• Sancho
  • Elanga
  • Ronaldo
Youngers to be promoted:
  • Laird
  • Garner
  • Mejbri
  • Garnacho
We will then need to buy around 9 or 10 new players across the next 3 transfer windows.

I'd go with this myself, personally long term we need a better keeper as well but given his up turn in form he's less of a priority now.

SER19

Go (First team players)
Maguire
Bailly
Jones
Pogba - Poison
Mata
Matic
Rashford
Martial
Lingard

Id be stunned if more than 2 were still here next season

Von Mistelroum

Players I would definitely look to move on:

Martial - hard to even see him as a footballer
Lingard - far below United quality and not the sort of personality we need
Pogba - can't hack it here but thinks he's above us somehow
AWB - wrong type of right back
Telles - low quality player
Dalot - see Telles
Mata - too old and limited
Matic - too old
Bailly - not United level. Barely fit ever
Jones - see above

I would also put a huge question mark over a Rashford. Is there a player in there? He seems to be heading towards being the next Martial at an alarming pace, and over Maguire also for obvious reasons. He doesn't look like he has a clue these days but I feel that ETH might be able to get something out of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Much easier to just list the ones I don't want sold.
Varane
Dave
Sancho
Fred
Lindelof
The rest should leave.

Andersons Dietician

The ones I would keep.

DeGea
Varane
Lindelof
Fred
McT
Donny
Sancho
The kids.

Ones on the periphery , stay or go.
Bruno
Rashford
Shaw ** The only one I see fitting in to THG’s way of playing
Bissaka

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A lot of people are putting Henderson for the sell list… I actually think ten Hag could prefer him, he prefers keepers who are good with there feet and if he’s planning on playing an high line with most of the football being played in the opposition halve then he’s going to need a sweeper keeper, he edges that over de gea.

get rid of:
Maguire
Jones
Lingard
Tuanzebe
Matic
Mata
Martial
Pogba
Telles
Cavani
Mctominay

it’s a shame a few of them are going on a free, should of took money for pogba when we could of and got a decent replacement for him. I think our full backs need a massive upgrade, look at the best 2 teams in the league with there full backs, especially Liverpool, they use there full backs for a lot of creativity but all the best teams that play good football have there full backs high up the pitch and we can’t with the crap we’ve got.

Mike Smalling

Get rid (or already leaving):
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Lingard
Greenwood
Cavani
Grant
Henderson
Bailly
Martial
Jones
Maguire

Keep in the short term, but replace within 2-3 years:
Ronaldo
Rashford
Dalot
Wan-Bissaka
Shaw
Telles
McTominay
van de Beek

Keep for long term:
Sancho
Elanga
De Gea
Fred
Fernandes
Varane
Lindelof

slored1

100% get rid:
Cavani
Pogba
Mata
Lingard
Jones
Bailly
Telles
AWB
Matic (going anyway)
Martial
Pereira
B. Williams

If/when an acceptable offer comes in:
Rashford
Maguire
Shaw
De Gea
Henderson
Lindelöf
Dalot
McTominay
Van de Beek
Ronaldo (would rather keep but he's on astronomical wages)
Tuanzebe

Keep:
Fred
Sancho
Varane
Elanga
Bruno (would be in the second group but we extended his contract)

stevoc

Out

Cavani - confirmed leaving
Pogba - out of contract. I hope he feck off from this club.
Lingard - out of contract. Just go and take your shite brand away.
Greenwood - could be in jail soon
Matic - confirmed leaving
Mata - too old, but thanks for service. Never complains on the bench.
Jones - forever injured and rot in reserve, only played a few games every season, just let him go
Bailly - has been backup for years, he has some talent as a player but abit unreliable at times as defender. Perhaps should just let him go.
Henderson - not content to be backup keeper, selling him may raise more funds, will have many suitors

Backup (can keep or sell)

McFred - keep for bench depth. They can't pass, no talent, but willing to workkhard and press
Elanga - keep for bench depth. Not talent enough, but willing to work hard and press
AWB - keep for bench depth. Can't attack, but still good tackler
Dalot - keep for bench depth. Can't defend, but can attack
Telles
- not happy with his defending, but don't mind if he is only a backup
Shaw - keep for bench depth. Hopefully will find his form.
Lindelof - keep for bench depth. He is average but ok.
Martial - Has been totally shite for 2 years, very lazy, but we may struggle to find any suitor, may keep for another year for bench depth

