Playstation 3

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Before you start whinging about there being other threads, I've already looked and they are all Specific to games or ID's or whatever. If you can find another thread that covers it all I'll happily delete this one.

Anyways I wanted to witter on about my Playstation in one place so I thought I would do it here.

Games I have:

Little Big Planet.
More for my Girlfriend, I find it a bit fraustating at the moment but will try and get into it soon.

Need for Speed Shift.
Came was part of the deal and I haven't even opened it yet as I had it for XBox 360.

Red Dead Redemption.
Love it. Great game with a nice story. I couldn't get into GTA as I didn't really like the culture represented in the game, back in the Wild West really appeals to me though :D

GTA5 Prologue.
Love it, getting myself a bit moist and ready for the full game.

Games I have ordered.

COD6.
Nearly completed on the PC but want it for the Multiplayer. Does anyone know if I can use my Razer USB Keyboard and Mouse as controllers? I hate using console controls on FPS's :(

Fifa 10.
No doubt be playing some of you soon.

What am I missing? Any key titles I should be looking to buy?

Also are there any accessories worth getting? The motion sensitive one or the new Eye Toy?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Uncharted 1 & 2 without a doubt.

Also you shouldn't order FIFA 10, FIFA 11 is out soon.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
MGS 4

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Uncharted 1 & 2 without a doubt.

Also you shouldn't order FIFA 10, FIFA 11 is out soon.
Yeah I was going to hold back for just that reason but I have just found out I have 10 days off work as of tomorrow with jotting to do so £12.99 perished nextday delivery off amazon it seemed a good buy....

Biscuit1871

COD6? as in MW2? But no, you can't use your mouse and keyboard instead of a controller.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Uncharted 2 is amazing. God of Wwar 3 is really good.

In my opinion Metal Gear Solid 4 is the most overrated heap of crap I have ever played. Unless you want to watch a 10 hour movie (not a good one at that) with about 5 hours of actual gamplay.

Killzone 2 is okish, with dodgy controls.

Bioshock, GTA 4, Streetfighter 4, Assassins Creed 2 are all great games too

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The best game on PS3 by far at the moment is blur. What a game!!! A mix of Mario Carts and Tony Hawk. The online is fabulous aswell. Much much better than Uncharted, God of War and all that rubbish.

Another good tip are the music games if you are willing to invest in some instruments.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
MGS4
GTA4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Fifa 10
Red Dead Redemption
Killzone 3

I think these are the best games on the ps3.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Saints Row 2 is awesome. It's like GTA but without taking itself too seriously.

Mirror's Edge is also brilliant and is pretty cheap at the moment as well.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are good if you enjoy RPGs.

Assasin's Creed 1 & 2 also good games although they can get a bit repetitive.

Burnout Paradise is the best online racing game I've played and the singleplayer is good fun too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Uncharted 2 is amazing. God of Wwar 3 is really good.

In my opinion Metal Gear Solid 4 is the most overrated heap of crap I have ever played. Unless you want to watch a 10 hour movie (not a good one at that) with about 5 hours of actual gamplay.

Killzone 2 is okish, with dodgy controls.

Bioshock, GTA 4, Streetfighter 4, Assassins Creed 2 are all great games too
Couldn't agree more about MGS4.

There's more fun to be had going to the dentist.

Has anyone mentioned Red or Dead Redemption yet? Cracking game IMO. Second only to Uncharted.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have this problem with my ps3, I am using our university network and I can access the internet on my console without any problem.It's just that when I try to connect the console to the psn that it gives me this "connection timed out" message and I have searching for answers for 3 days now without any result.It isn't a problem of speed that's one thing I'm really sure of.
Help me caftards :(
O

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So my kids gets a Ps3 at xmas. Then my missus discovered this email today -

To: .......
Sent: Fri, 14 January, 2011 11:53:17
Subject: PLAYSTATION®Network: Account Warning

Dear ...............,

We are contacting you regarding your PLAYSTATION®Network account and your
recent online activity.

