Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just noticed that the PSVR has dropped in price everywhere and I'm sorely tempted - especially as I'm high risk and it would be nice to go further than my front door, even if it's virtually :D:houllier:. Sony have confirmed it will be compatible with the PS5 but is it worth getting one now or are they likely to produce a new souped up version within the next year? I'm not quite sure how the technology works ... does the quality of the headset have any bearing on the quality of what you're watching or is it all about the console (eg will you NEED a better headset to keep up with the technology or will the current one suffice?)
Just seen this. Yes it's worth getting one, but you should try before you buy if can can.

The current one will get a good bump due to a more powerful console and and that SSD. Move controller's still not optimal though, hopefully they release an upgraded set soonish...

Yea that first boss fight was what solidified how I felt about that game. Superb... (chef's kiss)

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
You heathen what was wrong with God of War????

I'd say Horizon Zero Dawn or Sekiro should be your next game.
God of War (thought it was awful, didn’t play past the first boss) :eek:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a fantastic game with a very good single player story campaign. Can't wait for Forbidden West to come out for PS5 :drool:
Okay, I guess the consensus is to give God of War another go...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can anyone recommend me some games? I switched fairly late from XB1 to PS4 this generation, and feel like I still have a lot to cover.

So far I’ve played:

- Uncharted 4 (tried playing the collection too, but the first game felt so outdated, I couldn’t get into it)
- Spider-Man
- Last of Us 1 & 2
- Jedi Fallen Order
- God of War (thought it was awful, didn’t play past the first boss)

Any others to get through? I prefer single-player narrative-driven games, no online multiplayer shite
Bro don’t even think about it. It would be like fecking your wife's sister without make up. Wait for PS5.

Bojan11

Bro don’t even think about it. It would be like fecking your wife's sister without make up. Wait for PS5.
I don’t know what’s stranger. That analogy or you telling him to get a console and not a PC.

Paxi

I don’t know what’s stranger. That analogy or you telling him to get a console and not a PC.
I’m just saying it would be incredibly stupid to get a PS4 or any iteration of the console, however bad of an analogy it was. Whatever you do, don’t get a PS4, or PS4 pro right now.

Although, it's a marvellous organisation, Sony, just fantastic.Nevertheless, wait for mid November.

Bojan11

I’m just saying it would be incredibly stupid to get a PS4 or any iteration of the console, however bad of an analogy it was. Whatever you do, don’t get a PS4, or PS4 pro right now.

Although, it's a marvellous organisation, Sony, just fantastic.Nevertheless, wait for mid November.
I think he’s bought it mate by the sounds of it.

Bojan11

In not too distant future, we’ll talk about graphical fidelity mate.
In the near future you’d be in the middle of my shit list between @Mr Pigeon and @esmufc07 who both stink, if you ever dare to attack the brand that my good friend @Alock1 build. He doesn’t need to log in and see your attacks on Xbox. What ever your problems are with Bill Gates just remember Alock is a ordinary man like us. Xbox is build by people like us. Think about that before you preorder one.

Paxi

In the near future you’d be in the middle of my shit list between @Mr Pigeon and @esmufc07 who both stink, if you ever dare to attack the brand that my good friend @Alock1 build. He doesn’t need to log in and see your attacks on Xbox. What ever your problems are with Bill Gates just remember Alock is a ordinary man like us. Xbox is build by people like us. Think about that before you preorder one.
I will reply in 7 days.

AaronRedDevil

Can anyone recommend me some games? I switched fairly late from XB1 to PS4 this generation, and feel like I still have a lot to cover.

So far I’ve played:

- Uncharted 4 (tried playing the collection too, but the first game felt so outdated, I couldn’t get into it)
- Spider-Man
- Last of Us 1 & 2
- Jedi Fallen Order

Any others to get through? I prefer single-player narrative-driven games, no online multiplayer shite
I hope your not talking about the new GoW. :nono:. I wasn’t a fan of the earlier ones tbh. The new GoW however is insanely brilliant and a hundred times better. Just pure epicness. Uncharted Lost Legacy, until dawn is a simple fun game of trying to keep your guys alive through the story with decisions. Yakuza 0 is a masterpiece if you want to try a Japanese game.