May not suit Ten Hag football (can keep another season to decide):

Maguire - very poor form this season, too slow, error prone, can't play high line def, tends to slow things down, but still very strong in the air
Rashford - very poor form this season, tends to always runs blindly into opponents legs, always loss possession, tends to get lazy at times, and can't pass. But he has pace and can do a run in counter attack
Bruno - poor form this season, always loss possession, not a ball possession type of playmaker, which doesn't seem suit ETH football, but has good final balls and end products, which is valuable to the club

Keep

De Gea - our most consistent player this season, always does his job for us
Ronaldo - our best outfield player this season, the only player who has shown right mentality to play for this club, still a top goalscorer, delivers in big moment. I know he is very old and not at right age to build for future, and he may not want to play for a team without CL football too, but hope he stays.
Sancho - disappointing season, but look promising at times, will shine if plays in better team
Varane - always injured, but I reckon he is still a top class CB. No reason to sell.
VDB - I always rate his passing and build up play, but seems struggle with the pace in PL. Let's see if ETH can help him turn it around, he is ETH type of player afterall
Diallo - we've spend 25+15m on his potential/talent, he is still very young, lets keep him for few more years to see how he develops
Garnacho - our most talented youngster, could be good player for us, keep for future
Mejbri - our most promising youngster, could be good player for us, keep for future
Dalot can attack?

allen7

Keep these players
Sancho
Elanga
De Gea
Fred
Fernandes
Varane
Lindelof
Dalot

Others can be sold with replacements over next few windows

RedMilo

Like the above said easier to list the ones you want to stay but I will give you both anyway :-

Leave

De Gea or Henderson
Grant

Wan Bissaka
Telles
Maguire
Lindelof
Bailly
Jones

Pereira
Mata
Matic
DVB
Pogba
Lingard

Rashford
Martial
Greenwood (if found guilty)
Cavani

Stay

De Gea or Henderson
Heaton
Kovar

Dalot
Shaw
Williams
Laird
Mengi
Varane

McT
Fred
Bruno
Hannibal
Garner

Garnacho
Sancho
Elanga
Ronaldo

Sorry if Ive missed anyone. Suspect CR7 may leave, as we wont be in CL next season.

Bestietom

Get rid (or already leaving):
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Lingard
Greenwood
Cavani
Grant
Henderson
Bailly
Martial
Jones
Maguire

Keep in the short term, but replace within 2-3 years:
Ronaldo
Rashford
Dalot
Wan-Bissaka
Shaw
Telles
McTominay

Keep for long term:
Sancho
Elanga
De Gea
Fred
Fernandes
Varane
Lindelof
There is quite a few more out on loan who could be added to that list of get rid of also. If we need to sell players I would also add :-
Rashford
Dalot
Wan-Bissaka
Shaw
Telles
McTominay

stw2022

Rashford, Lingard, Matic, McTominay, Mata, Lindelof, Cavani, Pogba, Telles

Not all of them are terrible people but all need to be moved on

Oranges038

There's no denying the club needs a massive clearout.

It might be easier to list the player's you really would want to keep, from players who have featured regularly this season. I would want to keep for next year anyway.

Sancho
Bruno
Elanga

Others who could stay and get a chance Hannibal, Pellestri, Diallo, Garner, Laird, Mengi, maybe Donny.

The rest I would sell for any reasonable offer.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Was going through this yesterday with my mates and I think I worked out 10 were almost guaranteed to leave:
Pogba, Lingard, Jones, Matic, Mata, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Bailly, Periera.

Outside of that I would look for offers for:
Telles, Wan Bissaka, Henderson and possibly Rashford/Maguire though I’d be inclined to see them one more season under Ten Hag.

So that would leave a squad like this for first teamers:

GK:
De Gea / Heaton (+ new backup)

Defence:
Maguire
Varane
Lindelof
Dalot
Shaw
(+ new fullback)

Midfield:
Fred
McTomminay
VDB
Bruno (could be classed as attacker)
(+ 2 midfield signings)

Attack:
Ronaldo
Sancho
Rashford
Elanga
(+ 2 attacking signings - RW and ST)

In certain places that looks incredibly light such as midfield and CB but that’s where we will have to utilise our academy players like Mengi, Garner, Mejbri etc. Personally I think depending on who the signings are that would leave us in a much more balanced position than this season.

