Gaming PlayStation 5

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anyone having issues charging controllers using front USB port when in rest mode? Same issue with mine and my kids consoles.

I read that you can use the back ports but seems a bit shit?
Check it’s not in power saving mode as that won’t supply power to the USB ports.

Tiber

Anyone having issues charging controllers using front USB port when in rest mode? Same issue with mine and my kids consoles.

I read that you can use the back ports but seems a bit shit?
Change the power settings, mine said something about selecting certain modes wont let you charge in rest mode.

Though I just charge my controllers on a phone charger

b82REZ

Had a problem with rest mode also. Left it in the mode overnight to finish some downloads but it wouldn't wake back up this morning no matter what I did. Did a power cycle and it was grand
I was doing the exact same thing. I'm wondering if it's connected to some of the install issues.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Change the power settings, mine said something about selecting certain modes wont let you charge in rest mode.

Though I just charge my controllers on a phone charger
Yeah all setting look in order. From googling appears to be quite common issue

rotherham_red

The game experience has been really good. Miles Morales looks great, Demon’s Souls rather incredible and Astro is a magnificent showcase for the PS and Dualsense.

Everything else has been a bit poor - lots of error messages, WiFi issues and after installing and updating Demon’s Souls, went to play it and it had uninstalled, so had to do it again. My Series X I had zero issues with. All seems a bit beta.

Plus some minor issues like having to stand up to set it up cause the cable they provided was ridiculously short and only 2 rear USB ports meaning I’ll have to have one in the front (have the headset and an external drive) if I want to charge the headset or controllers. I mean theres mouse/keyboard support isn’t there? 2 rear ports would be considered backwards 5 years ago...I don’t think they can use the ‘trying to keep it small’ excuse.
I'd get the dual charging dock.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The game experience has been really good. Miles Morales looks great, Demon’s Souls rather incredible and Astro is a magnificent showcase for the PS and Dualsense.

Everything else has been a bit poor - lots of error messages, WiFi issues and after installing and updating Demon’s Souls, went to play it and it had uninstalled, so had to do it again. My Series X I had zero issues with. All seems a bit beta.

Plus some minor issues like having to stand up to set it up cause the cable they provided was ridiculously short and only 2 rear USB ports meaning I’ll have to have one in the front (have the headset and an external drive) if I want to charge the headset or controllers. I mean theres mouse/keyboard support isn’t there? 2 rear ports would be considered backwards 5 years ago...I don’t think they can use the ‘trying to keep it small’ excuse.
Spot on this. Agree with it all. Had the same weird reinstall thing with demons souls too. Bizarre

Bojan11

Fake news as soon as you mentioned the X.

I expect a great post from you @esmufc07. I am starting to print them out and hang them on my wall.

ShinjiNinja26

I will keep a look out for you, @TrustInJanuzaj and @Pexbo. Even though the latter insults me always.

Same for you @ShinjiNinja26 regarding Xbox.

My new hero @Balljy might have some discord link because that’s been pretty useful to me and others on here regarding the Nvidia 3000 series cards, which are worse than PS5 stock.
Cheers fella, much appreciated.:)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Had the console crash one time when playing Astro, as soon as I got the notification that MM was installed it froze everything. Otherwise it’s been ok.

Not used rest mode yet & doubt I’ll need to anytime soon with the speed the games are loading. Hopefully the bug gets fixed ASAP though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Had the console crash one time when playing Astro, as soon as I got the notification that MM was installed it froze everything. Otherwise it’s been ok.

Not used rest mode yet & doubt I’ll need to anytime soon with the speed the games are loading. Hopefully the bug gets fixed ASAP though.
The speed at which I can be playing Demons Souls from the PS5 being powered off is mental.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The speed at which I can be playing Demons Souls from the PS5 being powered off is mental.
Its funny that consoles have just caught up with this, I remember saying similar when I had a new build PC with SSD about 7/8 years ago.

How many seconds are we talking?

Bosws87

Spot on this. Agree with it all. Had the same weird reinstall thing with demons souls too. Bizarre
it’s because you manually hit copy when first installing the game, I had the same error it happens on any disk game by the looks of it

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep! If it wasn’t for the controller it’d be average but the way it immerses you is brilliant.
People said that about Robot Rescue and VR. They are extremely talented and make the most of the tech, I'd like to see what a straight Astro Bot would be like. Not as much as I want another Robot Rescue though.

Also... Can I just say, feck delivery drivers? Unsavoury cnuts...

Bojan11

People said that about Robot Rescue and VR. They are extremely talented and make the most of the tech, I'd like to see what a straight Astro Bot would be like. Not as much as I want another Robot Rescue though.

Also... Can I just say, feck delivery drivers? Unsavoury cnuts...
What happened with Amazon?

fergosaurus

I've messaged a few people on FB marketplace to call them degenerates for buying up PS5s and then charging £950. I didn't even try to get one!
Imagine how much of a prick you'd feel like, taking that amount of money off someone for a PS5, especially face to face. I suppose these people are well used to being cnuts and it doesn't bother them.

Tiber

Yep! If it wasn’t for the controller it’d be average but the way it immerses you is brilliant.
I'm not sure it is average though. Sure the early level set in the fans is a bit basic, but some of the PS2 levels are as close to Mario as I have ever seen on a non Nintendo system

And the VR game is supposed to be one of the best VR titles on any platform

acnumber9

It seems to take an absolute age to download and install anything. I’m still try to download and install Call of Duty 3 hours later. Astro is good fun though.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm not sure it is average though. Sure the early level set in the fans is a bit basic, but some of the PS2 levels are as close to Mario as I have ever seen on a non Nintendo system

And the VR game is supposed to be one of the best VR titles on any platform
That’s fair, id love to have a go at the VR version!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
FFS. Forgot how unconventional the control system in the souls games is. Suffice to say after switching to that following the afternoon on Spiderman I'd inadvertently consumed all my herbs within the first 15 mins. Delete save, restart :lol:

It's great though. Graphics have already wowed everyone else in the house and the riposte/stab combo is so satisfying.

hubbuh

Imagine how much of a prick you'd feel like, taking that amount of money off someone for a PS5, especially face to face. I suppose these people are well used to being cnuts and it doesn't bother them.
I know. I'm not one to usually let things like that get to me, but it's disheartening that so many people are such greedy, opportunistic and selfish cnuts even when we're in the middle of a pandemic and Christmas is round the corner.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I know. I'm not one to usually let things like that get to me, but it's disheartening that so many people are such greedy, opportunistic and selfish cnuts even when we're in the middle of a pandemic and Christmas is round the corner.
These are the type of cnuts who do it and call themselves entrepreneurs, then use their profits to buy a load of shite from China to sell on for profit, but it doesn't work and they end up with a load of shit they can't sell

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Got mine this morning :drool: had a play at that Astro thing and it just felt so next-gen, even with the animated graphics. Been playing Dirt 5 this evening, will have a go on Spiderman tomorrow!

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah it's a bit clusterfecky now. MM crashed again, then made the whole machine run super slow for a while. And Demon Souls uninstalled itself, without pressing that copy button too.
Shiiit :nervous: you think it's mainly software related or on hardware side? Difficult to know at the moment I suppose.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I’ll come show you how to operate your PS5 safely.
I'll be surprised if yours isn't still on the floor as your little noodle arms couldn't lift the thing!

Shiiit :nervous: you think it's mainly software related or on hardware side? Difficult to know at the moment I suppose.
It's on the machine side 100%, but they'll iron it all out in no time I'm sure. Still, it's annoying as it does seem very rushed compared to the X.