Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Appreciate the responses but im not getting the hopeful feeling I was hoping to get from them.

I'm banking on more UK stock landing pre Xmas but even that's unconfirmed atm right?

Guess I can always give some prick on ebay a grand for one :(
Keep the faith, the fat lady hasn't sung yet...

Reported... for being a cnut.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Did the ps4 have as many issues at launch as the ps5 has had?

Are the bricking reports overstated? Sounds more like annoying inconvenience than anything worse?
PS4 was pretty solid. I had some crashes on games but not much

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
In terms of downloads, was downloading FFXV and Persona 5. Download was interrupted and now they won’t download. Get an error for Persona, and FFXV just downloads to the same point it was upto then gives an error message. In no rush to play them, but I’m assuming this can be fixed through a patch later down the line?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
In terms of downloads, was downloading FFXV and Persona 5. Download was interrupted and now they won’t download. Get an error for Persona, and FFXV just downloads to the same point it was upto then gives an error message. In no rush to play them, but I’m assuming this can be fixed through a patch later down the line?
A bit of a long winded approach but could you not DL them on the PS4 and transfer them over? or can you only play the PS+ collection on the PS5?

Bit disparaging all these problems people are having. Makes me wonder if Sony rushed it out quicker than they wanted to cause MS dropped the Series X. Hopefully they patch this shit soon.

I haven't been using rest mode at all and to be fair it's not a big issue given how insanely quick MM and Astro's boot for me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
A bit of a long winded approach but could you not DL them on the PS4 and transfer them over? or can you only play the PS+ collection on the PS5?

Bit disparaging all these problems people are having. Makes me wonder if Sony rushed it out quicker than they wanted to cause MS dropped the Series X. Hopefully they patch this shit soon.

I haven't been using rest mode at all and to be fair it's not a big issue given how insanely quick MM and Astro's boot for me.
I’ve already sold my PS4 :lol: as I say it’s no major issue as I have no rush to play them, but just a tad annoying.

Not had any issues with rest mode, but I’m tending to just turn it off completely as it’s so quick to power up and boot a game up.

Few teething problems as you say which is annoying but hopefully Sony patch these up soon.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Started God of War, really enjoying so far but have no idea about his back story.

Adamsk7

Not had any issues so far my end, it’s been a dream.

having spent a full week with the Series X, I am enjoying this experience so much more. It feels like a next gen machine, the controller is truly revolutionary, the UI far prettier (although some stuff is in weird places, same as Xbox really) and there are actually good, new titles to play. Building in a game like Astro as a tech demo was so smart by Sony - It’s a brilliant little platformer

by comparison the Series X is just....boring. No lights to make it look cool in the dark, slight iteration on the controller, same with the UI. No games....I guess there’s the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” way of thinking but I dunno...for £450 after 7 years..I wanted to be wowed!

lilcurt

Anyone in here buy from amazon UK?

I had my preorder placed by 9.05 on opening day and yet I'm sitting here empty-handed

Received despatch notification for the 18th, then a second notification of a delay until the 19th. Then yesterday I get one stating they are unable to find the stock for my order and cannot advise a date. I'm fuming here :mad:

I'm hoping it's just admin mess and it will arrive today or Monday, if I've missed out entirely I'll be writing some very strongly worded emails. Very strong indeed

Can anyone give me hope? Did you get similar notifications but it eventually turned up?
Hi buddy, I share your pain!

I preordered from Amazon back in September at 9AM. Was dispatched for delivery and on a van 'out for delivery' at 10.46AM Thursday. At 9PM it was delayed and then by 9.30PM it was marked as lost and stolen! Amazon said as they don't have more stock (despite releases more units to the public that day) they can only cancel and refund my order with a £5 goodwill gesture. I had never lost it with a customer service advisor until that day... Appalling service.

By seeing how many are appearing on market place with no receipt or proof or purchase when you ask, it is quite clear delivery drivers have seen an opportunity to cash in. If you say you got jumped towards the end of the day and 6 or so units went missing how can they prove it isn't the case. Assholes.

As for me, I've managed to get one for a not so stupid price. Great fun so far and in a year that has been so awful this was to be expected.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Not had any issues so far my end, it’s been a dream.

having spent a full week with the Series X, I am enjoying this experience so much more. It feels like a next gen machine, the controller is truly revolutionary, the UI far prettier (although some stuff is in weird places, same as Xbox really) and there are actually good, new titles to play. Building in a game like Astro as a tech demo was so smart by Sony - It’s a brilliant little platformer

by comparison the Series X is just....boring. No lights to make it look cool in the dark, slight iteration on the controller, same with the UI. No games....I guess there’s the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” way of thinking but I dunno...for £450 after 7 years..I wanted to be wowed!
Great post

Nickosaur

Yo this PlayStation now in the thread title... is that like gamepass for ps5? And how does it relate to PlayStation +/plus?

Sorry for the nooby questions. Not got a ps5 yet but hoping to get one next year at some point.

fergosaurus

I've come to terms that I'm shit at Demon's Souls and don't have patience to die loads of times to progress. Thinking of swapping it for Sackboy or something else.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yo this PlayStation now in the thread title... is that like gamepass for ps5? And how does it relate to PlayStation +/plus?

Sorry for the nooby questions. Not got a ps5 yet but hoping to get one next year at some point.
Yeah it’s essentially the same thing as gamepass. Access to over 700 games, some you have to stream, others you have the option to download.