Mike Smalling

There is quite a few more out on loan who could be added to that list of get rid of also. If we need to sell players I would also add :-
Rashford
Dalot
Wan-Bissaka
Shaw
Telles
McTominay
Yes, I excluded the youngsters like Williams, Garner, Amad, Shoretire, Hannibal, etc. If they can contribute, great, but we don't need to get rid soon.

In terms of the players you mention, I think we also have to be realistic in terms of how many players we can ship out and bring in, in this upcoming transfer window. So, we will likely need to keep some players around that we know aren't good enough to be challenging for the top titles, because we cannot possibly replace 15 players in one summer. Most of those you mention, can be useful in a transition phase, I believe.

Bestietom

Yes, I excluded the youngsters like Williams, Garner, Amad, Shoretire, Hannibal, etc. If they can contribute, great, but we don't need to get rid soon.

In terms of the players you mention, I think we also have to be realistic in terms of how many players we can ship out and bring in, in this upcoming transfer window. So, we will likely need to keep some players around that we know aren't good enough to be challenging for the top titles, because we cannot possibly replace 15 players in one summer. Most of those you mention, can be useful in a transition phase, I believe.
Maybe keep Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire,

Mike Smalling

Maybe keep Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire,
Yes, especially Garner I have high hopes for. Would be great if he could act as a squad player, since we will be paper thin in midfield with Pogba and Matic leaving (pending transfers obviously).

Lanesy

Lingard
Pogba
Matic
Mata
Jones
Grant
Henderson
Heaton
Martial
Bailly
Dalot
Telles
Maguire
Rashford (I think ETH will like him though)
Greenwood
Cavani
Maybe even Ronaldo too

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If I could somehow find buyers for all the players I'd like to sell:

Keepers:

De Gea - Sell. He is world class at one aspect of goalkeeping, while being amongst the worst in the league at every other single aspect.
Henderson - Sell if we can afford to get another goalkeeper who actually suits what Ten Hag wants amongst all the other things we need. Keep him as #1 for now if we can't. He's not great himself, but he's better than De Gea at communication, control of the box, willingness to play a high line, aerial ability, distribution, etc.
Heaton - Keep him if he's happy to stay as a cheap 3rd choice.
Grant - Release. No point having both he and Heaton on playing contracts. If he actually seems to be a good goalkeeping coach then bring him back in that role.

Defenders:

Shaw - Keep. He has the ability to not only be one of the best in the world, but also the attributes to play a big part in a 'modern' style. Give him one season to show if he can do it, but sell after that if he disappoints again.
Telles - Keep either him or Williams as back-up.
Williams - See above.

AWB - Sell. Incredibly limited player.
Dalot - Keep as cheap back-up.

Maguire - Sell.
Lindelof - Keep as a good 3rd choice.
Varane - Keep and hope that he gets over his injuries and that a run of games allows him to get into form.
Jones - Sell. It's pointless having back-ups who can't stay fit themselves.
Bailly - Sell. See above.

Midfielders:

Pogba - Release.
Matic - Release.
Fred - Keep as either part of the first choice midfield or as the first back-up.
McTominay - Sell if we sign enough midfielders that he's way down the pecking order, keep him as a squad player if we don't. Definitely not in the main 11 anymore though.
VDB - Keep as a bit of a bridge towards ETH's style in the short-term, then make the call on him the following season.

Atackers:

Bruno - Keep and hope that he can be 'tamed' a bit when surrounded with a proper style and players.
Rashford - I want to say 'keep' for one more season and see if he can turn it around under a manager who is (hopefully) moving us in the right direction, but I'm just about out of hope for him. Poor form is one thing, disinterest and laziness is another.
Sancho - Keep.
Greenwood - Release
Martial - Sell.
Lingard - Release.
Mata - Release.
Pereira - Sell.
Elanga - Keep as back-up.
Ronaldo - Completely up to him and ETH to work out. If ETH thinks he can be important either as first choice or as back-up, and if Ronaldo is happy with that, keep him. If not, thank him and sell/release.
Cavani - Release.

