Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

Guys they not going to release their whole next gen line up in one conference. They showed plenty of games. Three of which interest most of you. Some people need to lower their expectations.

They got other studios doing work, so not everything is going to be revealed straight away. Don’t get what people expect. They can only announce what’s coming soonest. Stuff like God of War is probably 2022 or 2023. Naughty Dogs next game probably be in that time frame too.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Guys they not going to release their whole next gen line up in one conference. They showed plenty of games. Three of which interest most of you. Some people need to lower their expectations.

They got other studios doing work, so not everything is going to be revealed straight away. Don’t get what people expect. They can only announce what’s coming soonest. Stuff like God of War is probably 2022 or 2023. Naughty Dogs next game probably be in that time frame too.
Yep, and if they did the same people would be moaning the next time there is an event when they show the same things.

Bojan11

Yep, and if they did the same people would be moaning the next time there is an event when they show the same things.
And with Covid no doubt some things that were probably planned could be saved for later.

Thought it was a fairly solid 8/10 conference. Now they just need to reveal the price and show the UI.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

It isn't that it won't get better, but the games that look to be available during the start doesn't make many of us pre-order.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Problem is though, it was a poor showing. Besides two or three games at most, the lineup was pretty tame.
GT will come at launch, but I doubt Horizon will (Unless I missed it)

Just feels a bit meh

Bojan11

Why is that question relevant if people don't feel like pre-ordering this one?
Because if you followed PlayStation then you would know Sony always start slow and get better towards the middle and end of generation.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Because if you followed PlayStation then you would know Sony always start slow and get better towards the middle and end of generation.
It still doesn't hold any relevance to people being unhappy with what looks to be coming at the start of the PS5 and that making people not pre-order.

evil_geko

I personally like the Xbox simplistic Box look much better than this PS5 Router.

NJM78

I will buy day one, even if they only released that bugsnax shite as the only game.

Adamsk7

Loved the look of the hardware (it better lay down though) and was largely underwhelmed with the games. Resi look great but that’ll be cross platform, Abe too. Ratchet looks fun if a bit confusing and there were a couple of others I’d give a go if I found a bit more out about the gameplay mechanics. Other than that, it was all a little...meh.

Rooney1987

This is must be first time a console has been on par with those fake leak looking consoles that gets posted before these conferences. I like it though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I see the release of a digital version as a sign that Sony see a future digital distribution only. If PS6 has a disc drive, I'll be a bit surprised.
I think it is mostly their response to Lockhart. With that probably being a fair bit cheaper than the PS5/Series X, Sony wanted an SKU that would be closer in price to Lockhart and take some sales off that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That design is poorly thought out. It may look futuristic but there’s no way it’s going anywhere in my living room. Very underwhelming presentation to be honest as expected. I’ll get the PS5 for some IP franchises that Sony own but I’m sticking to PC.

Paxi

Absolutely nothing about performance..

Paxi

Thought I’d be getting Xbox series x and PS5 on release but I’ll get myself a big navi graphics card or high end Nvidia card that will absolutely destroy this.
I can’t believe they teased an enhanced version of GTAV...1080 ti could run it 4K 60 on medium settings like 4 years ago.. ridiculous.

jungledrums

Thought I’d be getting Xbox series x and PS5 on release but I’ll get myself a big navi graphics card or high end Nvidia card that will absolutely destroy this.
I can’t believe they teased an enhanced version of GTAV...1080 ti could run it 4K 60 on medium settings like 4 years ago.. ridiculous.
Hasn’t it always been the case that high end PCs destroy consoles in terms of capability though?

Paxi

Hasn’t it always been the case that high end PCs destroy consoles in terms of capability though?
Yeah but pc gaming is getting is more mainstream now. Also some games are developed for PS look and run just as good as any PC games but mostly PC games are superior.

Paxi

I’ll be getting PS5 for fifa and COD so there is no hacking but anything else I’ll be using PC. If Sony had anything groundbreaking they’d have showed it now as RDNA 2 graphics cards are coming out before next gen console release.
I’m not surprised Sony pushed a lot of indie games as there is nothing that they can really put out that a pc can’t already do in term of 3rd party games today that PS5 will probably struggle to do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That design is poorly thought out. It may look futuristic but there’s no way it’s going anywhere in my living room.
Dunno what they were thinking there. Make something modern and clean but fairly plain, surely? Then it fits in anywhere. I can’t imagine a single interior it would look alright in.

The Xbox might be a bit out there being an evil tower of death but it’s kinda cool and definitely modern and in keeping with the kind of stuff people pay top whack for, like Apple and Microsoft’s top end stuff. I’m surprised Sony didn’t want to go a similar route.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It still doesn't hold any relevance to people being unhappy with what looks to be coming at the start of the PS5 and that making people not pre-order.
What comes at the start of any console is usually trash and filler content. My new rule is to pick up the new console a year into its life. And it'll most definitely be the PS5 given their games tend to be better than the competition.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dunno what they were thinking there. Make something modern and clean but fairly plain, surely? Then it fits in anywhere. I can’t imagine a single interior it would look alright in.

The Xbox might be a bit out there being an evil tower of death but it’s kinda cool and definitely modern and in keeping with the kind of stuff people pay top whack for, like Apple and Microsoft’s top end stuff. I’m surprised Sony didn’t want to go a similar route.
They were probably thinking there is only a handful of people who worry about a console ruining the feng shui of their living room decor and they'd be right.

Everyone else will stick it under the TV and not give it a second glance.

redshaw

Looks like Alienware Router fan mockup. An all matt black version would be much preferred to tone it down.

Hopefully it's quiet though. I'll be waiting to see how it goes before contemplating buying.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They were probably thinking there is only a handful of people who worry about a console ruining the feng shui of their living room decor and they'd be right.

Everyone else will stick it under the TV and not give it a second glance.
Yeah I doubt they were thinking that. They'll surely want it to appeal as much as any tech gadget. Especially when it's one that some people probably have on show in the living room all the time.
Probably not be a deal breaker for most people, as they'll just hide the monstrosity, but it seems kinda silly not to make it look better.

jungledrums

I’ll be getting PS5 for fifa and COD so there is no hacking but anything else I’ll be using PC. If Sony had anything groundbreaking they’d have showed it now as RDNA 2 graphics cards are coming out before next gen console release.
I’m not surprised Sony pushed a lot of indie games as there is nothing that they can really put out that a pc can’t already do in term of 3rd party games today that PS5 will probably struggle to do.
I don’t think consoles try to compete technologically with PCs though. It’s a different gaming experience - sat in your lounge room on a couch versus in your study with a headset on with PC gaming. I think they’re trying to hone in on the fact that it’s ‘groundbreaking’ as far as consoles are concerned. They’d never try and out perform PC.

It’s often the case that the launch games are a bit shit though. Down the line when the exclusives hit, I reckon PS5 will start to dominate.

diarm

I couldn't give a feck what the box looks like when Horizon Forbidden West is going to look like that on my TV. I feel like a kid with how much I'm looking forward to it but there was no game on the PS4 that I keep going back to like I do Zero Dawn. Just a brilliant, brilliant game.

Spiderman, Hitman and Resident Evil looked promising and I thought Project Athia and Pragmata both looked interesting as well.