Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

b82REZ

Huh? You need a camera, you already seem to know that ;)

They aren't that pricey though, but look first as trash like game have hiked prices. Should be around £30-40.
I know I need the camera to play games but I thought the console might still detect the headset when it was plugged in.

Not many places stock the camera so will have to order one.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I know I need the camera to play games but I thought the console might still detect the headset when it was plugged in.

Not many places stock the camera so will have to order one.
Have you set it all up right and switched it on? The processor unit and the headset should light up at least, but since the camera is what sees the headset I guess it makes sense for the PS4 to ignore it until it detects a camera too. If I get the chance later, I'll try it for you if you are worried.

b82REZ

Have you set it all up right and switched it on? The processor unit and the headset should light up at least, but since the camera is what sees the headset I guess it makes sense for the PS4 to ignore it until it detects a camera too. If I get the chance later, I'll try it for you if you are worried.
The power unit lights up and the setup got as far as powering the headset up so I'm inclined to think it is the camera, or lack of, that's causing the issue. I've found one in stock at CEX so I'll pick one up on my way home from work tomorrow.

b82REZ

Bought the camera but still no joy.

The power box is lit up white but the headset will not power up.

I've held the button down and tried unplugging and plugging everything back in and no luck.

Any ideas @Redlambs

Edit: is a standard ps4 and a psvr2 if that's any help.

Irwin99

Almost half a year gone and apart from RE2 there's not been a lot of new releases that I've really wanted to play. Waiting for Borderlands 3 and Shenmue though :drool:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Got round to finally picking up Persona 5. I already thought the game was pretty weird in the beginning, and then I ran into a boss in the first dungeon. What the holy feck?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I present to you the battle with my controller.

So I "fixed" my spare controller.

The problem was mainly the analog wasn't registering that I was pushing it sideways to the right, thus my player in games would walk instead of running.

After the battle with the controller and a long struggle, I:

Fixed the analog (yay)
Fixed the start button somehow (it wouldn't register before), no idea how I fixed it
Screwed up the light (don't care if it doesn't light when i'm playing)
Partially screwed up the vibration (feels weird) but nothing major

Was fairly satisfied that I exchanged the serious faults with minor faults :D

Ainu

I'm having an absolute blast with Nioh, it's so good. I actually love the non-continuous structure of the game. Being able to replay a mission and nailing it without a single death, including the boss that killed you 10+ times the first round, feels great. Perhaps it will start to feel repetitive further down the line but right now it's excellent.

Enemy and world design aren't on the same level as Soulsborne games but certainly not bad. It does feel like the bosses so far have been easier to master due to a more limited move set compared to Soulsborne games (certainly compared to Bloodborne and DS3). They can punish you until you get the patterns down, after which it's plain sailing. Though I'm still expecting greater challenges ahead obviously.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm having an absolute blast with Nioh, it's so good. I actually love the non-continuous structure of the game. Being able to replay a mission and nailing it without a single death, including the boss that killed you 10+ times the first round, feels great. Perhaps it will start to feel repetitive further down the line but right now it's excellent.

Enemy and world design aren't on the same level as Soulsborne games but certainly not bad. It does feel like the bosses so far have been easier to master due to a more limited move set compared to Soulsborne games (certainly compared to Bloodborne and DS3). They can punish you until you get the patterns down, after which it's plain sailing. Though I'm still expecting greater challenges ahead obviously.
Yep it's great. It's on the same level as BB for me, with DS1/3 above and Sekiro/Ds2 below.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Anyone knows when PS5 is expected to come out?

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
I really hope it is compatible to PS4 games as most games (That I play) like FIFA,2K,Madden and COD all come out from august until September.
It’s based on the same x86 architecture (unlike the PowerPC cell from the PS3) so it’s not a problem for it to be backwards compatible in the same way a PC can run games or software from yesteryear

SportingCP96

Supports
It’s based on the same x86 architecture (unlike the PowerPC cell from the PS3) so it’s not a problem for it to be backwards compatible in the same way a PC can run games or software from yesteryear
Might be a stupid question but...would the graphics for said game be better on the PS5 or is it just gone by the same engine of the game?

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Might be a stupid question but...would the graphics for said game be better on the PS5 or is it just gone by the same engine of the game?
Depends on if the dev patches it. The big difference between pc and console gaming is the variety texture packs. (A pc version of the game could have upto 4K textures stored) whereas a console version only has to work with one set of hardware so only has one setting. (Which is why to have performance/graphic fidelity increase there had to be patches for the pro). There may be an advantage in smoother more consistent framerates (but if the game was capped at 30fps that’s what it’ll be in the new hardware unless the devs patch it to take advantage of the said hardware) if they leave it to run of the hardware as opposed to creating a PS4 “mode” though.

SportingCP96

Supports
Depends on if the dev patches it. The big difference between pc and console gaming is the variety texture packs. (A pc version of the game could have upto 4K textures stored) whereas a console version only has to work with one set of hardware so only has one setting. (Which is why to have performance/graphic fidelity increase there had to be patches for the pro). There may be an advantage in smoother more consistent framerates (but if the game was capped at 30fps that’s what it’ll be in the new hardware unless the devs patch it to take advantage of the said hardware) if they leave it to run of the hardware as opposed to creating a PS4 “mode” though.
Ya that makes sense. Thank you! My PS4 sounds like a airplane so its Time for a new console:lol:

Ainu

Wipeout Omega Collection is free on PS Plus this month, that's excellent! Fully playable in VR as well, which is supposed to be great. The other game is Sniper Elite 4, not too bad either. This is a great month for me.

Irwin99

Three games I'm hoping to play in September are Borderlands 3, Man of Medan and Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (i'm almost certain it will launch in September on the 20th anniversary of the North American release date) . Got nothing to play at the moment though :(

Juts finished A Plague Tale:Innocence and thought it was really overrated. Some of the game mechanics were horrible despite it having an interesting setting and some good story ideas. Disappointing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been a bit of a barren year for games. I’m looking forward to Borderlands 3 and I guess Death Stranding but that’s about it.

Cloud7

Been a bit of a barren year for games. I’m looking forward to Borderlands 3 and I guess Death Stranding but that’s about it.
It’s been appalling, especially after last year that gave us (or at least gave me) God of War, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man and RDR2. I haven’t even bought a new game for this year, and I can’t even see one that I wanna get, at least not on PlayStation.

Raw

Sure is. Only one I bought this year is the CTR remake. Though I still have a backlog of games I want to get through so it's a bit of a blessing in disguise.