Gaming PlayStation 5

Smores

This seems to be getting a bit of a backlash but it's a much needed safety feature surely. It's not like someone couldn't just record audio previously but this provides a proper mechanism that will stop people targeting kids or bullying through the service.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This seems to be getting a bit of a backlash but it's a much needed safety feature surely. It's not like someone couldn't just record audio previously but this provides a proper mechanism that will stop people targeting kids or bullying through the service.
Amen. I have voice chat off now if I’m not playing with friends and have for years, it’s mostly toxic kids who have had relationships with my mother. Would be nice to see that stamped out and the chance to talk to normal people without hearing a throbbing temple vein.

Raw

I think what caused the backlash was the ambiguity about it when it was first announced. People assumed that Sony were going to be recording all voice chats for moderation, when in reality it's just giving people the ability to record voice chat for it then to be moderated.

Tiber

There were new preorders today...

Sold out in approx 4 mins. But still, maybe this is a sign some more stock on the way.

Tiber

The UI is here:

Sorry @esmufc07 .... minimal burger king

I like that they have put some work into screenshots, I used that system a lot on PS4

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The UI is here:

Sorry @esmufc07 .... minimal burger king

I like that they have put some work into screenshots, I used that system a lot on PS4
Seems a lot snappier and more seamless which is good. Activity cards seem useful too and I like the fact the PS Store is now integrated. Nice changes overall.

Raw

Objectives would be super neat if they were set up as challenges between you and your friends. Wonder if they'll add something like that?

Hints are a cool feature.
It definitely seems like something they can implement quite easily if they haven't already.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can't watch till later on, is there any competition for Xbox's quick resume feature?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Pleased that you no longer have to go out of the game to access the menu. Looks good.

Castia

I can't watch till later on, is there any competition for Xbox's quick resume feature?
Lots of detective work going on at the moment, it seems like there will be a feature it’s just not announced yet.

Guess we’ll see in the coming weeks

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks nice. Surprised no one has mentioned how similar it looks to Xbox UI :wenger:

Voice moderation could obviously have some very positive uses, but where’s the line drawn? There’s always people chatting shit and it’s nice to make em look silly sometimes. Seems like there will be a lot of opportunity to abuse it, which at best means they’re gonna have to sift through a lot. Unless it only triggers if there’s multiple reports in a short time.

Tiber

I actually think the UI looks a bit busy compared to the PS4 (which I liked a lot) but maybe thats just because there is such a colourful game running in the background.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what it looks like as long as its snappy and the store runs well.

Leg-End

As always with these things, reserve judgement until we get to use it ourselves but it looks like a good step in the right direction and pretty slick.

Smores

I actually think the UI looks a bit busy compared to the PS4 (which I liked a lot) but maybe thats just because there is such a colourful game running in the background.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what it looks like as long as its snappy and the store runs well.
As long as it doesn't hang all the time is my main criteria. The PS4 can make it really slow and difficult to create/join a party.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That was a really boring video, his voice was putting me to sleep.

Nowt really exciting about the new UI, didn't expect much anyway tbh. Be more interesting when its hands on for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck me trying to call Argos to cancel my pre-order. Ridiculous. So much automated bullshit and it just hung up on me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck me trying to call Argos to cancel my pre-order. Ridiculous. So much automated bullshit and it just hung up on me.
Got through and the guy asked why on earth was I cancelling because they're like gold dust and I said I had two pre-orders. He went "Not being cheeky but how did you get it off Amazon? I've been looking for ages.". Proceeded to tell him about Stock Informer and he was so thankful :lol: