Playing against low-block teams

Dominos

Not what I saw. We lost our shape as the game went on, which is to be expected. Having someone so accomplished in the air will make it far easier for us to find the opening goal.
How many clear chances did we create today? The xG figures I'm seeing for today are 0.89, at home against a bottom half team that's nowhere near good enough.

You're definitely going to have these types of games occasionally, however with United it's more of a routine occurrence whenever a team parks the bus that we're a very frustrating afternoon.

cyberman

Am I the only one who sees us scoring a lot against these teams? If anything it’s conceding against them that’s the problem

Dominos

We created quite a few opportunities during the 1st half when the players had energy in their legs, on a different day we would be 2-0 up by the half hour mark. During the 2nd half we found it more difficult as McTominay and Rashford looked very tired so we stood a bit further back.
I think people on here get overexcited every time we have a shot. Looking like a goal might be coming soon and consistently creating clear chances are 2 different things, the stats certainly don't suggest we missed a load of golden opportunities.

Ekeke

I think people on here get overexcited every time we have a shot. Looking like a goal might be coming soon and consistently creating clear chances are 2 different things, the stats certainly don't suggest we missed a load of golden opportunities.
What we had was pressure and lots of it. We had our most touches in the opposition box, etc.

That doesnt mean Palace didnt defend well, the keeper didnt make saves, or the ball wasnt cleared out for a corner etc.

It was a lot of pressure leading to opponent's mistakes and us very likely breaking the deadlock if we kept it up. After 30 mins or so we didnt keep it up. And despite that, we got a goal despite playing just like we did previously and being less impressive

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How many clear chances did we create today? The xG figures I'm seeing for today are 0.89, at home against a bottom half team that's nowhere near good enough.

You're definitely going to have these types of games occasionally, however with United it's more of a routine occurrence whenever a team parks the bus that we're a very frustrating afternoon.
Refer back to my first reply. It was very promising, but we predictably lost our shape because we've had all one training session. Just think what well be able to do with two training sessions, maybe even more! We keep that shape for most of the game abe we comfortably dispatch teams like this.