Players you had forgotten existed

Wittmann45

Geovani (Ex Man City who scored the winner against us one time :mad:)
He scored a couple of great goals for Wolves as well

Man City teams about 10 years of so ago are full of players that are appropriate for this thread. Players who were either highly rated and never hit their heights or players who had great runs of form and were clearly talented but were never consistent enough to be really good players. Elano was one who seemed to play really well in bunches, and players like Bojinov and Gelson Fernandes were highly rated but never turned out to be much.

Wittmann45

Some late 2000’s classics:
Jeremy Aliadiere
Emanuel Pogatetz
Paul Scharner
John Utaka
Johan Elmander
Benni McCarthy
Matt Derbyshire
Those Middlesbrough and Blackburn teams from the mid-2000s were the worst. Good wingers in both teams, big, strong strikers, keepers who became world class against United (Brad Friedel being the worst for this) and pricks throughout both teams

I remember Aliadiere being brought in, along with Alves, to replace Viduka and Yakubu. Replace two players that scored against everyone in the PL with two guys that only seemed to score against United

Bole Top

Marcus Allback
U. Emanuelson
John Mensah
Lee Chung-yong who used to play for Bolton
Tchite
Olivier Kapo
Bernardo Corradi

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jon Flanagan

Liverpool fullback in 2013/14. Had a good season that year. Never heard his name afterwards though.

MalcolmTucker

Oliver Torres

Remember him being hyped as the next Spanish midfield maestro when he was coming through at Atletico and Simone was criticised for not using him. Completely forgot he existed until he came on now against Barcelona.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He scored a couple of great goals for Wolves as well

Man City teams about 10 years of so ago are full of players that are appropriate for this thread. Players who were either highly rated and never hit their heights or players who had great runs of form and were clearly talented but were never consistent enough to be really good players. Elano was one who seemed to play really well in bunches, and players like Bojinov and Gelson Fernandes were highly rated but never turned out to be much.
Nery Castillo the one for me. Massively hyped at about 18.

Anyway was watching the Quest highlights and Cameron Jerome came on for Milton Keynes. One of those strikers who could never quite cut it in premier league.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Anyway was watching the Quest highlights and Cameron Jerome came on for Milton Keynes. One of those strikers who could never quite cut it in premier league.
Castillo had a brilliant Copa America one year. Looked brilliant. Along with Humberto Suazo.

There was a striker, South American but he got shot in the head or something. Survived but obviously had to retire. Can't remember his name now but he looked awesome.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Castillo had a brilliant Copa America one year. Looked brilliant. Along with Humberto Suazo.

There was a striker, South American but he got shot in the head or something. Survived but obviously had to retire. Can't remember his name now but he looked awesome.
Salvatore Cabanas I think. Was hot for Paraguay for a year and Sunderland were about to sign him as they had a couple of his international team mates at the time but transfer collapsed after shooting and he basically had to retire although think he came back to semi pro level a few years later.

Lay

Salvatore Cabanas I think. Was hot for Paraguay for a year and Sunderland were about to sign him as they had a couple of his international team mates at the time but transfer collapsed after shooting and he basically had to retire although think he came back to semi pro level a few years later.
That's the guy. He was like a lesser version of Tevez.

Man, I miss watching South American football.

Bole Top

Efe Ambrose
Joseph Yobo
Paul McShane
Maris Verpakovskis
Miroslav Stoch
Charles Itandje
Dani Guiza (still playing at 40)

Ramos

Jon Flanagan

Liverpool fullback in 2013/14. Had a good season that year. Never heard his name afterwards though.
Good shout.

Close to being both a PL winner and going to the WC (was on stand-by). Now without a club at only 27. Bizarre career.

GameOn

Shinji Kagawa.

Coincidentally I recently thought about our former players this past decade and he crossed my mind.

I then looked up where he was playing and found out that he has no club atm.

Shocking fall from grace, especially since he's still only 31 years old.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Am I misremembering or did he have a spell at City? I seem to remember him going to City on loan.

Why am I even asking you? I could easily just wiki search his name :lol:

Edit- indeed he did, 7 whole games in 2008!

Irrational.

Geovani (Ex Man City who scored the winner against us one time :mad:)
City had a list of useless Brazilians that they bought after the takeover before they struck gold with Fernandinho and maybe Ederson:

Giovanni
Robinho
Elano
Jo
Maicon
Fernando
Danilo
Gabriel Jesus (verdict still out considering the reputation he arrived with)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

City had a list of useless Brazilians that they bought after the takeover before they struck gold with Fernandinho and maybe Ederson:

Giovanni
Robinho
Elano
Jo
Maicon
Fernando
Danilo
Elano was actually really good.

RashyForPM

Giovanni
Robinho
Elano
Jo
Maicon
Fernando
Danilo
Even Ederson is very overrated. He’s clearly a wonderful footballer who could easily play in midfield if he had the stamina, but for me, he’s just a decent shot-stopper. You’ll find better ones at Burnley, Leicester, Wolves etc. Even our number two is better than him at pure saving.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just got reminded of Jackson Martinez by a mate, due to him now becoming a Colombian hip hop artist.

Only 5 years ago he moved from Porto to Atletico for 35m

Bole Top

Manuel Fernandes
Marcell Jansen
Martin Petrov
Lucas Neill
Zat Knight
Martin Laursen
Enner Valencia
David Wheater
Vlad Chiriches
C. Chivu
Leto, Insua & Paletta, Liverpool legends
Matias Fernandez

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just got reminded of Jackson Martinez by a mate, due to him now becoming a Colombian hip hop artist.

Only 5 years ago he moved from Porto to Atletico for 35m
Career wreck injury who became a chronicle disease. In his last seasons he could only train three times a week max and could never play the ful 90 minutes.