Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

With Sony pulling out of PAX and GDC due to corona virus it probably means this won’t be unveiled for some time.

AaronRedDevil

Pity they won’t just show it on the internet or make a separate conference in a different city.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm not necessarily sure that the consoles will be delayed (although it is possible) but there will be a bunch of game delays, apparently.

Bojan11

Do we think Coronavirus will delay the release of PS5 and Xbox?
Yes.

Sony were already having issues with supplies, so corona will further that.

Either both will do what Xbox did last gen which is release it in different territories at separate times. But I find that cnutish to do. Or they will just delay it till March 2021.

Would be disappointed, but not really fussed as lot of good games are coming out this year.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Sweet. If they've managed a way to do backwards compatibility with PS3 (even if just digitally) then I'm set for years.
Is that a realistic hope? If so, they have my immediate attention.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"it comes with a soap dispenser and built in virus scanner"

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
In regards to people going nuts about teraflops and digging into the minutiae of the specs on a console, i said in the xbox thread: the majority of people don't give a shite about all that, or what it means. That's why reading about the Xbox Series X just elicits a shrug of the shoulders. It means nothing without the games.

As for the PS5, looking forward to see what they have to say tomorrow. If those rumours about backwards compatibility with the PS1, PS2 and PS3 are true then that would be a dream. I doubt it though.

Castia

Looking forward to seeing what Sony have to offer.

I think Microsoft have done a great job with the new series X, gonna be an interesting generation this.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just hoping it’s 1TB and not 500GB
It'll definitely be 1TB. It's simply has to be, really. And even that isn't big enough, tbh. But they have to keep the price down so i can't see it being any bigger. They'll probably allow expandable storage, too, just like the Xbox Series X

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I said on here long ago that no one who knows anything gives a shit about "terraflops" that was always an industry buzzword to give the kids something to argue over. I used to love mocking weaste via PM every time he mentioned them himself :lol:

I also said not so long back that people have no worries with regards to if the PS5 can compete.

Rooney1987

In regards to people going nuts about teraflops and digging into the minutiae of the specs on a console, i said in the xbox thread: the majority of people don't give a shite about all that, or what it means. That's why reading about the Xbox Series X just elicits a shrug of the shoulders. It means nothing without the games.

As for the PS5, looking forward to see what they have to say tomorrow. If those rumours about backwards compatibility with the PS1, PS2 and PS3 are true then that would be a dream. I doubt it though.
I think it'll just the backwards compatible with just PS4 games, if it was all 25 years of PS I can't see them losing next gen even if it's more expensive and less powerful than it's rival. Being able to sell it as the ultimate Playstation.

It would be big for PSnow service, the entire PS catalogue from PS1 to PS4 with some PS5 games for 9.99. Need to compete with Game Pass this would help.

The Firestarter

It's so familiar, before people used to only spout about megapixels , ignorant about the fact that the cheap lens used in early smartphones provided much lower resolution than the actual sensor. Same here.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think it'll just the backwards compatible with just PS4 games, if it was all 25 years of PS I can't see them losing next gen even if it's more expensive and less powerful than it's rival. Being able to sell it as the ultimate Playstation.

It would be big for PSnow service, the entire PS catalogue from PS1 to PS4 with some PS5 games for 9.99. Need to compete with Game Pass this would help.
Yeah i can't see it being backwards compatible with all generations; would be amazing if it was though. I think PS Now is getting better. They announced not so long ago that Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Control were on there. I still haven't taken the plunge, but i may try the free trial just to play control. It is slowly catching up with Game Pass, though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah i can't see it being backwards compatible with all generations; would be amazing if it was though. I think PS Now is getting better. They announced not so long ago that Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Control were on there. I still haven't taken the plunge, but i may try the free trial just to play control. It is slowly catching up with Game Pass, though.
I'm hoping they announce a combined Now/PS Plus membership soon. Separately I find the monthly cost to be a tad too high. If I could get both for around a tenner a month I'd probably sign up

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm convinced now that Horizon 2 will be an early title given they're releasing the original on PC this summer. Hype hype hype.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm hoping they announce a combined Now/PS Plus membership soon. Separately I find the monthly cost to be a tad too high. If I could get both for around a tenner a month I'd probably sign up
They should definitely do that. That's what Xbox does with Game Pass Ultimate, so i think Sony should follow. I agree, at the moment it's too much for the two services.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Edit - cheers. Hope the backwards compatibility stuff is true!

acnumber9

You already can. It’s £50 a year for each of them.