Gaming PlayStation 5

padr81

Supports
Man City
Amen. I have voice chat off now if I’m not playing with friends and have for years, it’s mostly toxic kids who have had relationships with my mother. Would be nice to see that stamped out and the chance to talk to normal people without hearing a throbbing temple vein.
:lol: :lol: 100%.

I think this is a good feature and hope that there is a massive crackdown on dick head behavior. Sadly I've taken shit over Fifa via mic from guys up to their 30's.

Ole90+3

Got through and the guy asked why on earth was I cancelling because they're like gold dust and I said I had two pre-orders. He went "Not being cheeky but how did you get it off Amazon? I've been looking for ages.". Proceeded to tell him about Stock Informer and he was so thankful :lol:
Has there been any stock over the past 3 weeks? I signed up to both email alerts and push notifications and haven't got anything other than that stupid Curry's one where the console was priced at £2k

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Has there been any stock over the past 3 weeks? I signed up to both email alerts and push notifications and haven't got anything other than that stupid Curry's one where the console was priced at £2k
No idea mate. Looking at the recent stock history on SI though looks like not much.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't watch till later on, is there any competition for Xbox's quick resume feature?
He was in Sackboy then loaded Destruction AllStars but there was no message on screen at any point asking if user was sure they wanted to close the game as progress wasn't saved etc - like is currently the case on PS4, so it suggests there is the ability to have multiple games at one time, though I think if it was a feature it would have been mentioned by now.

Adamsk7

I am a PS fan boy and will definitely be using this machine as my no.1 over the Series X but there’s no doubt in my mind that Sony have been far less engaging with their audience than Xbox. Everything on the marketing side of Series X has been great - from hearing directly from Phil Spencer and architects of the console in podcasts and on YouTube, to letting influencers get their hands on it early, showcasing features and being all in on backwards compatibility and game pass. All we are getting from Sony are very boring, soulless videos that don’t really explain much along with confusing things like the Spider-Man save and remastered situation.

it’ll matter not one jot in the long run and I fully expect PlayStation to outsell Xbox but there’s only one company that’s making the gamer feel valued currently and it’s not Sony

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I am a PS fan boy and will definitely be using this machine as my no.1 over the Series X but there’s no doubt in my mind that Sony have been far less engaging with their audience than Xbox. Everything on the marketing side of Series X has been great - from hearing directly from Phil Spencer and architects of the console in podcasts and on YouTube, to letting influencers get their hands on it early, showcasing features and being all in on backwards compatibility and game pass. All we are getting from Sony are very boring, soulless videos that don’t really explain much along with confusing things like the Spider-Man save and remastered situation.

it’ll matter not one jot in the long run and I fully expect PlayStation to outsell Xbox but there’s only one company that’s making the gamer feel valued currently and it’s not Sony

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Great post.

AaronRedDevil

You mean the one with all the games?

Castia

I do agree with this. Like them or not Microsoft have been excellent.

Tiber

DF managed to squeeze a 17 min reaction video out of the UI reveal

Does anyone else get a strong PS3 vibe from the way the UI first launches?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I actually agree with this too, I don't think Sony needed to do much but some extra clarity over things would be nice. I still don't think I fully understand the transition into next-gen when it comes to games, saves and this, that and the other.

Smores

Looks like there's a switcher UI option in the video and it changes as he swaps over games. It might just be a route to launch games but i reckon it'll be quick resume equivalent.

hubbuh

Tried to buy one of those PS1 classics that come preloaded with 20 games from Amazon but they all feckin' sold out. Have to get a PS5 and XBX to make up for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Good summary, this.

Paxi

UI looks okay, nothing special. Prefer PC.

Tiber

@Bojan11 can the Xbox even open the Playstation Store? Pretty limited UI if it doesn't.

Tiber

I'm pretty sure this tweet is 12 years old.

For all the anticipation of the Ui reveal, you don't actually need the PS5 UI to do anything that PS3 couldn't. I need to open games, launch the store and open netflix.

Hell, the Switch UI is probably more basic than the PSP's

Adamsk7

Bloody hell I posted that then went for a run. Came back to 6 new replies and thought “ I’m gonna get slaughtered here” :lol:
Glad to know I’m not alone! Like we’ve all said, it won’t affect much anyway but I’d like more clarity and more presence. I think they could do with a Major Nelson type that does the rounds and gets people hyped. Mark Cerny is not that guy!

Tiber

The much anticipated Burger King announcement has finally been revealed!

Paxi

For all the anticipation of the Ui reveal, you don't actually need the PS5 UI to do anything that PS3 couldn't. I need to open games, launch the store and open netflix.

Hell, the Switch UI is probably more basic than the PSP's
I know, Sony needed something extraordinary with UI hype but of course its just a re-skin with help of an ssd.

AaronRedDevil

Bloody hell I posted that then went for a run. Came back to 6 new replies and thought “ I’m gonna get slaughtered here” :lol:
Glad to know I’m not alone! Like we’ve all said, it won’t affect much anyway but I’d like more clarity and more presence. I think they could do with a Major Nelson type that does the rounds and gets people hyped. Mark Cerny is not that guy!
All jokes aside. Xbox looks to be making a big comeback next gen. I only want the one console and thats ps5. But if Xbox puts age of Empires into that console. I will buy it hah.

Tiber

All jokes aside. Xbox looks to be making a big comeback next gen. I only want the one console and thats ps5. But if Xbox puts age of Empires into that console. I will buy it hah.
The Age 3 remaster released on PC today. Was always the weakest game in the series though.

Well aside from the console port of AOE2

AaronRedDevil

The Age 3 remaster released on PC today. Was always the weakest game in the series though.

Well aside from the console port of AOE2
Yeah that's true. I hate that everytime I see Xbox game pass for console and pc. They mention AOE 3 for them both, when it's not. Hopefully one day I'll hear the news its coming to console.

Castia

I like the overlay that let’s you watch friends stream etc, I wonder if YouTube/Twitch etc will be available.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Objectives with in game tips videos, especially if you could do guides picture in picture could be really cool.

Feels like one of those features a lot of devs ignore / don't take full advantage of, but hopefully not. Any dev that does is probably the sort who would already have an element of that within the start menu (thinking games like Mario Odyssey or Middle Earth that show various combat and action move set videos with the button prompts underneath)

It would be great if they were linked to wikis with user generated content.

Not having to go Home for simple things like inviting to a party was much needed. So painful on base PS4.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I like the overlay that let’s you watch friends stream etc, I wonder if YouTube/Twitch etc will be available.
Yeah I was thinking about watching a wiki / walkthrough / guide whilst on a particularly challenging bit.

I don't tend to watch that stuff myself but I think itd be a great feature if you could.

Tiber

I think it would be very helpful for things like jumping puzzles in Destiny where you a fireteam member is trying to teach you to do a jumping puzzle