On 13/01/2011, we noted that your online activity in Little Big Planet ,
was not acceptable for the following reason(s): Offensive text.

When you signed up to the PLAYSTATION®Network you agreed to be bound by the
Terms & Conditions of the service. We request that you change your
behaviour to adhere to these conditions.

To assist us in maintaining the quality of our service and to ensure that
the PLAYSTATION®Network is a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone,
we have implemented a system of formal warnings and possible suspensions.

In this instance we do not believe your actions warrant a suspension, but
please be advised that any further breaches of the Terms & Conditions may
result in a formal warning or even a temporary or permanent suspension of
your account from the PLAYSTATION®Network.

We kindly ask that you respect other PLAYSTATION®Network users and enjoy
the service as it was intended.

Yours Sincerely,
The Community Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Official PlayStation website
What could the little fecker have said or done? My missus has told me he is denying it completely

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Could have said or done anything, all it takes is some kid to get the hump with you and they can hit the report button.
but on Little Big Planet? Its hardly a competitive game is it? (although I have never really played it)

Biscuit1871

If Sony are anything like mircosoft it's probably something to do with him openly admitting he was gay.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Does he have a microphone that he uses? If so he probably called someone gay too many times. If not he might have sent them a message over PSN calling them gay. Or someone reported him for no real reason about a billion times.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Question:

Will Ps3 games and Blu Ray movies bought in the States work over here?

Usually I know the answer is no. But I have heard Blu Ray Discs may be different.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Question:

Will Ps3 games and Blu Ray movies bought in the States work over here?

Usually I know the answer is no. But I have heard Blu Ray Discs may be different.
They have regions as well sadly, you'll have to check if it's a multiregion disc before you buy.

Although the vast majority of them are multiregion. If the game has a 1 on the spine with part of a sphere on it then it's multiregion. If it has a letter instead then it's regional.

WeasteDevil

Region free games and Linux support were two of the ideas Kutaragi had to discourage hackers. You could have your homebrew under Linux, and you could play any game from anywhere. Then they sacked him. He did produce a console that cost $850 per unit to make to be fair to them.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
It would appear I have finally given to temptation and got myself a PS3. £96 for one off eBay. 60GB original. Seller said it had YLOD and was repaired and is working like new again. GT is my first purchase for it but what else should I look to, I've played LBP and I'm not a fan of it. What's COD like on there in comparison to the 360 or shall I just keep my 360 version?

Lance Uppercut

Little difference in COD.

Most of the best choices have already been mentioned.

The PS3 is probably the best thing I have ever purchased.

Leg-End

Don't bother rebuying games that you already have, there are no major differences. But I would recommend you go straight to the good stuff which would be Uncharted 1&2.

Ekeke

Valkyria Chronicles if you like rpgs and/or turn based strategy games. You can get it on ebay for £15 or so. I'm actually spending more time on that than LBP2 at the moment

Its a lot like this

and has a really nice war story from multiple perspectives.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Don't bother rebuying games that you already have, there are no major differences. But I would recommend you go straight to the good stuff which would be Uncharted 1&2.
I meant to mention them they will be on my list to buy! I still remember Weaste putting up videos of the first Uncharted when it came out and loved the look of it back then!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Demon's Souls is great. It's simply awesome. Like it as much as I did Uncharted 2. I'm close to finishing it and I'm already thinking about the second playthrough.

I recommend the Ratchet and Clank games. Few games that can pull off such a neat gameplay and with good humor as well. It also has one of the greatest weapons in video game history.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It would appear I have finally given to temptation and got myself a PS3. £96 for one off eBay. 60GB original. Seller said it had YLOD and was repaired and is working like new again. GT is my first purchase for it but what else should I look to, I've played LBP and I'm not a fan of it. What's COD like on there in comparison to the 360 or shall I just keep my 360 version?
Go for MGS4, you could get it on cheap nowadays and it's ace. If you have 360 already you might have already played some of multiplatform classics such as Assassins Creed or GTA. Juat Cause 2 is another top notch fun game you could probably get for next to nothing now.

Biscuit1871

COD's worse on the Playstation 3.