Players you have never seen play well

Untd55

Lewandowski. Never watch the Bundesliga, but every time I watch him the CL/World Cup/Euros he seems to always miss easy chances and doesn't seem to do a lot.

Cloud7

Griezmann fits this for me. Going back to his time at Atletico, I don’t think I ever watched him and thought “Goddammit this player is something else”. Even when we were linked with him, sure I was excited because he happens to put up great numbers, but to my eyes I never really saw it.

Haddock

For the longest time it was Cavani and then Lewandowski. Obviously I know they are bloody good (and I have seen them have good games now) but they have had some shocking games. Lewandowski in particular bottles it in every international/big European game I've watched him in.

Di Maria, Roman Shirokov and Dani Alves are probably the opposite of this.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Looks like we are about to sign the most mentioned player on this thread. Awesome.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most of these players mentioned are all world class who've stepped up in major tournaments and champions league.

However.....watching him again tonight, is there something I'm missing with Benjamin Mendy? Mediocre passing, poor positonal sense, all in evidence again tonight yet he's a regular week in week out player in a Guardiola side. Interesting one.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Most of these players mentioned are all world class who've stepped up in major tournaments and champions league.

However.....watching him again tonight, is there something I'm missing with Benjamin Mendy? Mediocre passing, poor positonal sense, all in evidence again tonight yet he's a regular week in week out player in a Guardiola side. Interesting one.
Nope, he’s just a terrible player.

Pav1878

For the longest time it was Cavani and then Lewandowski. Obviously I know they are bloody good (and I have seen them have good games now) but they have had some shocking games. Lewandowski in particular bottles it in every international/big European game I've watched him in.

Di Maria, Roman Shirokov and Dani Alves are probably the opposite of this.
Erm, Di Maria? Seriously? Did you ever see him play for United towards the end? Absolutely terrible. Coward of a player. Turned it on at real and psg but for us he was fecking shite.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
For what it is worth, I have seen Cavani play well numerous times. But at club level, this was only with Palermo :D

starman

Reading through this thread some of the opinions, be it in the match day thread or transfer forum begin to make sense..

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

I totally agree with you. Mendy is just a disaster

alanjohnson

Erm, Di Maria? Seriously? Did you ever see him play for United towards the end? Absolutely terrible. Coward of a player. Turned it on at real and psg but for us he was fecking shite.
van gaal was the real coward. he didnt have the guts to drop rooney who was letting the whole team down. He prob thought 'i dont want to lose the dressing room, rooney has influence', so in turn he picked on the likes of depay and dimaria to make himself look good.
di maria was dropped repeatedly, played out of position. by the end, di maria no longer cared.
he could have been a special player with the right man manager.
Jose did get rid of rooney, but then he replaced him with pogba, who is exactly the same mentality wise.

Barnslig

Same, every time I have watched a match he has been involved in I can't remember him doing anything :lol: not watched him a great deal tbh though.
I'm in the same boat, watched a fair few PSG matches when Ibra was there, don't think I've ever seen a match where I've thought he stood out or played particularly well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did you guys miss Uruguay vs Portugal at the 2018 World Cup?

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Another player who I watched a lot but cannot remember producing a good display is Milan's Franck Kessie. He always seems to lose the ball and try pointless drives from range when I watch.
He was mostly awful in 2019, but is growing into a monster since the team's switch to 4-2-3-1.

You'll still be disappointed if you're expecting a Pogba, but that's not the type of player Kessie is.
Kessie is the engine of the team, whereas Pogba is the icing on the cake.

Sparky Rhiwabon

For the longest time it was Cavani, until 2018 or 2019.
Apparently Cavani was a 30+ goal a season striker for years. But whenever I watched him live he was bang average.
Cavani - I always used to see his name pop up on scoresheets yet every time I watched him, he seemed like a useless donkey.
Edinson Cavani was this for literally years. Incredible stats every season but I just never saw him play well. He broke that a couple of years ago though & ive seen him play well now.
Agree with the Cavani and Zlatan shouts.
Cavani, always scores goals but is mostly useless anytime I see him play.
It is very true only thing I saw about him that was commendable that for a striker he often tracked back. Maybe this is why he is struggling to find a club who will pay him just half of his PSG salary.
Feckerty Feckerson

ArjenIsM3

This, and Alli and Sterling. Either they never play well or their good performances are just forgettable.
I've seen Sterling play well but I agree about Alli. With Sancho it's a weird one. He's got fantastic stats for Dortmund but every time I watch one of their games (not often mind) or watch him play for England he's been underwhelming.

RashyForPM

I've seen Sterling play well but I agree about Alli. With Sancho it's a weird one. He's got fantastic stats for Dortmund but every time I watch one of their games (not often mind) or watch him play for England he's been underwhelming.
With Sancho, I watch him for England, in the CL and against Bayern, and have never seen him play well once. It’s strange, considering his hype and stats. I’ve probably seen Sterling play well, but I just associate him with tap ins now. Half his goals really are just low crosses from Walker, Mahrez or KdB to him at the back post.

Bobade

Sterling for me. I know he obviously has a lot in his locker and I'm not disputing he is a quality player, but I feel like any time I watch him he just...isn't. He either misses sitters or does nothing.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

He was a machine at Monaco, performing highly in the Champions League, and even initially at City. Litany of knee injuries since then have impaired his mobility and rhythm.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benjamin-mendy/verletzungen/spieler/157495

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aubameyang...when i have him in my fantasy team.
Always seems to be hanging about out wide nowhere near the play