So overall, the 15 players I'd definitely sell/release (with a few other borderline cases):

De Gea
Grant
Telles or Williams
AWB
Maguire
Jones
Bailly
Pogba
Matic
Greenwood
Martial
Lingard
Mata
Pereira
Cavani

GL21

Genuinely the only ones in my opinion fit to represent the club are DDG, Varane, Bruno, Sancho, elanga. Whether or not they are currently displaying the kind of quality we expect is another thing but these players are very capable.
Those who I think have to stay be default are Maguire...intangibleto sell for right fee, Lindelof....has improved, Shaw...can play albeit mostly for england, McT...not young anymore but still think he has potential for team, Fred...shite footballer but improved a lot further forward, DVdB...needs an opportunity, Williams surely deserves a season? Surprised to see animosity towards a local player with good attitude, Henderson...depending on chances.
All the rest with the exception of youth I would be delighted to leave the club

davidmichael

Sell/Release:

Henderson, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Jones, Williams, Matic, Pogba, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Chong, Martial and Cavani.

I’d happily move AWB, Maguire, Telles, VDB and Rashford on too but I don’t see anyone taking them and I’d imagine Ten Hag will want to at least see if he can improve them with his coaching before trying to move them on.

That leaves us with De Gea, Heaton, Grant, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, Sancho and Ronaldo whilst Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Shoretire would move up full time to join Elanga into the first team.

We’d need to bring in a right back, centre back, defensive midfielder, playmaking or box to box midfielder, right sided attacker and a striker so at least 6 signings along with the 5 coming up from the under 23’s group.

Either of Mukiele or Mazraoui with Laird as right back, I like the look of Timber for centre back but Pau Torres also looks good. Kamara on a free is a must as defensive midfielder and Tchouameni would be cheaper than Rice even though Rice is my personal preference and I’d bring in Eriksen on a free as a playmaker.

Antony on the right looks more and more likely by the day but there’s no wrong answer between him or Raphinha although Raphinha would cost more due to already being in the league and also because he’s at Leeds who hate us, I’d like to bring Januzaj on a free back too as back up as he’s got his career back on track and looked good for a couple of years.

Up top it depends how Ten Hag wants to play as Nunez is more a proper number 9 but then Nkunku is much more of a press from the front type and is a lot more flexible which allows fluidity up top, if Ronaldo stays then he’s an out and out 9 these days so Nkunku offers something different.

oneloop31

Get rid - Martial, Pogba, Greenwood, Lingard, Mata, Maguire, Cavani, Bruno

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Telles
Maguire
AWB
Martial
Henderson
---
Mata
Matic
Lingard
Pogba
Cavani
---
Greenwood
Tuanzebe
Pereira
Williams
Chong

I'm on 15. I don't know how good Jones is anymore, because he never plays.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The players who I think will definitely go are:-

Pogba.
Mata.
Matic
Grant.
Cavani.

I feel that players like Henderson, AWB, Dalot, Telles, Maguire, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, Lingard, Chong, Levitt, Galbraith, Martial, Rashford may want to try to impress Ten Hag in the pre season, however Lingard would have to sign a new contract.

Martial and Rashford have certainly underperformed in recent times, but usually there is an underlying reason why that happens. If both come back in with a clean slate and feel good under a new manager, then they could both surprise us.

Unlike some other posters, I have no idea who or what is the problem within our dressing room, but I bow to you with your superior knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes at Old Trafford, and really hope that whatever, or whoever is the problem can be gone before the new season starts.

Memento28

Stay :

Varane
- Top player
Dalot - Backup
Lindelof - Backup
AWB - Backup

Bruno
- Top player
Van de Beek - Needs more chances to show his talent
Fred - Backup

Ronaldo - Scores a lot of goals
Elanga - Backup
Sancho - Give him more time to prove himself

Not sure :

Bailly
- Haven't seen much of him the last few matches
Telles - Good in attack but not in defense
Rashford - Might shine under the right manager

Go :

DDG
- Top keeper but it's time he moves on and won't suit ETH's style

Maguire - Looks clueless in defense these days
Jones - Not good enough

Mata - Past it
Matic - Past it
Pereira - Not good enough
Pogba - Doesn't want to play to his potential
Mctominay - Not good enough

Lingard - Not good enough
Martial - Average player
Cavani - ETH might prefer someone younger

Robertd0803

Being realistic because you cant replace everyone in the one window and we are already losing a lot if the squad as is so cant see the first team being gutted.

