Players you had forgotten existed

Revaulx

Same Lewis Holtby who used to play in the Bundesliga?
Yup.

He had hopelessly bad luck with managerial changes. Started brilliantly under AVB at Spurs, but got dropped by Tactics Tim and left for Fulham. Soon afterward Fulham sacked first Martin Jol and then Rene Meulensteen, replacing the latter with the psychopath Felix Magath, who Holtby had already been on the wrong side of in Germany.

WakeAndBeek

Reading the “facts about football that shouldn’t be true” thread, the name Negredo came up, and it got me thinking, for someone who played in the Premier League as recently as 2017, he had completely fell off the face of the earth in my mind.

Johnny Weather

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Remember him playing for Blackburn and wanting United to sign him. Anyone else?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Quaresma signed for Vitória Guimaraese.

I didn’t forget about him but I am sure some have.

Signed a 2 year deal and will retire there as well.

vodrake

Marvin Martin

Not a particularly notable footballer, but the alliteration in his name always stuck with me. Had a brief stint of being quite hyped back in 2012, was playing quite regularly for the French NT at the time, but then just faded away. Surprised he's still only 32

Ramos

Marvin Martin

Not a particularly notable footballer, but the alliteration in his name always stuck with me. Had a brief stint of being quite hyped back in 2012, was playing quite regularly for the French NT at the time, but then just faded away. Surprised he's still only 32
Ah yes, one of those "next Zidane's".

Just like Yoann Gourcuff, Samir Nasri, Camel Meriem and Mourad Meghni.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Marvin Martin

Good shout. After a purple patch was linked with Arsenal. I recall some Arsenal fans believing they are about to sign the next Zidane :lol:

MuFc_1992

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Remember him playing for Blackburn and wanting United to sign him. Anyone else?
Back in those days the mid table teams were completely devoid of technically able and creative players so, players like Pedersen really looked better than they were because everything basically went through them. I'd place Seb Larsson and Charlie Adam in the same category.

Bole Top

Makukula
Mantorras
Ben Sahar
Boa Morte
Pablo Barrera
Jonathan Spector
Vincenzo Grella
Alessandro Rosina
Younès Belhanda

NoPace

Ryan Sessegnon. A lot of the Caf wanted Utd to sign him. Ended up at Spurs and has virtually disappeared.
He'd be a decent enogh signing right now, as we badly need a 3-5-2 LWB and a backup RW, and if he was cheap-ish with them signing Bale and Reguilon we could spend big money elsewhere (CB and DM).

Nr.7

Robert Jarni
Ivan de la Pena
Sunday Oliseh
Viktor Ikpeba

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Back in those days the mid table teams were completely devoid of technically able and creative players so, players like Pedersen really looked better than they were because everything basically went through them. I'd place Seb Larsson and Charlie Adam in the same category.
That’s very harsh on Pedersen

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Makukula
Mantorras
Ben Sahar
Boa Morte
Pablo Barrera
Jonathan Spector
Vincenzo Grella
Alessandro Rosina
Younès Belhanda
Love that list, West Ham signed about half of them. :lol:

Makukula and Mantorras were two very highly rated young forwards in Portugal in mid 00s, one ended up at Bolton and think Mantorras got a bad injury at Benfica and never really recovered from it.

Vince Grella was really good in Italy but was injured loads at Blackburn, Mark Bresciano also played well in Italy at that time.

Can Rosina having a brilliant tournament for Italy under 21s one year but never got that big move, was at Torino for a while.

Andersonson

Gabriel Torje
Julius Aghahowa
Rasmus Elm
Ezequiel González
Gabriel Torje, a guy who barely has played for a club in the top 5 leagues. He managed 1000 minutes for Udinese in a 5 year spell. The rest of his career has been in Greece, stints in Spain as a backup-player for almost relegated sides and in easter europe.
Julius Aghahowa Got 800 minutes of Premier League football, before and after that seen on the bench in Ukraine.
Rasmus Elm - I'll give you this one, atleast he's known outside Football manager
Ezequiel González - Another FM guy

None of theese are remembered for their actual footballing skills, but their potential on CM/FM..

Obscure gems on football manager aint what this thread was about.

Arne Friedrich is a player who is forgotten!

GuyfromAustria

Julius Aghahowa Got 800 minutes of Premier League football, before and after that seen on the bench in Ukraine.

None of theese are remembered for their actual footballing skills, but their potential on CM/FM..
I remember Aghahowa for his celebrations/backflips.

Bole Top

Obscure gems on football manager aint what this thread was about.
it's about any player you forgotten and I don't really play FM.

I watched Torje two times because it simply happened that our domestic clubs played both of his ex-clubs in the same season. one of them actually eliminated two Romanian clubs on its way to Europa League group stage; Unirea and Dinamo Bucuresti, where Torje was playing at the time. he was highly rated back in those days and was called Romanian Messi.

Aghahowa was number 1 striker for Nigeria in that 2002 WC. as for Elm, I never watched him play. I only remember him because he was being linked to United in those wild years of our 'zombie passing' playstyle along Gaitan and Everton from Cruzeiro.

that's it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cengiz Under. Was pretty good at Roma 2-3 years ago but barely played much in last 12 months. Joining Leicester on season loan with option to buy for 20m.