Gaming PlayStation 5

Heardy

How do I put the console to rest mode? Downloading Spider-Man remastered but don’t want to leave it on all night.

scrap that - didn’t see the menu at the bottom of the screen. Time for bed

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How do I put the console to rest mode? Downloading Spider-Man remastered but don’t want to leave it on all night.

scrap that - didn’t see the menu at the bottom of the screen. Time for bed
Isn't rest mode bricking some consoles? Or was that the Xbox?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Playing Miles Morales and the console is completely silent. Nice for a change!

Hoof the ball

1st day thoughts.

- The thing was cold as ice all day. Incredible.
- Silent. Only a little noise from the CD during installation.
- Astro's is for life.
- Those haptics and triggers are something else. 3rd party developers need to start thinking abut exploiting this tech.
- Controller felt great. Much better than Dualshock. The rough at the back helps with grap a lot. D-pad is great too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
what does this mean? Am I better to turn it off?
Some reports of consoles being put into rest mode not turning back on. Not a massive amount but a few cases, better safe than sorry so I would fully shut it down if I were you.

Nothing mentioned about a patch yet or a definitive answer to why it's breaking consoles.

CallyRed

Loving the acrobatic web swinging in Miles Moreles. Have spent most of my time just doing that.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I’ve been into rest mode a few times and no issues. My console isn’t as quiet as other people’s, wondering if it’s a bit noisier if it’s on its side?

Heardy

Some reports of consoles being put into rest mode not turning back on. Not a massive amount but a few cases, better safe than sorry so I would fully shut it down if I were you.

Nothing mentioned about a patch yet or a definitive answer to why it's breaking consoles.
Id just gone back downstairs and It booted up ok. Hoping that might have been an initial issue on US release thats been patched now?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Id just gone back downstairs and It booted up ok. Hoping that might have been an initial issue on US release thats been patched now?
Maybe yeah, there was a software update the other day apparently but sony didn't say anything apart from performance. Nothing specific. Like I said, it wasn't a mass of cases, but a few seperate reports.

Castia

How good does Spider-Man look on ps5!

I’m usually all about performance but I can’t turn the ray tracing stuff off it looks incredible.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Could be, @Alock1 also has his on the side and says his seems nosier than others too?
Yeah for what it's worth, here's mine

I know I have it a pretty enclosed space but this started not long after using the console and even in the UI, on astrobot and on PS4 games. The fan sound can increase and decrease (sometimes randomly) but that other buzz/whirr is constant.

I was on Spiderman remastered with the game paused for this video. Unpaused and jumped around for the last little bit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Astro’s Playworld is such a joy to play. So responsive.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah for what it's worth, here's mine

I know I have it a pretty enclosed space but this started not long after using the console and even in the UI, on astrobot and on PS4 games. The fan sound can increase and decrease (sometimes randomly) but that other buzz/whirr is constant.

I was on Spiderman remastered with the game paused for this video. Unpaused and jumped around for the last little bit.
I've read it could be something to do with coils? Few reports of it around the internet.

Alock1

Astro’s Playworld is such a joy to play. So responsive.
Class isn't it

What's your best bit so far?

The only bit I wasn't huge on was the ball rolling with the thumbstick, mostly because I sucked at it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My PS5 day has been ruined by Virgin Media being incompetent fecks. Haven't any WiFi or solid internet since 2pm and I barely installed one game. They've ignored multiple of my tweets, their online troubleshooting has been pointless and to top it all off I was on hold for more than 3 hours over multiple calls and didn't even get through to a single person.

And I've got it all to look forward to tomorrow. feck's sake.
Get on their forum. Still might not get a reply for a long time but it seems to be the only way to get through to someone at virgin

Alock1

How good does Spider-Man look on ps5!

I’m usually all about performance but I can’t turn the ray tracing stuff off it looks incredible.
Opposite for me I think it looks better in performance mode. Miles better in motion.

Looks great either way though! Great fun too. Loving it.

NJM78

Had mine since 10am, loving it. Also no issues with rest mode or using my external hard drive from my PS4. Did latest update straight away so may have been patched.

Played some remastered Spiderman and Assassin's Creed but spent most of the time completing Astro’s playroom, want the platinum now, on 80% trophies so far. How fecking annoying (but brilliant) are the stupid monkey and frog suits!?

Not sure when I will get to Miles Morales as Cyberpunk is out in 3 weeks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Class isn't it

The only bit I wasn't huge on was the ball rolling with the thumbstick, mostly because I sucked at it.
Enjoyed being the spring. Monkey was fun too. Need to unlock the PS2 now as I seem to have done it out of order.

2E_MUFC

I’m wondering if there’s a problem with my triggers. On Astro’s Playroom I’m in the ps1 room and there’s a grabber machine it tells you to hold L2 and I do but it doesn’t finish what it’s supposed to do. Same with the monkey climbing up the wall in the Gardens. He climbs the first 2 but then won’t go any further? I could just bring being stupid and doing something wrong I’m not sure.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Probably can't tell on the video but the shelf isn't even between the two, the slot with the Sky Q box is even smaller so not sure it'd fit at all

Not confident with the weight either
Fair enough. They are big old beasts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m wondering if there’s a problem with my triggers. On Astro’s Playroom I’m in the ps1 room and there’s a grabber machine it tells you to hold L2 and I do but it doesn’t finish what it’s supposed to do. Same with the monkey climbing up the wall in the Gardens. He climbs the first 2 but then won’t go any further? I could just bring being stupid and doing something wrong I’m not sure.
For the monkey you need to tilt the controller.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Class isn't it

Ok the PS1 T-Rex tech demo brought back massive nostalgia.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve just looked on eBay out of curiosity to see what the cocksuckers are selling them for.

There is one on there at £7900 with 34 bids. The motherfecker has the cheek to be charging £15.85 postage as well!:lol:

Edit: it’s a black box edition,that’s the no disc drive one isn’t it?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I’ve just looked on eBay out of curiosity to see what the cocksuckers are selling them for.

There is one on there at £7900 with 34 bids. The motherfecker has the cheek to be charging £15.85 postage as well!:lol:
That's just people taking the piss so it doesn't sell :lol: fighting back against the scalpers.