Gaming PlayStation 5

b82REZ

Cancelled my preorder for the headphones. Id never use them and the more i read about the 3d sound the more gimmicky it sounds. By all accounts the effect is created on the PS5 itself to the 3d audio effect happens with any headphones.

Preordered Sackboy though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Cancelled my preorder for the headphones. Id never use them and the more i read about the 3d sound the more gimmicky it sounds. By all accounts the effect is created on the PS5 itself to the 3d audio effect happens with any headphones.

I don’t think it will be gimmicky. Sound can play a massive part in games and last gen only scratched the surface. I think we will see big improvements this time around. Whether these headphones are the solution though, I don’t fully know, I reckon they will be good though as Sony products always are.

b82REZ

I don’t think it will be gimmicky. Sound can play a massive part in games and last gen only scratched the surface. I think we will see big improvements this time around. Whether these headphones are the solution though, I don’t fully know, I reckon they will be good though as Sony products always are.
I dont doubt they'll be good. But I have plenty of top end headphones that I can use if needs be. My online gaming days are long behind me so don't need them for that and I won't play single player games wearing them because 99% of the time my gf watches me play.

Considering the selling point is the 3d sound, and the headphones themselves don't create that feature, they do seem very gimmicky.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I dont doubt they'll be good. But I have plenty of top end headphones that I can use if needs be. My online gaming days are long behind me so don't need them for that and I won't play single player games wearing them because 99% of the time my gf watches me play.

Considering the selling point is the 3d sound, and the headphones themselves don't create that feature, they do seem very gimmicky.
I binned mine off for this exact reason. Got enough pairs of headphones lying around already and another pair on the way from Bose (free with my mobile).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

That's pretty cool, seems like it's speculation though and not verified yet.
That’s a good idea. Xbox did something similar for a very brief while - where you could unlock clothing for your avatar, but it’s been a neglected feature for the most part.

b82REZ

Still waiting for a reasonable price on Demons Souls. Only got Miles Morales pre ordered so far.
I am too. But honestly I can't see any significant price reductions until next year at the earliest, and even then I can't see them dropping below 50.

I'm hoping Cyberpunk holds me over for the winter and see what prices drop to in the new year

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I am too. But honestly I can't see any significant price reductions until next year at the earliest, and even then I can't see them dropping below 50.

I'm hoping Cyberpunk holds me over for the winter and see what prices drop to in the new year
Yeah you're probably right. I guess it's not urgent to grab it on release as I'll only be playing one of em anyway.

I'd bite at anywhere near the £50 mark tbh.

b82REZ

Yeah you're probably right. I guess it's not urgent to grab it on release as I'll only be playing one of em anyway.
I'm going to main Spiderman because once I start Cyberpunk I can't see me playing much else. Sackboy will be a nice change of pace and it has coop so me and the missus can play through it together.

I believe Demon's Souls is a very good remaster and from what I've heard plays very well, but I can definitely wait until a price drop for that.

El General 1994

Do you think I'll be able to get 'help' for Demon Souls like you could for Bloodborne? I'm too rubbish at beating these bosses.

Got Ultimate Spidey, Demons Souls, Pulse Headset, disc console pre ordered. Will open up on Xmas day.

@Bojan11 Series X is better though x

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do we know when the PS5 version of Cyberpunk is out? If it's next year I might as well get the PS4 version and have that as a launch game.

b82REZ

Do we know when the PS5 version of Cyberpunk is out? If it's next year I might as well get the PS4 version and have that as a launch game.
Just next year sometime. They've said it'll be free. I just don't know whether to wait for it before playing the game, but I know I won't be able to resist playing it for that long.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've enough of a backlog on PS4 (including a few on the 'collection' like persona 5 and Uncharted 4) to keep me going on PS5 until game prices for launch titles come down.

With Borderlands 3 getting a day 1 PS5 version I have 2 DLCs on there still to play that I am saving for the faster load times of PS5. I also can't wait to go back to Monster Hunter world on PS5, again the loading times will be awesome and theres Iceborne content on there I still need to finish.

Then there's the beyond light Destiny 2 expansion coming which will load faster on PS5 and then in december an actual PS5 update to D2 with 4k 60fps and an FOV slider (Hallelujah!).

JmRssll555

I've enough of a backlog on PS4 (including a few on the 'collection' like persona 5 and Uncharted 4) to keep me going on PS5 until game prices for launch titles come down.

With Borderlands 3 getting a day 1 PS5 version I have 2 DLCs on there still to play that I am saving for the faster load times of PS5. I also can't wait to go back to Monster Hunter world on PS5, again the loading times will be awesome and theres Iceborne content on there I still need to finish.

