Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So I'm looking for a PS5, of any stock turns up then holla! Any good links/resources? @Bojan11

For anyone interested an update on my Amazon order: it got updated to undeliverable today, and when I contacted them they said it was 'damaged' and offered a refund. After I exploded and cursed them out they offered a £15 voucher as if that cuts it.

Clearly the PS5 was stolen, I wish I snatched that driver of of his seat and fecked him now... Hindsight. Also, clearly Amazon would rather lie, inconvenience and fob people off rather than deal with these issues properly.

Brocky

Had an issue coming out of rest-mode today. The home screen was duplicated top and bottom, all green and no sound but there was response from the controller, though I didn't hang about long enough to do much or to take a picture with my phone. A regular reboot fixed it.

Rest-mode has been fine whenever I have put it into rest mode myself. This happened when I left the console to go into rest-mode itself for the first time. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

Think I will hold off on using rest-mode for now.

Bojan11

Mate that is well impressive

I am so bad at the ball / touchpad controls. For me, even astro fails to make good on the touchpad.

But seems your subtle touch works a dream.
I had a look at his trophies and I surprisingly can say he’s a pretty good gamer. Better than me when it comes to completing everything.

@afrocentricity no news yet. But people were saying something might happen this week. Series X sold out fast today and I expect PS5 to be even faster. But any stock coming now will probably be after the 15th December that most retailers are giving for preorders last week.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/24/next-gen-details-revealed-for-rainbow-six-siege-on-ps5/

• PS5 version of Rainbow Six Siege available December 1st
  • Performance Mode: Target 120 fps with 4k Dynamic Resolution Scaling
  • Resolution Mode: Target 60 fps with 4k Resolution
  • Activity Card support for Ranked, Unranked, Newcomer, Quick Match, & Events so players can dive into the game faster
  • DualSense support with adaptive triggers used for different guns (resistance light and quick for pistols, and heavier for bigger, powerful weapons like light machine guns) and haptic feedback reacts with the environment. Weapons, explosions, gadgets and so on will provide feedback directly in the player’s hands.
  • Upgrading to PS5: If you currently own a copy of Rainbow Six Siege on PS4 and plan to acquire a PS5, you will be able to upgrade your game at no additional cost. All players will be able to keep their progression and in-game items when transitioning between consoles. Owners of physical game copies can only upgrade at no extra cost if they have a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive.

Smores

Added.

Anyone know if there is a custom list functionality on PS5? On PS4 I had a section just for the people I added from the caf.
Not noticed it if there is, seems like parties are the only grouping right now. That itself is pretty clunky, takes far too many actions to start or leave a party.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/24/next-gen-details-revealed-for-rainbow-six-siege-on-ps5/

• PS5 version of Rainbow Six Siege available December 1st
  • Performance Mode: Target 120 fps with 4k Dynamic Resolution Scaling
  • Resolution Mode: Target 60 fps with 4k Resolution
  • Activity Card support for Ranked, Unranked, Newcomer, Quick Match, & Events so players can dive into the game faster
  • DualSense support with adaptive triggers used for different guns (resistance light and quick for pistols, and heavier for bigger, powerful weapons like light machine guns) and haptic feedback reacts with the environment. Weapons, explosions, gadgets and so on will provide feedback directly in the player’s hands.
  • Upgrading to PS5: If you currently own a copy of Rainbow Six Siege on PS4 and plan to acquire a PS5, you will be able to upgrade your game at no additional cost. All players will be able to keep their progression and in-game items when transitioning between consoles. Owners of physical game copies can only upgrade at no extra cost if they have a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive.
Wow this is tempting! Might have to buy this again.

Bojan11

It’s too cumbersome to get to Trophies in game aswell. Unless I’m missing an option.
I told you that the other day.

It’s fast, but you have to take far too many actions to get somewhere even something like turning it off. For PS4 it was just hold down and then press power off. For PS5 you got to hold the PS button down then go all the way to the right and then do above.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

It’s fast, but you have to take far too many actions to get somewhere even something like turning it off. For PS4 it was just hold down and then press power off. For PS5 you got to hold the PS button down then go all the way to the right and then do above.
Yeah, you can tell it’s a brand new UI as there are some odd choices. Hopefully they fix some of these issues going forward.

Adam-Utd

Prior to what the internet would lead you to believe rest mode has had no issues at all. I didn’t transfer any PS4 data and always exit the game before putting it into rest mode.
Same here, wouldn't be surprised if most people chose the option to not use it when resting upon install and got confused.