Ronaldo, De Gea, Sancho, Bruno and the youngsters can stay.

Varane needs to stay fit for the season otherwise he has to go next summer.

McTominay can stay as a squad player and Fred can stay until theres an upgrade.

DVB can have another go under Ten Hag and see how that works out.

Maguire/Rashford should be given some time to sort their heads out and get back to previous form. I reckon taking the captaincy off Maguire will go one of two ways, either he relaxes and finds his form or he sees it as a punishment and gets even worse.

Martial can go. AWB can go. Telles and Dalot need an upgrade. Shaw I dont trust behind the scenes so he can go fairly soon as well.

Bailly/Jones can go. Henderson seems to be trouble behind the scenes so he can go.

I reckon the big clear out will be summer 2023 somehow. Much an all as Id quite happily bin the majority of the squad I cant see us doing a huge clear out of contracted players when we have loads leaving already this summer.

Pogba can definitley feck right off right now for all I care.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Just the CBs, apart from Varane and maybe Bailly. They are all useless if you want to play a possession based pressing game. I suppose AWB as well as hes very poor on the ball. Other than that, with Ten Hag some players might flourish that are now tagged as not good enough.

Ten Hag will bring a game plan and clear tasks for all players. There will be some players thriving in it. No need to ship out everyone beforehand. Defense definitely needs to be sorted, other than that Id give ETH some time to work with the players before making big decisions.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Sell
Wan Bissaka
Rashford
Telles
Shaw - could keep as an expensive backup
Maguire
Martial

The Red Thinker

My list for guys who MUST go:

1. Mata
2. Matic
3. Pogba
4. Jones
5. Bailly (Instagram bullshit can feck off)
6. Telles (can't defend to save his life)
7. Martial
8. Lingard (dance away at West Ham, and stop talking to Scholes)
9. Cavani (retire please legend)

These are the MUST GO's. Culture reset is needed. At least 5-6 players in will change that.

choccy77

Good Bye

Maguire
Shaw
Bailly
Telles
Jones - I would fire him in a missile to the sun
Lindelof
AWB - I would keep him to come off the bench in attacking situations only - but he needs to improve his passing

Pogba
Mctominay
Mata
Matic

Martial
Lingard - He can join Jones on the way into the sun
Cavani

I'd Keep Ronaldo to help the young players in training for at least a season

Rashford, I'd let ETH have a pre season and season with him.

Kaushal

If we could without any restriction then
Maguire
Shaw
AWB
Dalot
Henderson
Bailly
Jones
Mctominay
Rashford
Martial
Perriera
Greenwood

Plus the ones whose contracts are up. Just clean out the whole lot. If only

Matthew84!

Wow, I don't know what games you've been watching but wanting Varane to stay when he can't stay fit and when he does he's bang average is absolutely insane.
Out
every player I'd put up for sale except Bruno, Sancho, Rashford would be gone in Jan if he didn't improve.

Castia

Henderson
Jones
Bailly
AWB
Matic
Pogba
Lingard
Mata
Cavani
Martial

Id like the club to make a statement that nobody is irreplaceable and sell a big name. Maguire or Rashford would be ideal.

Castia

You say Ronaldo isnt the future.

Then you say Pedro Neto and Greenwood.

When have they ever proved they have the quality United needs. You think we can challenge City with a CF / ST duo of Greenwood and Neto?
Neto is going to be class unless his injury hampers his development, it’s the exact type of signing Liverpool would make then elevate them to the next level a bit like Jota and Diaz

Varane around town

Stay
De Gea - We'll have to swap him out for a more modern 'keeper at some point but not a priority
Lindelof - Could be decent squad player/retrained in another position
Varane - Fantastic
Shaw - We've seen Shaw be first class
Fred - Could suit Ten Hag
Bruno - Out best player despite a bad season.
Elanga - Worth keeping
McTominay - Every need squad needs a couple of players like him.
Sancho - Think there's a outstanding player in here
Rashford - Put him in last chance saloon.
Ronaldo - Still sharp. Worth keeping for one more season.

Go (First team players)
Maguire - Needs to go for his own sake
Telles - Not good enough
Jones- Do I need to explain?
Henderson- Not as good as he thinks
Dalot - Really not very good
Bailly - He wants to go.
Pogba - Going anyway
Mata - Past it
Matic - Past it
Martial - Wants out.
Lingard - Going.