Dave_MUFC

Yeah it's almost the same thing. Can download ps4 and ps5 games to the console and stream ps2/ps3 games. They say 700 games, but the main ones are the ps3/ps4 classics, like Sly Cooper, Uncharted etc. And then there's games like GoW and Last of Us, but they're with the Plus collection too.

I'll be getting it once I finish with the Plus collection sometime next year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah it's almost the same thing. Can download ps4 and ps5 games to the console and stream ps2/ps3 games. They say 700 games, but the main ones are the ps3/ps4 classics, like Sly Cooper, Uncharted etc. And then there's games like GoW and Last of Us, but they're with the Plus collection too.

I'll be getting it once I finish with the Plus collection sometime next year.
You should be able to switch between the two or something. I just paid up for PS plus. Not sure if PS now is even available here though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've come to terms that I'm shit at Demon's Souls and don't have patience to die loads of times to progress. Thinking of swapping it for Sackboy or something else.
How far in did you get?

I started playing as royalty and using magic for the first time ever and it's too easy at the moment. Fun though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Are the PS+/PS Now like voucher codes you can redeem when you want?

I've had confirmation I'm receiving my PS5 from EE, but if I buy them I don't want them to start straight away as I've no idea when the PS5 will turn up.

fergosaurus

How far in did you get?

I started playing as royalty and using magic for the first time ever and it's too easy at the moment. Fun though.
Not that far to be honest. I haven't been stuck yet as such but I'm not really enjoying it so far and people have mentioned it gets really hard at some points and becomes a grind. I also find the controls quite awkward, I just don't think it's my kind of game. I'm probably going to cash in now before the price drops.

b82REZ

I'm offended by how little coverage Sackboy is getting.

Doesn't have the same controller features as Astro but but it's a superior platformer.

Andy_Cole

A load of free games with PSNow - But you need PS+ for playing online (like FIFA).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Download god of war from the playstation store instead. Similar type of game but a lot more forgiving and just as good.

Tiber

Yea, it's actually been around longer than gamepass. A lot of it is older titles but there is good PS4 games on it.

I don't bother with it personally. PS+ is what you need for online play. And if you have a PS5 and PS+ you currently get 20 good games (some of the best PS4 games like God Of War) for free on top of the free months games.

12 months of PS+ is currently on offer at Amazon and other sites, not sure why NOW is in the title

fergosaurus

Download god of war from the playstation store instead. Similar type of game but a lot more forgiving and just as good.
Yeah, it looks very good. I've played about half an hour of and it's very enjoyable. I had it for PS4 but never got around to playing it so sold it with the console when I found out it was free with the PS collection. Looks great at 4k/60fps. I'll give it a proper go after Spider-Man.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, it looks very good. I've played about half an hour of and it's very enjoyable. I had it for PS4 but never got around to playing it so sold it with the console when I found out it was free with the PS collection. Looks great at 4k/60fps. I'll give it a proper go after Spider-Man.
I just started it too, is it important that we know the story? Because I have no idea about the back story.

Tiber

Has anyone tried Sackboy in 2 player?

My Mrs enjoyed Astro so much we are considering buying Sackboy and a second controller

Tiber

I can't expain how good Astro is. I got the plat last night and im still trying to beat my times.

I have dyspraxia so I suck at games, especially jumping puzzles in things like Destiny. Its a long way off the record, but i'm damn proud to get this down to 45 seconds...and I think I can still cut another second or two

Don't think I will be getting to 45 seconds on Level 2 anytime soon, this feels about as fast as I can go atm

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
not sure why NOW is in the title
Because Now is on offer too and discount for that is rarer than PS+.

I have dyspraxia so I suck at games, especially jumping puzzles in things like Destiny. Its a long way off the record, but i'm damn proud to get this down to 45 seconds...and I think I can still cut another second or two
Are you me? I have dyspraxia too and also suck at jumping puzzles. Great job on the score. I know how tricky it can be for people like us.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Damien unlucky I've knocked you into second

Not surprised - speedruns aren't my forte! Had loads of notifications on PS5 of @Solius, @Leg-End and @Alock1 beating my scores.

Mountain Run was the one I tried a few times though. Could shave another few seconds of my time if I didn't cock up the final jump but right now I'm done with Astro.

Congrats on being second place on my friends list!

b82REZ

Has anyone tried Sackboy in 2 player?

My Mrs enjoyed Astro so much we are considering buying Sackboy and a second controller
Yes, it's amazing. I've made a couple of posts on here about how it's being overlooked.

For me the best game out at launch. Me and the missus played it for hours last night.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yes, it's amazing. I've made a couple of posts on here about how it's being overlooked.

For me the best game out at launch. Me and the missus played it for hours last night.
I wouldn't say it's being overlooked as such, but isn't it a full paid game? Astro comes free so everyone gets to experience it. Think sackboy will get more love Inna few months when it gets a price drop.

Tiber

I really wanted to finish Frozen Run in less than 40 seconds, sadly it just isn't happening. Though I think this is a respectable effort:

I have been trying to figure these out without using guides, but I might need one

Because Now is on offer too and discount for that is rarer than PS+.

Are you me? I have dyspraxia too and also suck at jumping puzzles. Great job on the score. I know how tricky it can be for people like us.
Oh I get it, its a good deal. I just worried its confusing some of our newer recruits.

Yea gaming and dyspraxia can be a rough mix. I usually suck, but I enjoy plodding along anyway