You can go left instead of right and it skips a few presses, but I agree I found it odd there’s no quick turn off by holding the ps button

afrocentricity

I had a look at his trophies and I surprisingly can say he’s a pretty good gamer. Better than me when it comes to completing everything.

@afrocentricity no news yet. But people were saying something might happen this week. Series X sold out fast today and I expect PS5 to be even faster. But any stock coming now will probably be after the 15th December that most retailers are giving for preorders last week.
feck...

It’s too cumbersome to get to Trophies in game aswell. Unless I’m missing an option.
Huh? Isn't it hold PS button, scroll down and then to the right of game tile?

Press PS button go to the end, etc.... It's okay, hadn't thought about it tbh.

fergosaurus

Astro's Playroom has got me in the mood for platformers again. Rayman Legends (£7.99) and Spyro Trilogy (£12.24) are both on sale in the PS store if anyone's interested.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
[/QUOTE]
Astro's Playroom has got me in the mood for platformers again. Rayman Legends (£7.99) and Spyro Trilogy (£12.24) are both on sale in the PS store if anyone's interested.
Rayman legends is very very good

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rayman's great, also it's still one of the best looking games out there. Gorgeously designed.

Woodzy

Getting very occasional frame drops regardless of game, is this normal?

Was pretty bad on Demons Souls the other day for a couple of minutes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
This thing seems riddled with issues. I was keeping an eye out for one but I'm now going to wait till next year and hope they sort things out. I'd be annoyed if I got a dud that I had to send off straight away like many have had to do.
It's not been a perfect launch by any means but it's getting blown out if proportion, you only hear about the bad consoles. It's nowhere near the scale of the red light of death yet.

Series X or S has had a better launch so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's not been a perfect launch by any means but it's getting blown out if proportion, you only hear about the bad consoles. It's nowhere near the scale of the red light of death yet.

Expecting there to be some teething issues when people play their first game though.

Fist bump @esmufc07

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Similar comparisons if you launched a dinghy and a cruise liner. ;)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I know quite a few people who have one and nobody has noticed any issues. I haven't used rest mode myself just to be safe and cause games are so quick to boot up anyway but aside from that it's been perfect.

Bosws87

Only issue i had was the game deleting themselves once i found the culprit i haven't had a single crash or issue with rest mode.

The only other problem was the front usb being useless for charging.

I've been persevering with the fidelity mode on Spiderman for the raytracing it's bearable but then my brother asked to see it in performance mode and totally ruined the experience for me and safe to say fidelity mode has been binned off. Can't get my head around why people would want slightly prettier games at the cost of the performance.

The difference is so huge its like playing a different game.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Another small shortcut tip is pressing triangle on the Main menu brings you straight up to the bit where the settings & your profile is.

AaronRedDevil

I can’t fecking believe this just happened. I was excited that I received an email yesterday saying my parcel will arrive tomorrow at 10am. Here I am waiting for DPD. Finally he shows up and....he fecking gives it to someone else 4 DOORS DOWN! So I’m like ok there’s probably another parcel. Nope, he just drives off and so I check my tracking thing and says he’s delivered it. I’m fuming at this point because the neighbour would probably just pretend he didn’t get anything. So I gotta work up and go over to him. And guess what...I just see the box put OUTSIde the damn door and there’s no one answering TF. I walk up the steps and see my name on the box with my house number 36 on it. NOT 32, I’m like “you stupid motherffff”. Thankfully there was no drama after that. And now she’s home. Yeees! Sweet Christmas!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Not PS5 related but I am finding alot of deliveries down our road going to the wrong addresses lately. Dafuq is up with that ?

fergosaurus

I can’t fecking believe this just happened. I was excited that I received an email yesterday saying my parcel will arrive tomorrow at 10am. Here I am waiting for DPD. Finally he shows up and....he fecking gives it to someone else 4 DOORS DOWN! So I’m like ok there’s probably another parcel. Nope, he just drives off and so I check my tracking thing and says he’s delivered it. I’m fuming at this point because the neighbour would probably just pretend he didn’t get anything. So I gotta work up and go over to him. And guess what...I just see the box put OUTSIde the damn door and there’s no one answering TF. I walk up the steps and see my name on the box with my house number 36 on it. NOT 32, I’m like “you stupid motherffff”. Thankfully there was no drama after that. And now she’s home. Yeees! Sweet Christmas!

Your other neighbors probably think you're a thief now. Glad you got it though, luckily you noticed and acted swiftly.