how about the following (all names I just remembered):
  • Ryan Gauld
  • Oliver Burke
  • Chris Willock
  • Jon Toral
  • Gai Assulin

Wreh

Supports
Arsenal
Yakubu, Portsmouth and Everton legend.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Who was that striker for atletico who was banging in the goals but all of a sudden moved to china never to be heard of again?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Speaking of forgotten wonderkids, how about the following (all names I just remembered):
  • Ryan Gauld
  • Oliver Burke
  • Chris Willock
  • Jon Toral
  • Gai Assulin
Gauld is in Portugal second division I think. Burke actually a regular for Alaves. Toral played in the Hull 8-0 loss yesterday. No idea on Gai.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gauld is in Portugal second division I think. Burke actually a regular for Alaves. Toral played in the Hull 8-0 loss yesterday. No idea on Gai.
Gai Assulin's actually playing for a club in Romania right now. Chris Willock is currently loaned out to Huddersfield Town from Benfica. Who'd have thought that Joe would have been the best out of the Willock brothers?

Bole Top

Guidetti
Kiessling
L. Lita
Forssel
R. Earnshaw

also, Lucas. it's only his third season for Lazio, but I feel like it's been 6 or 7 years since I last saw him playing for Liverpool.

also, Lucas. it's only his third season for Lazio, but I feel like it's been 6 or 7 years since I last saw him playing for Liverpool.
I feel like he was 35 when he left Liverpool. Crazy to think he turned 33 only this year.

Bole Top

I feel like he was 35 when he left Liverpool. Crazy to think he turned 33 only this year.
same here. I actually wouldn't be surprised it's all because of our beloved Anderson :lol: I mean, we signed him the same year Liverpool signed Lucas, season 2007-08. and then you think; Christ, Anderson hasn't been relevant for about 10 years, how the feck is Lucas still playing? but of course, it's only because Anderson was already semi-retired at 24. what a waste.

Daonico

Robinho, Skrtel, Demba ba and Gokhan Inler... all champions of the turkish league with Basaksehir a few days ago, that's where I saw them and thought "oh, I remember those names..."