Gaming PlayStation 5

acnumber9

I wouldn't go that far.

New tech will always have teething issues and hardware faults will occur regardless. You may just be unlucky and received a bum controller.
There seems to be quite a few unlucky people. I never had any such issue with any other consoles I’ve owned. Controller issues, rest mode issues, one of their big opening games crashing regularly, storage issues. That’s without talking about the stock issues. The launch has been a disaster. When you pay £450 for something it’s not unfair to expect it to work.

Kaos

Right, I'm caving and deciding I want one solely to play Demon's Souls.

As someone who's braving the rat race with no preorders, what's my best chance of securing one this year? I refuse to give scalpers my money.

Do I just patiently wait for one of the big retailers to briefly stock a few units and pray I reel one in? Or is there anywhere that's taking in preorders with a tenuous promise of delivering by the end of the year?

I accept I'm in a pretty hopeless situation but I did get lucky in snagging an Wii a week after release, so hoping my luck carries over with this one too.

b82REZ

There seems to be quite a few unlucky people. I never had any such issue with any other consoles I’ve owned. Controller issues, rest mode issues, one of their big opening games crashing regularly, storage issues. That’s without talking about the stock issues. The launch has been a disaster. When you pay £450 for something it’s not unfair to expect it to work.
How does the price affect whether you were lucky enough to get one at launch? Seems like moaning for moaning sake.

The issues are few and far between. Yes uts not nice when your new console crashes but lets not make out it ruining the experience for everyone. I've had the grand total of one crash in multiple hours of playing, and that only occurred when I left it in rest mode.

b82REZ

Right, I'm caving and deciding I want one solely to play Demon's Souls.

As someone who's braving the rat race with no preorders, what's my best chance of securing one this year? I refuse to give scalpers my money.

Do I just patiently wait for one of the big retailers to briefly stock a few units and pray I reel one in? Or is there anywhere that's taking in preorders with a tenuous promise of delivering by the end of the year?

I accept I'm in a pretty hopeless situation but I did get lucky in snagging an Wii a week after release, so hoping my luck carries over with this one too.
Rumours of a second batch being released in a fortnight or so. The issue is the wide spread botting when outlets announced the release time in advance.

I'd keep checking over the next 2 weeks and not rely on announcements

Leg-End

You always hear about the issues, you don’t hear about the millions of units that are fine.

Kaos

Rumours of a second batch being released in a fortnight or so. The issue is the wide spread botting when outlets announced the release time in advance.

I suspected as much, thanks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I will once again recommend the charging station. I just put my controller on there when I’m done playing. My controller is almost always on full charge.

acnumber9

How does the price affect whether you were lucky enough to get one at launch? Seems like moaning for moaning sake.

The issues are few and far between. Yes uts not nice when your new console crashes but lets not make out it ruining the experience for everyone. I've had the grand total of one crash in multiple hours of playing, and that only occurred when I left it in rest mode.
Where did I say the price affected whether you were lucky enough to get one? It’s a standalone sentence.

I never said it ruined the experience for everyone but it shouldn’t be ruining the experience for anyone. It shouldn’t crash because you used a basic feature that worked perfectly on their last console. Saying they’ve made a mess of this launch isn’t an attack on Sony. Or the console. You’re very defensive about it. It’s an inanimate object.

Smores

You always hear about the issues, you don’t hear about the millions of units that are fine.
Yeah I've not had a single issue yet, been playing spiderman with rest mode and everything.
Sometimes i just put it in and out of rest mode for the fun of laughing at the less fortunate.

b82REZ

Where did I say the price affected whether you were lucky enough to get one? It’s a standalone sentence.

I never said it ruined the experience for everyone but it shouldn’t be ruining the experience for anyone. It shouldn’t crash because you used a basic feature that worked perfectly on their last console. Saying they’ve made a mess of this launch isn’t an attack on Sony. Or the console. You’re very defensive about it. It’s an inanimate object.
Not defensive at all. Just can't stand hyperbolic whinging. The faults are the exception not the rule.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Why do I have to click "I'm not a robot" on a shit news website , yet they don't have them for buying stuff?

acnumber9

Not defensive at all. Just can't stand hyperbolic whinging. The faults are the exception not the rule.
It’s not hyperbolic. They’re basic issues that shouldn’t be occurring. The fault with crashing has happened to a considerable number of people. That’s why they’ve had to patch it. Simple fact.

fergosaurus

Does anyone have any idea of when the Dualsense Charging Station is going to be back in stock?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Switching back to 30fps from 60 has completely ruined it for me :lol: I can't go back and not sure how I didn't notice how jarring it is before. It's like going from HD back to normal TV.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Switching back to 30fps from 60 has completely ruined it for me :lol: I can't go back and not sure how I didn't notice how jarring it is before. It's like going from HD back to normal TV.
Spider-Man? It’s insane isn’t it! But it does look a little nicer on the other mode, but it’s so smooth at 60 isn’t it!

Shark

@NotShark
30fps needs to be phased out for good imo on this gen. Hopefully as developers get used to optimization on the next gen consoles 60 will start to become standard, even with a few extra bells and whistles graphically.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
30fps needs to be phased out for good imo on this gen. Hopefully as developers get used to optimization on the next gen consoles 60 will start to become standard, even with a few extra bells and whistles graphically.
No chance. Devs will always opt for 30 fps and better visuals over higher frames. it makes more sense for them when showing games off, trailers etc. - Most people who play Spiderman will probably opt for 30fps mode cause "ooh it's prettier", FPS is largely meaningless to most console gamers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No chance. Devs will always opt for 30 fps and better visuals over higher frames. it makes more sense for them when showing games off, trailers etc. - Most people who play Spiderman will probably opt for 30fps mode cause "ooh it's prettier", FPS is largely meaningless to most console gamers.
Good chance that changes with people switching between the two this gen. There's been nothing to compare it to for console gamers til now.

Shark

@NotShark
Until they taste 60fps for the first time that is ;)

30fps is good for taking a few photos with ray tracing sure, but these are launch titles at the end of the day. Developers will surely be able to reach 60 as more of a standard down the line without as much sacrifice.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
MM in 60fps still looks great, even without ray-tracing, so I've switched to performance mode for the duration.
In motion the game looks Miles Morales better in 60fps. The ray tracing is nice when you're still on a window but it's really not worth the trade off.

Options are good though and it's nice it has it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I thought you could on the Pro and One X no? Didn't have either so I dunno. But yeah, maybe.
I think it was posible but not really taken advantage of much? Think this is the big one, with everyone talking about it, the machines being plenty capable, and a lot of games having the choice

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
In motion the game looks Miles Morales better in 60fps. The ray tracing is nice when you're still on a window but it's really not worth the trade off.

Options are good though and it's nice it has it.
Can't tell if this was on purpose or by accident :lol:

Adamsk7

For anyone who’s having controller charger issues in rest mode, just go in to the rest mode settings and turn on “always” for USB power in rest mode - it’s not on by default.

or by the charging dock because I can thoroughly recommend it

Bosws87

People only just discovering 60fps now, theres a reason people have been shouting off the rooftops for years it transforms a game.

If anyone see's the pulse headset or charging station in stock anywhere let us know! :)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Insane isn’t it! It’s such a smoother game at 60.
You were undecided at launch which version to play I seem to remember performance vs fidelity. As someone who hasn't yet got the game and is weighing up those very same options which way do you lean now? Is the 60 fps too good to ignore?