Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The gameplay was superb and easily the best in the series and I wasted so many hours getting the platinum but, it's still an unfinished game with an unsatisfying story. The twist at the end is fine, it's just how it's done that annoyed me (the mission just appears in the menu with no special prompt). The characters are very forgettable too; seriously, what happened to Ocelot?

On another note, I wasted so many hours getting those damn trophies :lol:
Aye platinumed it too. fecking running around hunting animals for the sanctuary. :lol:

Irwin99

Aye platinumed it too. fecking running around hunting animals for the sanctuary. :lol:
The worst for me was that damn first mission avoiding the man on fire's missile attacks :mad: Also the one with destroying the tanks in record time. Feck that mission.

Bojan11

Ghost of Tsushima should be way higher than 12 don't you think @Bojan11 ;)
No and my list is as follows

1. Yakuza Zero
2. Yakuza Kiwani 2
3. Judgement
4 .Yakuza 6
5. Yakuza Kiwani 1

Now for my non Yakuza or spin off lists. I missed off GTA because it’s a last gen game, so doesn’t count for me. The usual COD and Fifa, I am not going to bother putting them there. Some big third party games are missing because I probably played them on Xbox or PC. I haven’t played Horizon was planning on and then they announced the PC version, so I’d play it on that. I am waiting for the inevitable last of us 2 PS5 update to play that. Didn’t get round to playing lost legacy, but after seeing it high on that list I might do that.

1. God of War
2. FF7 Remake
3. Bloodborne
4. Persona 5
5. Nier Automata
6. Wolfenstein the new order
7. Dragon age Inquisition
8. Spiderman
9. Hitman
10. Tetris Effect

Honourable mentions to resogun and rocket league. Now your turn @esmufc07.

paulscholes18

IGN top 25 list

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-ps4-games

25. Nier: Automata
24. Monster Hunter World
23. Apex Legends
22. Yakuza 0
21. Tetris Effect
20. Dreams
19. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
18. Overwatch
17. Ratchet & Clank
16. What Remains of Edith Finch
15. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
14. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
13. Resident Evil 2
12. Ghost of Tsushima
11. Red Dead Redemption 2
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
9. Control
8. Marvel’s Spider-Man
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Grand Theft Auto V / GTA Online
5. Persona 5 Royal
4. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
2. The Last of Us: Part 2
1. God of War
Never heard of control

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Why make a DLC exclusive for a 3rd party game? They could have just skipped Spiderman

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
No and my list is as follows

1. Yakuza Zero
2. Yakuza Kiwani 2
3. Judgement
4 .Yakuza 6
5. Yakuza Kiwani 1

Now for my non Yakuza or spin off lists. I missed off GTA because it’s a last gen game, so doesn’t count for me. The usual COD and Fifa, I am not going to bother putting them there. Some big third party games are missing because I probably played them on Xbox or PC. I haven’t played Horizon was planning on and then they announced the PC version, so I’d play it on that. I am waiting for the inevitable last of us 2 PS5 update to play that. Didn’t get round to playing lost legacy, but after seeing it high on that list I might do that.

1. God of War
2. FF7 Remake
3. Bloodborne
4. Persona 5
5. Nier Automata
6. Wolfenstein the new order
7. Dragon age Inquisition
8. Spiderman
9. Hitman
10. Tetris Effect

Honourable mentions to resogun and rocket league. Now your turn @esmufc07.
I haven't played any Yakuza games yet. Is it that good? Final fantasy might not work for me because I think I will have no clue what is happening as I never played the original.

I was burnt out after playing 4 Uncharted games back to back that I skipped Lost legacy. Didnt know it will be that high on list.

Bloodborne is great and probably is No 2 for me this generation after God of War.

Bojan11

Yakuza games are brilliant, if you into Japanese games. Great combat, story and a lot of side content to do.

The Spider-Man avengers exclusivity thread on resetera has reached like 20 pages in 30 mins on resetera.

Don’t mind third party exclusives as long Sony or MS are funding said games. If Sony revive and fund something like Silent Hill then great. But this timed DLC and console exclusive at launch from both is annoying. Especially as Spider-Man is a key character in the avengers. I was going to get it on PS4 anyway, but can see why it’s going to be annoying for people who are going to buy it on PC or Xbox. It might not even stop there. Xbox gets black panther as exclusive. PC gets black widow. It’s just silly for these type of games.

Not sure how Spider-Man game rights work. But from what I read Sony don’t own them as Ultimately Alliance 3 came out last year on Switch with Spider-Man.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
This generation:
1. Hollow Knight
2. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
4. God of War
5. Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana
6. Sekiro
7. Nier: automata
8. Ghost of Tsushima
9. Persona 5
10. Dragon quest 11

I would recommend anyone who like gaming to pick up Hollow Knight, and any rpg fan to pick up Ys 8.

Neither FF15 or FF7 remake makes my list. I really liked FF15 as a game, but it wasn't proper final fantasy feel to it. And FF7R I'm still not sure how I feel about.
Octopath Traveler gets a honorable mention.

Going purely by exclusives:
1. Bloodborne
2. God of war
3. Ghost of Tsushima
4. Persona 5
5. Final Fantasy 7 remake
6. Spider-Man

The rest don't interest me.

fergosaurus

Got F1 19, MotoGP 19 and Snooker 19 for a combined total of £37 in the PS store. All are great fun so far, especially the snooker as I haven't played a snooker game since the PS2 days.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Resident evil 3 remake is on sale atm on PSN for 29 quid. Worth it?

Sara125

Seen some amazing deals on the PS store this summer. I know 21 is coming out soon but if you haven’t already grabbed Fifa 20 it’s on sale to £4.19 until tomorrow.

padzilla

Hipster
Seen some amazing deals on the PS store this summer. I know 21 is coming out soon but if you haven’t already grabbed Fifa 20 it’s on sale to £4.19 until tomorrow.
Hey thanks for the heads up, I just bought a copy :)

EwanI Ted

The last time I tried a football game it was completely bewildering, with an infinite number of weird online modes thrust in your face. Quick question then, if I buy the game can I simply choose Man United and play a Premier League season? That's all I'm interested in.

Sara125

The last time I tried a football game it was completely bewildering, with an infinite number of weird online modes thrust in your face. Quick question then, if I buy the game can I simply choose Man United and play a Premier League season? That's all I'm interested in.
Yeah you don’t have to play online you can just do normal kick off against the AI, and leagues and competitions like CL etc.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think my 4 Pro is close to death. It started off by shutting off in Sleep Mode which should have told me there was something wrong but I put it down to software. Now it basically freezes every 30 seconds. Dead? I’ve tried initiation but cannot really go through all steps either because it keeps freezing for 1-2 minutes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think my 4 Pro is close to death. It started off by shutting off in Sleep Mode which should have told me there was something wrong but I put it down to software. Now it basically freezes every 30 seconds. Dead? I’ve tried initiation but cannot really go through all steps either because it keeps freezing for 1-2 minutes.
Cleaned it out? Sounds like it could be an overheating issues.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cleaned it out? Sounds like it could be an overheating issues.
I have cleaned it but it didn’t help. Today it doesn’t even turn on, freezes at an attempt within 30 seconds. Bringing this to a repair shop later.