Then there's the beyond light Destiny 2 expansion coming which will load faster on PS5 and then in december an actual PS5 update to D2 with 4k 60fps and an FOV slider (Hallelujah!).
I'm similar. I'll be getting Spiderman Miles Morales, but otherwise I don't think I'll buy another PS5 game for a few months.

In terms of PS4 titles, I'm looking forward to playing God of War, The Last Guardian and Days Gone from the PS+ Collection, although there are quite a few others on there which I haven't played. I also still need to play the Tony Hawk 1+2 remaster, so hoping that it gets a graphics upgrade whilst running on PS5!

Woodzy

What kind of help is there in Bloodborne? Are you referring to the hunters you can call spending insight?
Think he's referring to other players online, and maybe even messages that can be left by other players.

This stuff is part of the 'Souls formula, so I would be pretty confident it's in Demon's Souls

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I’m the same I’ll get spider man and play some of the collection and that should tide me over a while!

Will the collection be upgraded to ps5 standard or is it just ps4 with no changes?

Hoof the ball

I have Sony WH-1000MX3's and a TIDAL subscription so I've used both Dolby Atmos and Sony's patented 3D Reality Audio which is the one used in the PS5, and I can categorically state that absolutely 3D audio is not a gimmick. If you've not had the privilege of listening to a song that has space between instruments at very high quality then you're in for a treat. It works splendidly on TIDAL and I suspect it will work even better on games that are tailored to maximising this feature. The bass absolutely kicks you on 3D audio. A bomb, for example, would be able to vibrate very intensely or weakly depending on distance to the character in-game.

b82REZ

I have Sony WH-1000MX3's and a TIDAL subscription so I've used both Dolby Atmos and Sony's patented 3D Reality Audio which is the one used in the PS5, and I can categorically state that absolutely 3D audio is not a gimmick. If you've not had the privilege of listening to a song that has space between instruments at very high quality then you're in for a treat. It works splendidly on TIDAL and I suspect it will work even better on games that are tailored to maximising this feature. The bass absolutely kicks you on 3D audio. A bomb, for example, would be able to vibrate very intensely or weakly depending on distance to the character in-game.
I dont doubt 3d audio is good, my issue is it is a gimmick, regardless of how good it is and secondly the console creates the 3d audio, not the headphones. I will get the same experience connecting any semi decent headphones to the console without spunking £90 on a pair that can only be used with a USB dongle.

Hal9000

I dont doubt 3d audio is good, my issue is it is a gimmick, regardless of how good it is and secondly the console creates the 3d audio, not the headphones. I will get the same experience connecting any semi decent headphones to the console without spunking £90 on a pair that can only be used with a USB dongle.
Not true, 3D audio may work on every headphone, but the headphones are not specifically optimized or tuned for 3D audio, it's going to be subpar at best.

Hoof the ball

A gimmick, by dictionary definition, is a designed trick to increase attention, publicity and business. 3D Audio is a feature, not a gimmick. But yes, the console creates the 3D audio, that's right, but keep in mind that getting a superior set of headphones will make a difference in other areas that maximise the 3D experience overall.

b82REZ

A gimmick, by dictionary definition, is a designed trick to increase attention, publicity and business. 3D Audio is a feature, not a gimmick. But yes, the console creates the 3D audio, that's right, but keep in mind that getting a superior set of headphones will make a difference in other areas that maximise the 3D experience overall.
It doesn't sound to dissimilar to Beats Audio a few years a go.

Tbh since finding out that it's the console that generates the audio I may invest in a new surround sound system.

Tiber

Next year. I'm getting the PS4 version on launch day. It will look plenty pretty

Castia

Decided to sell mine on release and put the money towards a new PC. Will pick one up early next year I reckon.

Hopefully I’ll be able to sell it at launch for a decent price.

b82REZ

Decided to sell mine on release and put the money towards a new PC. Will pick one up early next year I reckon.

I don't think you'll have any issue selling it. IMO though it's a real dick move. You'll likely sell for much more then you paid for it and you've essentially prevented someone who wanted one from getting one.

Outlets like eBay need to do something about these sort of sales. I've no doubt there'll be hundreds listed on ebay from the 12th for much more than the RRP.

Shark

@NotShark
Next year. Hopefully this day one patch they're releasing will at least allow for 4k on PS5. Even if it's locked at 30fps.

littlepeasoup

You do you man, but it's a proper shitty thing to do, especially when you could just cancel your preorder. There will undoubtedly be someone stupid enough to buy your console off you for a lot more than you paid, so congrats.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Morally that's a bit of a shitty thing to do mate. There are plenty of people still trying to pre-order.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet but you're a dick for doing that.

Tiber

Taking a PS5 preorder just to sell it is a bit of a dick move. But at the end of the day its not exactly the biggest crime in the world. I don't like it, but I get why some will do it.