Moby

Dick
Uncharted 4 (tried playing the collection too, but the first game felt so outdated, I couldn’t get into it)
You'd be missing out on one the best games ever on this console in Uncharted 2. Yes the graphics might feel dates but majority of mechanics are still there and above all the story line is brilliant and immersive.

I played the entire collection this year and glad I went from 1-4 and followed the plot properly. Uncharted 1 is a bit meh for sure and a pretty bog standard treasure hunt compared to others but it doesn't take very long. But really the second one is the goat. Literally from the very first frame of the game and the way it starts is absolutely brilliant and one of my most enjoyable gaming sequences.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Meh.

Ainu

So far I’ve played:

- Spider-Man
- Last of Us 1 & 2
- Jedi Fallen Order

Horizon Zero Dawn has been mentioned already, I'd definitely recommend that. I'd add Nier: Automata, a rare RPG that combines excellent combat mechanics with fantastic storytelling.

If you're into FromSoft games: Bloodborne is the big exclusive of course. One of the greatest games of the generation for me.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Cuphead is coming to PS4. Perhaps even late today? Either way, if you have not played this game yet, it's a must-play. Absolutely fantastic game. I loved it so much I got every achievement on Xbox. I'm hopeful the DLC is going to come out real soon.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hope your not talking about the new GoW. :nono:. I wasn’t a fan of the earlier ones tbh. The new GoW however is insanely brilliant and a hundred times better. Just pure epicness. Uncharted Lost Legacy, until dawn is a simple fun game of trying to keep your guys alive through the story with decisions. Yakuza 0 is a masterpiece if you want to try a Japanese game.
GoW3 >> GoW4.

GoW4 for all the graphic goodness is repetitive as feck. I was yawning by the 6th time I had to fight the man with no name.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

So far I’ve played:

- Spider-Man
- Last of Us 1 & 2
- Jedi Fallen Order

First of, don't give up on God of War.
Bloodborne, Nioh 1&2, Sekiro, Dark Souls remaster & 3, Shadow of the colossus remaster, Persona 5, Horizon zero dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last Guardian, The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Journey, Divinity original sin 1&2, Pillars of Eternity 1&2, Celeste, Nier: Automata, Dragon Age: Inquisition, What remains of Edith Finch & FF7 Remake.

Edit: And Hollow Knight should be played by everyone.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What's people list of the best games released on the PS4 this year? They don't have to be exclusive. I think for me

Nioh 2
Ghost Of Tsushima
FF7 remake - part 1
The Last of US 2

Cyberpunk will probably take the cake.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
GoW3 >> GoW4.

GoW4 for all the graphic goodness is repetitive as feck. I was yawning by the 6th time I had to fight the man with no name.
I also found God Of War so overrated, I cannot for the life understand how many game sites rate as the best on the PS4. The only bits that were actually great was
Fighting Balder, which happened like twice.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Horizon Zero Dawn has been mentioned already, I'd definitely recommend that. I'd add Nier: Automata, a rare RPG that combines excellent combat mechanics with fantastic storytelling.

If you're into FromSoft games: Bloodborne is the big exclusive of course. One of the greatest games of the generation for me.
For my money, the best PS4 game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nah GOW is fecking brilliant, excellent combat, great story and classic soundtrack. I went into it thinking I wouldn’t really like it having never played the previous titles but I was so wrong, it’s a must play for me.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd go (exclusives only)..

1. God of War
2. Persona 5 (Royal)
3. Horizon
4. TLOU2
5. Spiderman

FFVII Remake and Uncharted 4 were good, too. Narrowly miss out.

