Players you rate who others don't seem to

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Milner - I wanted us to sign him on a free after City. Really good professional and quite underrated.

Kompany - I never thought he was overrated in his prime. Very intelligent defender.

Giroud - Very reliable scorer, used to get too much criticism from Arsenal fans.

wythyred

Gary Cahill - Been a great CB for Chelsea for a long time now and was always very good on the ball. Remember wanting us to sign him from Bolton a few years back.

Cavani - Everyone says he's overrated and misses lots of chances but I think he is a world class striker and his work rate, technique, strength and aerial ability are incredible.

JonJo Shelley - Brilliant passer of the ball and should be going to the World Cup i love his aggression and think a club like Arsenal that are full of snowflakes could do a lot worse that signing him.

yardieUnited

will Hughes at Watford, I rate him and honestly wanted him at our club, he isnt the typical English midfielder, he has flair,very good technique and is hardworking, though tackler.

I like to say Barkley, Barkley is talented player but needs to be coached right. Barkley would've been fantastic under a coach like Fergie .

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
100% Giroud. In my honest opinion I think he's the most underrated player in Premier League history. Looks dangerous every time I see him. I fear him over Hazard, Willian & Morata combined for the cup final.

I'll also say Mignolet. I don't "rate" him per say, but I think he's a lot better than people make out. He's an excellent penalty stopper & I've seen him have more good games than horror shows. I don't think there's too much between him & our Romero.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Milner - I wanted us to sign him on a free after City. Really good professional and quite underrated.

Are you serious? Do you know how much uproad there would be amongst us United fans.

Signing a player who has played for Uniteds 3 most hated clubs in Liverpool, City and Leeds would be catastrophic.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Aaron Hughes at Watford, I rate him and honestly wanted him at our club, he isnt the typical English midfielder, he has flair,very good technique and is hardworking, though tackler.

I like to say Barkley, Barkley is talented player but needs to be coached right. Barkley would've been fantastic under a coach like Fergie .
Aaron Hughes is a 38 year old defender, I think (I hope) you mean Will.

Revaulx

Kompany - I never thought he was overrated in his prime. Very intelligent defender.

Giroud - Very reliable scorer, used to get too much criticism from Arsenal fans.
Agree with all three. Milner’s underrating is down to him playing for crappy or hated teams, and his being misused by England managers.

Kompany’s problem (apart from his large head) has been his injury record. And playing for City...

Chipper

Adulterer.
James Tomkins. He's not top class but I rate him higher than some central defenders who have been capped or talked about potentially being capped by England.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Shelvey is a good shout. Has the ability to play for a top six team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Smalling, Romeu, Mané, Harry Arter of the top of my head.

montpelier

Shelvey is a liability & he can't run.

Giroud can't run either so teams will tend to just push him out & there's no ''up top'' threat to get in behind - he wouldn't reach the goal before defenders have covered back anyway. Amazing he's reached the standard that he has in a way. I do think he's a very gifted footballer & anyone saying that he's crap is wrong but for sole striker role at a top European club he's just not gonna quite do it is he?

I don't mind Valencia as much as a lot of people. Constantly getting into good forward positions, much better than he used to be defensively. Good commitment, pushes his winger back. Erm... I sense however that some people might think that AV's end product & quality of the ball in to the box may not be quite up there with the very best ever to played RB, possibly..... :D.

Revan

Assumptionman
Blind. I think that he is a very good player in three different positions, but Mourinho seems to not rate him at all despite that he has been quite good when played.

Banat

Nani
Giroud (don't think he is world class or something I just rate him as a solid player)

slored1

Ramsey, Eric Dier, Lallana. All three very underrated for me.

Bobski

Milner seems the right call here. Great engine, can play in numerous positions, team mentality and more ability on the ball than given credit for, would be a useful option in any squad.

Cavani another good choice, might have gone slightly past his peak now but 2-3 years ago he had a decent shout to be seen as one of the best all round strikers in the game, erratic finisher but he did so much other work which impacted the game.

Romero at Utd, a pity for him that he is stuck behind De Gea because he is an excellent keeper, and it is rare that he does not impress in his few games. Too good to be only a back up.

jesperjaap

Milners career has been baffling to me. Why so many managers have played him out wide is strange with his lack of pace. His stand out season was cm for Villa, got him a big move to City and it has taken years for him to be used there again, by Klopp this year. Always thougth he is a rubbish full back, missing to many attributes to ever be a top wide player but has all the attributes to be a top cm.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Rakitic, he's been great for Barcelona and he's one of the best midfielders in the world. I don't think he gets rated highly enough because he replaced Xavi and he's not a similar kind of player.

Cloud7

Adam Johnson.

Prior to his.....exploits.....I always rated him when he was at City and felt like he could have been really good if Fergie got his hands on him.

JSArsenal

100% Giroud. In my honest opinion I think he's the most underrated player in Premier League history. Looks dangerous every time I see him. I fear him over Hazard, Willian & Morata combined for the cup final.
Come again?

How many times have either of you two seen him?

He's never scored more than 20 premier league goals in a season. In fact he's only scored above 20 goals in all competitions twice, since he came to England.

You know who has the longest scoring drought of strikers in Arsenal history? Giroud with 15 straight Premier league games without a goal.

The second longest drought? Giroud with 11 games.

A very reliable scorer indeed........

El Pasillo

Come again?

How many times have either of you two seen him?

He's never scored more than 20 premier league goals in a season. In fact he's only scored above 20 goals in all competitions twice, since he came to England.

You know who has the longest scoring drought of strikers in Arsenal history? Giroud with 15 straight Premier league games without a goal.

The second longest drought? Giroud with 11 games.

A very reliable scorer indeed........
IIRC, Özil made 19 assists during 15/16 season & only needed one more to equal Henry's 20 assists in a single PL-campaign when Giroud had that goal drought

The revisionism about Giroud on this thread is staggering, people used to mock them for not signing a better striker.

But to be fair to Giroud, he's actually a decent sub to throw in.

Chipper

Adulterer.
People coming in to this thread disputing other people's choices, saying they're being overrated. Think about it, what do you think you're proving? :lol:

If a player gets named there's a good chance you're going to disagree that he's good/underrated, it's the whole point of the thread. It's not called 'players you rate just right and everyone agrees with you'.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Benteke.

Well not this season as he's been awful so up to him if he has desire to get his career back on track but 18 months back he was on same level as Lukaku pretty much.

drdoityourself

Van Aanholt. Big threat going forward and getting better defensively.

I also rate Jonjo Shelvey highly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lingard aswell although not sure if the general mood of Redcafe has soften towards him in recent times.

redIndianDevil

Milners career has been baffling to me. Why so many managers have played him out wide is strange with his lack of pace. His stand out season was cm for Villa, got him a big move to City and it has taken years for him to be used there again, by Klopp this year. Always thougth he is a rubbish full back, missing to many attributes to ever be a top wide player but has all the attributes to be a top cm.
Because he is not a creative central midfielder especially for a top club. He is just like Young has been for us, great engine, will play anywhere, never injured.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Shelvey is a myth. Milner is definitely one of the most underrated players of the last decade.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually think Henderson is a pretty good player, he plays a very important role in the Liverpool side and I think he'll be one of England's most important players with the new systems we've been trying out.

Lebo

Anderson, Nani, Rafael , Robinho , Mario Gomez, Tevez. I know the latter is rated highly by everyone but I just rate him higher. Ie higher than Suarez, Lewandoski, Benzema, Lukaku, etc.