Bojan11

IGN top 25 list

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-ps4-games

25. Nier: Automata
24. Monster Hunter World
23. Apex Legends
22. Yakuza 0
21. Tetris Effect
20. Dreams
19. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
18. Overwatch
17. Ratchet & Clank
16. What Remains of Edith Finch
15. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
14. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
13. Resident Evil 2
12. Ghost of Tsushima
11. Red Dead Redemption 2
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
9. Control
8. Marvel’s Spider-Man
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Grand Theft Auto V / GTA Online
5. Persona 5 Royal
4. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
2. The Last of Us: Part 2
1. God of War

TrustInJanuzaj

IGN top 25 list

24. Monster Hunter World
23. Apex Legends
22. Yakuza 0
21. Tetris Effect
20. Dreams
18. Overwatch
17. Ratchet & Clank
13. Resident Evil 2
12. Ghost of Tsushima
9. Control
8. Marvel’s Spider-Man
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Persona 5 Royal
4. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
1. God of War
Red Dead 2 should be far higher IMO. Its miles better than GTA and even games like Spiderman to be honest.

jem

So far I’ve played:

- Spider-Man
- Last of Us 1 & 2
- Jedi Fallen Order

It's strange, I also was a bit underwhelmed by God of War. I finished it, but couldn't understand the fuss. Anyway, I'm pretty new to all of it, but here are my favourites (in addition to what you've mentioned):

- Red Dead Redemption 2; Uncharted 2; The Witcher 3; Horizon Zero Dawn, Control; Arkham Knight (I also love Arkham Asylum and City, which have been remastered for PS4); Until Dawn

Irwin99

God of War was good but it just didn't really wow me. I can't really see what makes it so special but to each their own.

My top 5 would be;

Witcher 3
Persona 5
Resident Evil 2
Death Stranding
Alien Isolation (old game was out on the PS3 too but i still really liked it)

Feck, I just realized I wrote this on the page before.

TrustInJanuzaj

God of War was good but it just didn't really wow me. I can't really see what makes it so special but to each their own.

My top 5 would be;

Witcher 3
Persona 5
Resident Evil 2
Death Stranding
Alien Isolation (old game was out on the PS3 too but i still really liked it)

Feck, I just realized I wrote this on the page before.
GOW has a really unique and interesting one shot camera, never cuts away for yeh whole game. Great combat, good story and fantastic music. It’s undoubtably a special game, even if it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

el3mel

God of War for me might not just be the best PS4 exclusive, but probably the best Sony exclusive ever.

RedDevilRoshi

How the hell is Uncharted TLL higher up than RDR2 & Uncharted 4? Thought it was the most underwhelming game in the series.

Irwin99

Anyone have any guilty pleasure games in the PS4 era: games that are either disliked, very flawed or not very highly regarded but you have affection for them for some reason? I'll go with;

Final Fantasy Dissidia
MGS V
Final Fantasy 15
Game of Thrones: telltale

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Anyone have any guilty pleasure games in the PS4 era: games that are either disliked, very flawed or not very highly regarded but you have affection for them for some reason? I'll go with;

Final Fantasy Dissidia
MGS V
Final Fantasy 15
Car Mechanic Simulator ... I love that game. Wasted hours and hours and hours doing exactly the same things to really shitty looking rusty cars.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Final Fantasy Dissidia
MGS V
Final Fantasy 15
Mgs5 was wicked! Story was pretty poor but gameplay etc was loads of fun.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
IGN top 25 list

24. Monster Hunter World
23. Apex Legends
22. Yakuza 0
21. Tetris Effect
20. Dreams
18. Overwatch
17. Ratchet & Clank
13. Resident Evil 2
12. Ghost of Tsushima
9. Control
8. Marvel’s Spider-Man
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Persona 5 Royal
4. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
1. God of War
Last of Us Part 2 is being overrated. It's not as good as what these reviewers are giving it. Read Dead 2 being at that position is rubbish - it was a better game than Last of Us 2.

Irwin99

Mgs5 was wicked! Story was pretty poor but gameplay etc was loads of fun.
The gameplay was superb and easily the best in the series and I wasted so many hours getting the platinum but, it's still an unfinished game with an unsatisfying story. The twist at the end is fine, it's just how it's done that annoyed me (the mission just appears in the menu with no special prompt). The characters are very forgettable too; seriously, what happened to Ocelot?

On another note, I wasted so many hours getting those damn trophies :lol: